Loan Watch 2016/17

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

He'll be handy cover to have around in the second half of the season, but much as I like him, watching the way Milner and Clyne perform at FB, I'm not sure if Flanno possesses enough attacking nous to stay as a productive member of the squad, sad to say.

2. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Hate to say it, but Flanno seems to me like a lower division player who had one magical run with his boyhood club. Hope he can get healthy and have a nice career somewhere. Maybe if injuries hadn't slowed him down/stalled his development so much it might be different. He's 24 and he's not actually played many games at all as a professional footballer- 45 total for his career according to Wikipedia.

What a magical half season that was though.

3. Etipafilaf

Etipafilaf "If we want, this can be a real special day."

Agree 100 percent with this.

I'd rather have Trent as Clyne's backup with the only concern being if we were looking at using him for an extended amount of time, in which case we can just move Milner to RB, Moreno in LB.

But I'll never forget Flanno's contributions when called upon that season.

eng.amohd likes this.
  4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Flanagan's virtually broken. I can't see him featuring. Couldn't get himself fit at Burnley, let alone win a regular place, and I don't know whether that was down to his previous injuries or a lack of control ( I know he is naturally stocky but did you see how much weight he was carrying at start of preseason?).

5. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

6. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Sam Hart has returned from his loan at Port Vale.

7. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Anyone know how Kent has been getting on and if he is due back?

I kind of feel he wouldn't be a bad option from the bench.

redfanman likes this.
  8. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

Markovic is a player I really want to see him in our team under Klopp. I have a hunch that under Klopp he could do a Lallana and transform into at least a top quality squad player. Most of the time, he plays out of position as a No. 10 or a wingback for us. If he manages to reach his potential as proper Mane style winger, we will be having 2 excellent 1st team wingers in Mane and Marko and 3 promising kids in there, Ojo, Kent and Wilson.

9. jgw_geneseo

He's doing well for them, they usually play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, and he's made the outside mid/winger spot his. Scouting report on him as mentioned somewhere else on forum (maybe youth team thread) is a player with all the attributes you want, can and will get by his man, but struggles to produce end product up to now, will make the wrong decision in the final third at times. Essentially, a young player who needs game time and experience, which he's getting at the moment.

On the field, Barnsley is doing well through first half of the season. Barnsley is in a bit of a rough patch right now off the field with the window being open though. Already sold their best forward (only had 6 months left on his contact, left for 4x more money to Shef Wed), sold best promising LB (will show up in prem eventually, only 18/19), started the year selling best CB to Swansea (Alfie Mawson), and now two more bids are in for both CBs they currently have. All of this is secondary to speculation about their best player and captain, Connor Hourihane (sp?), who might be good enough to keep them in championship despite all of this but will definitely be off at the end of the year somewhere bigger as he only has 6 months on contract, but speculation he might try to get out now, so Barnsley desperately trying to keep all their players but everyone's head seems to have been turned by clubs with more money. Perils of taking young team with small budget and doing well I guess. All that's to say I'm sure Barnsley will fight to keep Kent through rest of the season, and will be interesting to see how the rest of Barnsley's season goes. He might be involved in a relegation battle of things keep going as they are. Will be a year of new experiences for him at very least.

Edit: Guardian article touching on some of transfer stuff at Barnsley, but says nothing about Kent: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/18/burnley-marc-roberts-barnsley-move

And on top of all that, rumors that the manager might be off somewhere else.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  10. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

How did Chirivella fare in his debut against Alkamaar?

11. TFC

TFC TIA Squad Member

Mr. Boywunder comes through again

Scott Jones, redfanman and eng.amohd like this.
  12. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

This guy is a legend, his videos are always top quality. Thanks for sharing

TFC likes this.
  13. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Alkmaar looked damn poor and the opponent too. This is one of the reason why if we want to keep a youngster for the future, loaning is not going to work.

redfanman likes this.
  14. jgw_geneseo

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner 60m60 minutes ago

Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho has confirmed several players will leave the club in January. Markovic is one of them (via Record) #LFC

Markovic loan being cut early? Not a good sign for him or us if true. Nothing like building up value like being discarded by a Portuguese team.

15. jgw_geneseo

Kent scored a lovely goal for Barnsley at home against Leeds today to put the reds up 2-1 early in the second half. Barnsley went on to win 3-2, Kent played whole game in a fiercely contested game against the local rival.

On his goal, cross came in from the right, Kent controlled the ball around the edge of the box, turned the defender and put it low into the far corner. He took it very well. Saw last 30 minutes or so, but by that time both teams had resorted to kicking lumps out of each other and hoofing it long.

The tweet is Kent's goal
    Check out @Sucram1971's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Sucram1971/status/822876465972858880?s=09

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  16. Nikola

redfanman, TFC, inaiq and 4 others like this.
  17. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

18. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah it seems it might be good for the lad to stay at that level, hopefully he stays injury free that's why I think Ojo hasn't looked great in the games he has played since returning.

redfanman likes this.
  19. jgw_geneseo

Markovic officially joins Hull on loan. We'll at least be able to keep a closer eye on him now for those still holding hope he turns into something.

20. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Makes the chances of us getting some money back increase. Premier league teams pay more than Portuguese or Italians, this is the perfect 'shop window' loan for him. There's pretty much 0 chance of him ever playing for Liverpool long term.

TFC and MarcusBerglund like this.
  21. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Will he be eligible to play against Utd in their second leg?

22. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

No , if he wasn't eligible for the first leg he can't play the second. I'm almost certain on that

Limiescouse likes this.
  23. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Ah, I do recall that being a requirement. Cheers

24. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

25. Nikola

Yeah, that'll scare them...

26. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

Nice!!
    I also saw the idea somewhere online that EFL Cup rules would not permit a player to play the 2nd leg, if he was not available for the 1st leg. I dunno where ...but am very glad it's not true!!

All the best for Marko in this one. Maybe his first competitive hat-trick ;-) Hope lives eternal. Marko has a bit of pace, so who knows tomorrow.

27. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

When the matter of availability came up before it looks like I got it wrong. I said that a player would need to be eligible to play in the first leg in order to play in the second one but according to the EFL rules thats not the case. (I was probably thinking of replays, d'oh)

http://cup.efl.com/competition/rules/

28. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah it is the case in the FA Cup replays.

Guess because the second leg is a requirement rather than being dependent on the first game.

Laugh if he scored to knock them out. Agent Marko your time has come.*

*If we somehow get through.

Kopstar likes this.
  29. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

Well that shows me then :-)

Kopstar likes this.
  30. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

If you got that from my earlier post then the embarrassment is mine. :eh?:

Speckydodge likes this.