Loan Watch 2016/17

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jul 10, 2016.

1. AllinOne Sports

AllinOne Sports Member

If he isn't getting game time at Burnley how could he get it for us? I don't see a future for him at Anfield unless he can begin to crack the Burnley starting eleven and consistently perform well in the PL.

2. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Agreed, for him to do well and have a hope of coming back he does need game time, to get game time he has to avoid injuries and prove his worth to Burnley before he has a hope of coming back. there is, this season, more hope of game time at Burnley then with us.
    As I said my hope is based on an emotional attachment, not on anything tangible he has done at Burnley so far.

104TOSH and redfanman like this.
  3. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

Burnley play later today vs. Arsenal

Ryan Kent started and played 82 minutes for Barnsley, but The Terriers lost their visit in Leeds /1-2/.

Danny Ward with 90 minutes and another clean sheet. Huddersfield won /1-0/ away vs. Ipswich and are surprising league leaders.

Adam Bogdan with 90 minutes for Wigan. He kept a clean sheet and won a point for his club /0-0/ against Brentford. Thanks to the point Wigan climbed just above the relegation zone..

Ryan Fulton played the whole match for Chesterfield. They lost /0-1/ at home vs. Bradford

Lloyd Jones missed Swindon's draw /1-1/ away against Shrewsbury

Sam Hart with his second start and 90 minutes for Port Vale. Vale lost at home vs. Coventry/0-2/

Morecambe's visit to Notts County was postponed

Taiwo played 59 minutes before being substituted. NEC finally won /1-0/, but the man who substituted Awoniyi / Owusu-Abeyie/ assisted for the winner and maybe he will start the next game instead of our player.

Allan with late cameo for Hertha. The young Brazilian played the final 20 minutes of the game and his team won 2-0 at home, lifting them to 2nd place in the Bundesliga, 3 points behind league leaders Bayern Munich.

Markovic started and played 77 minutes for Sporting. Lazar scored his team's first goal, but ''The Lions'' had a late shocker after leading comfortably 3-0 till the 74th minute and then letting 3 easy goals for 15 minutes /3-3/.
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggv...ets-liverpools-lazar-markovic-portugal-video/

RB Salzburg play later today at home vs. Sturm Graz.

4. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

5. inaiq

6. MarcusBerglund

Flannagan is on the bench as Burnley play vs. Southampton.

Ryan Kent played 90 minutes for Barnsley, They lost /2-4/ at home vs. Fulham.

Danny Ward with 90 minutes. Huddersfield lost /0-1/ at home vs. Sheffield Wednesday and their goals came from a penalty.

Adam Bogdan with 90 minutes for Wigan. Once again he kept a clean sheet and Latics won a point /0-0/ vs. Burton Albion.

Ryan Fulton played 90 minutes for Chesterfield. They lost /0-1/ away vs. Southend. Looks like Chestrefield are pleased with out player, because young defender Tom Brewitt was there this week on trial ahead of a possible loan move.

Lloyd Jones suffered injury setback in training and missed 4th consecutive game for his team. Swindon won a point /0-0/ away against Wimbledon

Sam Hart with 90 minutes for Port Vale. But Vale were very poor and lost /0-4/ away from home vs. Sheffield United.

Dunn was missed in Morecambe's loss at home vs. Stevenage /0-2/.

Taiwo with 17 minutes for NEC. When he was introduced late in the game, hie team lead 1-0 against team leaders Feyenoord, but finally the away team won/201/ and Kuyt's team has 9 wins out of 9 games.

Allan with15 minutes for Hertha. The Old Lady won an important point away from home vs. super talented Dortmund team /1-1/.

No league matches in Portugal this week.

Wisdom is still injured. RB Salzburg with a draw /2-2/ away vs. Wolfsberger.

7. Etipafilaf

Etipafilaf "If we want, this can be a real special day."

Got the chance to see Allan's short stint against Dortmund. He was essentially put on to man mark Dembele, who had changed the game when he came on for Dortmund but it created confusion because it seemed like his teammates kept telling Allan to stop marking Dembele (whenever Dembele went toward the backline it created a hole in midfield) but Allan seemed hesitant to stop his assignment because that was obviously the reason he was put on. Then, as soon as he stopped, Dembele ran right past the back line (Allan barely missed intercepting the pass) to set up Aubameyang's game-tying goal.

Anyway, I liked what I saw from Allan. Didn't back down from Dembele, was competitive and wanted the challenge of trying to slow one of the best young talents in the world. Thought it was also a good sign his manager turned to him to try to slow Dembele. Looks like yet another quality young player, looking forward to watching him develop under Kloop once he returns.

8. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Fingers crossed that's the case. Frankly getting a bit tired of seeing the quality talents come through the academy, only to rot on the vine once they get to that period before drifting off to the backwoods of Europe.

9. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

In that case, it's due to a work-permit issue. Klopp said that if he could, he'd have kept this lad in the first team, and used him right away. I think a poster on here wrote that next season, the problem should be resolved. Hopefully that will be the case.

Scott Jones likes this.
  10. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

No, I do remember Klopp loving the guy. But still can't find myself getting optimistic given our history. I remember when previous managers were optimistic about the likes of Suso, Pacheco, Babel...

11. hoosierred

hoosierred Well-Known Member Valued Member

Always smart to temper optimism of young players as the come up. Very few turn out to be as good as advertised. Allan is getting good experience, and Klopp definitely hand picked his destination (and may have called in a favor) to try to fulfill work permit requirements.

Even if that all happens, he will be an inexperienced, young player trying to break into a very crowded midfield (Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Can, and maybe Grujic would all be ahead of him in the pecking order). Of course that is a nice problem to have.

12. Lucent skyeglider

Lucent skyeglider TIA Youth Team

Looks like Allan's recent bright cameos have been rewarded with a first league start against Hoffenheim today. Looking forward to seeing how he does. Hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands.

TFC likes this.
  13. Big Emre

Big Emre New Member

Getting the full 90 too.

14. inaiq

He is starting to get game time and with the injury, not sure how bad it is, to Ward he may get more game time to prove is fitness. I still have hope for him to have a very good career in football if not with us.

15. MarcusBerglund

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u..._Flanagan_s_impact_at_Burnley_so_far/?ref=mac

SEAN Dyche believes Jon Flanagan will have to adapt to a different challenge with the Clarets after his experiences with Liverpool, but the Burnley boss has been delighted with his impact so far.

The 23-year-old Anfield loanee is in line for a first Premier League start for Burnley when they host Crystal Palace today (3pm), with Stephen Ward ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Flanagan has come off the bench to replace Ward in the win over Everton and the draw with Manchester United in the past two weeks.

Those backs-to-the-wall efforts have been a different experience for the one-cap England international, who made most of his 40 Premier League appearances for Liverpool when they came close to winning the title in 2013/14.

“It’s different possession stats, different chance stats, different quality of player,” said Dyche.

“With all due respect, they nearly won the Premier League. I love my players but I’m not saying we’re going to nearly win the Premier League.

“We’re a different level of quality, a different level of league understanding, there’s different levels of experience in the team.

“It’s a different animal he’s into with us and so far he’s done well with what he’s had to do and we look forward to even more going forward.”

Flanagan’s promising Anfield career was put on hold at the end of the 13/14 campaign when he suffered a serious knee injury that sidelined him for 18 months. He made his return in January and has featured in 11 games for Liverpool and Burnley since then.

And Dyche has been delighted with the fitness work he has put in since complete his season-long switch to Turf Moor.

“He’s worked very hard in training to get up to speed because when we got him he wasn’t quite there,” said the Clarets chief.

“He’s done well in the two moments he’s come on. I know it was just four minutes the first time (against Everton), but it’s a hard four minutes when you’ve just scored and you’ve got to see out the last four minutes and you’re thrown into the thick of things “I thought he did well at Old Trafford, in a real tough afternoon. He’s only sort of 40 games in, because of the grandeur of the season he played at Liverpool it suggests his depth is greater than that.

“I’ve got to be aware of that, he’s still kind of a developing player. Not in the same way, of course, but he is still moving forward in his game, his understanding of how we work and how the Premier League works.

“So I’m open minded about what he can do for us.”

inaiq likes this.
  16. Libero

Libero Well-Known Member

Whats the general consensus of Sean Dyche ? Is he a bit of a wanker?

17. inaiq

I am sure he hasmoments of being a twat, but, IMO, on the whole seems to be decent manager

18. costared

costared TIA Reserve Team

He has come a long way since being a small but skillful little redheaded kid playing in the Weetabix youth league in Kettering. You just never know how kids are going to turn out, fortunately for Sean he grew to be a big guy like his dad.

19. inaiq

Not many know about Weetabix, It was my regular breakfast growing up, along with Ready brek, wonderful on cold winter. mornings. ummm... Can I claim an affinity as my dad also worked for British Steel, back in the day. :J

On the whole, he seems a very sensible and down to earth kind of guy. Like most of us, i am sure he has had moments where he has looked back and thought, that was a twat thing to say/do.
    For @Libero some background on Dyche beyond Wikipedia, his stint at Watford and references to Imelda Marcos, Wheetabix and British steel etc... I recall these references from various interviews / posts.
    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...into_private_life_of_Burnley_boss_Sean_Dyche/

Scott Jones likes this.
  20. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

inaiq likes this.
  21. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Hertha want to buy him if he can't comeback to Liverpool next summer, Preetz said this week.

22. Lucent skyeglider

Lucent skyeglider TIA Youth Team

Allan gets his first start in a while against second in the league Leipzig. looking to see how well he does and hope he makes an impact. I'd love him to get more game time than he has already this season.

23. Lostmyfunk 3421

Lostmyfunk 3421 Standing on the verge of getting it on

I see this!! I have money on Hertha to win/draw today - please Allan do the business! Great to see him in there!

24. Lostmyfunk 3421

Lostmyfunk 3421 Standing on the verge of getting it on

Not looking good. Hertha 1-0 nill down and no shots on target

25. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

What do you guys think of Flanno's and Markovic's chances after their loans are finished?

Personally, as much as I like Flanno, I can't see him adapting to the fullback role Klopp wants. Maybe will do as a backup

I still, weirdly enough, rate Markovic pretty highly enough. He is a bit soft and inconsistent, but I like his touch, pace and dribbling, and I think he is worthy of a chance to work under Klopp and improve him more. I'd be gutted to see him leave after only playing as a Wingback in a 3-4-3 for us.

26. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

I believe the general consensus on Markovic from the Portuguese media is that he's been absolutely woeful for Sporting this season.

Think he will prove to be too passive for the Premier League personally.

27. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

On the other hand he has been playing in many positions at Sporting and mainly as a No. 10; so he got less time to gel with the new teammates, and even less time to accommodate different playing positions.

28. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Hope this will enhance Allan's chances of getting a work permit.
    Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats2 5h5 hours ago
    OFFICIAL: Giovanny (Atlético-PR) and Allan (Hertha Berlin / Liverpool) have been added to Brazil U20's squad for Copa América this month.

redfanman and Livvy like this.
  29. VictoryInSight

VictoryInSight Tactical Genius... at least on Football Manager

I haven't seen Markovic play but I feel that it may be time to cut our losses with him and move him on.

I can't see Flanno staying at Liverpool as a full back unless he does a Kevin Stewart - converts into a defensive midfielder. He does not have the pace, crossing and playmaking abilities that Klopp likes in both Clyne and Alexander-Arnold.

eng.amohd likes this.
  30. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder