Liverpool Injury Updates

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. koptician

koptician We'll go again!

Agreed. We may have gotten rid of him too soon

Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  2. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Certain players suit certain teams and leagues, Liverpool after all are a step up from those he played well for.

3. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

According to the Echo, Mané's knee operation was a success.:celebrating:
    Get well soon la.:well done:

FGred, koptician, SBYM and 10 others like this.
  4. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

I heard they've fitted an uprated cartilage, strut braced his ACL and added nitrous :well done:

eng.amohd, FGred, geebo and 4 others like this.
  5. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Are there any particular risks from this type of injury? I.e is there an increase in future injuries?

6. redfanman

FGred, SBYM and MarcusBerglund like this.
  7. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

*I'M NOT A DOCTOR*

Knee meniscus tear's can be an injury that can re-aggravate latter on. It obviously depends on the type of tear, the surgical procedure opted for, etc, and we don't have any of those details.

I'm basing this mostly on injury talk around meniscus tears that have happened in the NBA. I'm on shaky ground trying to explain this, but here goes:

Dwayne Wade tore his meniscus when he was younger and had a 'quick fix' surgery (maybe 15 or more yrs ago) that allows you to return to action much quicker, but the meniscus won't be fully 'patched' and can/will lead to knee problems down the road (bone grinding on bone essentially). Wade can't really play a full season anymore because his knee isn't in great shape stemming from the surgery he had when he was younger (that he opted for to return to playing quickly).

The other option is you have an extensive 'rebuild' surgery that will try and repair the meniscus and replace what was torn away, but is much more invasive and leads to a much longer recovery time, but better long term health of the knee. Some people opt for the other surgery, because they want to return quickly and the young aren't scared about potential health problems down the road as they age. Russel Westbrook also tore his meniscus a few years ago and that's when all the talk of meniscus and different surgery options are available surfaced, and that's where I am regurgitating all this from now.

All that said, I'm not a doctor, don't know how bad Mane's knee was injured other than I heard it was his meniscus, and have no idea what procedure he and the team opted for, and modern medicine is changing all the time. But Westbrook seems to be doing fine now and he was out with meniscus problems two years ago, so here's to a good recovery and a long career for Mane.

FGred, geebo, Artrain and 3 others like this.
  8. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

The biggest issue seems to be the surgery not getting everything, so it is not uncommon for people to recover, feel better but not 100% and end up having to back in to complete the job. It can be a muddy issue because most meniscus injuries occur alongside greater damage to other parts of the knee and so often this is because the meniscus wasnt properly addressed when the surgeon went in and reconstructed one or more of the ligaments.

redfanman likes this.
  9. redfanman

10. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

All this pressing and running taking a toll on Firmino then?

11. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Works his ass off all season. Maybe he of all should be spared the insane extents of pre-season training?

12. redfanman

I think he picked up a slight groin strain at the Bournemouth game. It was suggested afterwards that it was due to the lack of rest from playing in the international games and then our two matches in close succession. Club are just trying to ease him through the next few fixtures.

FGred and Livvy like this.
  13. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Probably fair to say that none of them will play a big role from now until the end of the season. The other lads will have to make do without them for the most part of the remaining game time.

redfanman likes this.
  14. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Glad he wasn't injured.

redfanman likes this.
  15. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

This photo is from Moreno's Twitter account. Is that Grujic on the left, in a crouching position? If it is then the strapping on the right foot might account for him not getting any game time.
    [​IMG]

T.C.B, FGred and geebo like this.
  16. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Someone feed Woodburn, please. Kid is so scrawny.

17. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

He is 17 isn't he?

Let the lad grow for godsakes.

FGred, lfc.eddie, Flobs and 2 others like this.
  18. redfanman

Look at all the stuff on the floor at the front of the camera! How messy lol!

SBYM and Livvy like this.
  19. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

That strapping is fairly standard and doesnt indicate a problem. The problem he has had this season is the hamstring tendon behind his knee. I think this was only the second game he was available for since he hurt that.

legalalien and redfanman like this.
  20. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Hence @Makati Red throwing tantrum that Klopp's system is causing all the injuries.

21. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

Two things stand out. No Sturridge and the fucking state of Moreno.

FGred likes this.
  22. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

It is not feeding that he needs as apparently he eats like a horse but lots of gym sessions to build him up as they have done with Coutinho who looked even scrawnier than him when he came from IM

Livvy and redfanman like this.
  23. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Coutinho is still scrawny af.

redfanman and FGred like this.
  24. redfanman

my only concern with Woodburn is his pace - or lack of it. He doesnt look particularly quick, and i wonder if that will be what prevents him from breaking through permanently

25. lfc.eddie

If he is keen or wanting to be quick, he can train and improve his acceleration. There are programs out there that could improve your burst of acceleration. I read somewhere that doing squats with heavier weights, lesser reps and more sets, strengthen your hammy and then run up and down steep hill will help improve your speed. He will also need to improve his stamina. But he's still young, he has time to do so. Not a natural speed demon should not be something that stopped him, surely he can improve in other parts of his game too.

redfanman likes this.
  26. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Training like that is of limited value for most 17-year olds anyway, adding muscle mass is probably going to happen no matter what he does. Even if it doesn't, it is far easier for him to build mass and explosive strength when he is 20 than when he is 17. He is far better off doing enough physical training to get by, and focusing on using the fact that his brain is far more able to absorb new physical skills than it will be when he is 20.

inaiq, Flobs and redfanman like this.
  27. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Those Tattoos on Moreno's legs look weird IMO (and I'm generally a fan of Tattoos). No sign of Sturridge either.

28. lfc.eddie

Physio table mate, you see that coach talking to someone behind there? The physio and Sturridge. :-)

29. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Seeing this thread at the top of the page always elicits a fearful squeaky-bum fart...

30. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

But seriously...what the fuck is going on with Migz' shoulders?

Is he a terminator?