Liverpool Injury Updates

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

He started training before Palace, so I hope he'd be in contention.

redfanman likes this.
  2. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

3. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Kevin Stewart now out for the season, had hernia surgery.

At this point, am convinced that the reason we're moving to a new training ground is that Melwood has been landmined.

4. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I think we had a point last season where even our fringe/youth players started injuring themselves (out of solidarity, eh...). Now Ejaria, Ojo and Stewart have spent chunks of this season with injuries. Oh, well, if it was something good, it wouldn't happen to us!

redfanman likes this.
  5. Mascot88

It shows what a talented bunch we have, that the likes of Ojo, Ejaria, Stewart and Gomez can so seemless step behaving like a first teamer.

6. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Macca (Stevie) made an interesting comment on Twitter recently that he hadnt met anyone who had recovered 100% from Hip surgery and that there were always complications afterwards.

geebo and Lowton_Red like this.
  7. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

I think that is a huge part of Sturridge's problem - he has multiple procedures now that fall into that class, 100% recovery not being quite the same as the way it was before the injury.

8. Nikola

paul joyce‏ @_pauljoyce
    Mamadou Sakho did not suffer cruciate injury. Scans show bruising and strained ligaments. Stays at Palace in case fit 4 Man U on May 21.

Well, these are not bad news. It's a shame that he won't be able to help our CL prospects against Man City, though, maybe even against Man United but hey...

9. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Brilliant news, cheers @Nikola! :well done:

10. W00die

W00die Member

Excellant, means we can sell him this Summer then and fund a replacement which I assume is Klopp's plan.

redfanman likes this.
  11. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Brilliant, his price just went back to £25m :-)

12. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I wonder if Agent Zaf insisted on reading the scans himself, in private...

j/k, hopefully he can make a swift recovery

redfanman likes this.
  13. Nikola

This stuff with Sakho injury and non-injury reminds me of people who runs Balkan countries - they reduce wages and pensions for a certain amount and when the elections come, they increase them by the same amount and everyone is happy!

14. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I am starting to think that the clubs communication over injuries isn't helping us. We keep getting 'better news than first thought' and time out estimations that keep being adjusted to longer each time a player crosses his come back date. Henderson's 'Bone bruise' is probably the best example'. A bone bruise is a fracture yet the club played this down as not being a break (which is just another type of fracture) and it was inferred he wouldn't be out for long. Is there a problem with our medical team or is the club deliberately trying to be optimistic hence causing us to fret?

redfanman likes this.
  15. redfanman

A bone bruise isn't a fracture.

16. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Are you sure?

17. redfanman

No. Not any more. :?:

The original articles i read indicated it did not involve a fracture to the bone itself but damage to some sort of tissue. Having googled it again, there are a range of symptoms given and i'm not sure which is correct (or applicable in this scenario). The sites do appear to differentiate between a bone bruise and stress/bone fractures (with perhaps the key being either the extent of the break or where the damage is taking place i.e inside part of the bone only) so i dont think the club where being disingenious in not calling it a fracture (a micro fracture perhaps?).

I do agree that the club have been perhaps somewhat guilty of giving over positive noises about how quick players are likely to return from injuries (perhaps that is just the circumstances we were in at the time to try to lift the mood from a couple of bad games). None of the sites i have read indicate that a bone bruise is likely to heal within a couple of weeks - as mentioned previously 4-8 months are the upper scales i've seen mentioned, and i think one survey suggested that after a year only 88% had made a full recovery.

Flobs and Livvy like this.
  18. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I was confused at first as well (I couldn't understand why the club said it wasn't a break when with my limited knowledge it comes under a fracture) in general there are 4 types/groups of fracture. Break, fissure, stress and bruise if I remember correctly. It doesn't really matter the point is they all take at least 1 month (3 weeks to solder and with condition to being 'replaced correctly if necessary) and full recovery is variable, can be 4 months for a bruise. :-)

redfanman likes this.
  19. redfanman

Looks like we may have another casualty!

Livvy and Alright Now like this.
  20. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I can keep Danny Sturridge company.lol

21. W00die

W00die Member

Anyone know if Danny got out of bed ok this morning?

22. koptician

koptician We'll go again!

Any updates on Coutinho? Is he okay for next game?

I see on Echo JK said he has a dead leg. Hope it's just that. Mariappa wasn't even called for a foul!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    redfanman likes this.
  23. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

This from Klopp:

Klopp on Coutinho injury: "I don't think he will be a doubt for next week. We should have enough time."

Taken from Twitter.

Red Armada and redfanman like this.
  24. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah, the fact his ice pack kept reducing throughout the game looked promising.

Lallana showed his value yesterday mind.

redfanman likes this.
  25. Zinedine Biscan

The hope for Southampton should be getting them both on the pitch together, shifting Can back and being able to drop Lucas to the bench - yesterday's assist notwithstanding.

redfanman and koptician like this.
  26. Nikola

I think Coutinho posted a picture on social media where he wrote that it wasn't serious. Not sure if he'll be ready for Southampton but hopefully he can be ready for the last two games of this season.

By the way, can anyone explain me what's a dead leg? I thought it was a particularly strong muscle cramp but a cramp couldn't have led to his substitution, right?

27. koptician

If we could only meld Lucas's positioning nous with Can's dynamism and physicality...our DM problems would be solved!

redfanman likes this.
  28. Zinedine Biscan

Going back to my school days now where it was the done thing to give a mate a dead arm or leg, but it's just a heavy blow that makes the limb go numb, isn't it? He's probably got a wicked bruise but hopefully he'll be fine for the next game.

redfanman likes this.
  29. koptician

yeah a heavy blow especially into the thigh. Hurts like a bitch the next day even more and you can only limp but it gets better quickly with no lasting damage

Alright Now and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  30. Mascot88

He'll have a big yellow bruise for a while, but he should be OK for Sunday.