Liverpool FC Head of Nutrition Gives Liverpool A Taste Of Premier League Success

Discussion in 'The Media Room' started by Maria, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Maria

Maria The dopey one

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    ILLOK, Rooster, Scott Jones and 7 others like this.
  2. Maria

Maria The dopey one

This is a very interesting article about the revolutionary way of changing the dietary habits of the footballers which Klopp has emphasized by bringing in the renown Nutritionist Mona Nemmer.

Please can anyone help me here, I copied the link on the clipboard and posted in the the TIA URL link, now the bleeding link doesn't work!

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Livvy likes this.
  3. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

4. Maria

Maria The dopey one

@Kopstar
    Thank you for sorting it, cheers.

5. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

This part got me worried:
    " The word she returns to — in fluent English already tinged with Liverpool’s distinct, and apparently contagious, long vowels — is “holistic.”
    @inaiq Have you been brainwashing her too?

James H and inaiq like this.
  6. Seen it all

Seen it all A Realist is a Pessimist with Experiance!

It's times like this that I'm glad I'm not a player, give me Fish & chips anyday! lol:celebrating:( do you know how long it's been since I've had "proper fish & chips, laced with salt & vinegar?)

7. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Holistic approach to nutrition, done
    Next, a holistic approach to other aspects of player development/coaching?
    ;-)

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  8. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Fantastic article, thanks @Maria

Cologne-Liverpool and Maria like this.
  9. Maria

Maria The dopey one

@Zinedine Biscan , I thought it was very informative, how nutrition plays an important role in preparation for games.

10. Rooster

Rooster What a hit son

Brilliant read @Maria Lucky boys aren't they. Looks like we are after every advantage.

Love the sound of the apple juice laced with caffeine half time concoction. I will be looking for that stuff at half time for my next game!

Maria and DeathOrGlory like this.
  11. Maria

Maria The dopey one

I hope Mona Nemmer produces a nutrition cook book or something, I would love to try out her recipes.

We are very lucky indeed.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Livvy and XMarlin like this.
  12. XMarlin

XMarlin Member

I thint it makes absolute sense to engage the services of a nutritionist such as Mona.

Liverpool's style of play requires a level of fitness that cannot be obtained without a carefully coordinated "fuel" program.

If a cookbook or magazine comes out I'd buy it.

Livvy and Maria like this.
  13. inaiq

@Maria, Great article.
    I had been mulling over some thoughts about it, some of the points that resonated with me are, the players have bought into this approach, the club is investing in approaches that are unconventional to English football culture.

IMO, these quotes give some insight of sharing things with the fans/community on and off the field.
    “We have even, in a wild dream, talked about opening a store, or doing a recipe book,” Klopp said. Both surely would thrive.
    “We are not even halfway yet,” Klopp said. “But we are going in the right way. We can make this the best nutrition department in the world. I am not proud of much, but I am very proud of this.”

James H, Maria and Livvy like this.
  14. Maria

Maria The dopey one

@inaiq , from what I gathered from the article is that Klopp is adopting a softly, softly approach in changing the habits of Footballers in England and the way they absorb the different types of food in relation to their fitness, stamina and performance levels. Even in Italy, the nutrition department in the main clubs in Serie A are far superior than England and this was David Beckham's experience when he played for A.C Milan.

If Klopp hadn't approached Mona and also Andreas, when he did (who I believe works with Mona from a fitness level pov), I am sure Pep would have approached them to come to Man City as he regards them very highly.

The team are no way near the finished article in terms of fitness, but our team seems to have alot more energy and stamina compared to alot of teams in the EPL and I also notice by the end of the first half and end of the 90 minutes, the opposition are so short of breath and can barely run.

geebo, James H and inaiq like this.
  15. inaiq

@Maria, good points.
    Habits and lifestyle are indeed a softly-soflty approach for long term benefits. Reading insights about the progressive nature around the club from subtle changes in the changing room design, recruiting of staff/players to nutrition makes me even more confident that a sustainable evolution is happening at our club.

I never considered the Pep angle :well done:, Klopp and his team show again how insightful they are to get quality individuals who fit so seamlessly into the club.

As you rightly point out "not the finished article" and our players always seem to have more in the tank than the opposition, this after only one preseason with Klopp at the helm.

James H likes this.
  16. Spitfire

Spitfire Resident Realist

This all has a Rafa feel about it - the understanding that a number of small things go in to making the improvements required to be successful.

It's the difference between a 'manager' and a coach........

17. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

If he read that, Charlie Adam must be DELIGHTED that he got binned off. He's probably sitting on the Stoke bench right now, nose deep in a pie, chortling at the thought of Atlantic cod loins or nut crusted venison.

18. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

About two hours before the game drink a liter bottle, half water, half apple juice and a pinch of salt, its a homemade isotonic sports drink, and the fastest way to hydrate.

Rooster likes this.
  19. inaiq

Does the pinch depend on the size of one's fingers? :-)

James H likes this.
  20. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

I have small hands [emoji3]
    You only need a few granules very small amount.

inaiq likes this.
  21. inaiq

So a Lump of Rock Salt is not a good idea then, just will not dissolve,
    I better throw this drink away :-)

James H likes this.
  22. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

And BCAA's afterwards to help the muscles rebuild quicker.