Loan Watch 2016/17

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Nikola, Jul 10, 2016.

1. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Markovic looked bright on his hull debut, had a hand in hulls 2nd

redfanman, TFC and Kopstar like this.
  2. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Jack Dunn has joined Tranmere Rovers on loan until the end of the season.

MarcusBerglund and redfanman like this.
  3. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Marko just was presented with the ball on the edge of the Utd box and plenty of time to hit it, and fired it 50 feet over. He then showed surprising determination to chase back and make a covering tackle on Rashford in his own box right on the stroke of half time.

redfanman likes this.
  4. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Yeah, I just don't see the quality in Markovic that we paid Benfica for. Like he has regressed with age. Definitely looks like he is going through the motions, no fire in him.

Still would rather have kept Suso

RobLFC likes this.
  5. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

He actually played well though, was unlucky not to win the game for them and was a constant thorn in their side. Certainly seems to suit the counter attacking style where he has space to run into.

Hopefully Markovic and Sakho's loans can help teams pinch a few more points off our rivals.

Scott Jones, redfanman and Drubas like this.
  6. Drubas

Drubas Well-Known Member

Agreed. Markovic has a quality we lack - speed. He was a good outlet for Hull, and one big Key to Hull being able to stretch and mess with Uniteds attempt at being compact.

Over all he was hulls best offensive player, a day where all top performers were in the defensive unit.

Redbelly and redfanman like this.
  7. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Sounds a perfect back up for Firmino lol

redalways and Scott Jones like this.
  8. redfanman

I dont see a guy going through the motions. He didn't when given the chance here. He just isn't aggressive enough.

NickF likes this.
  9. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

He lacks in everything else, Klopp clearly does not want him here or he'd be here.

He's flopped at 2 clubs on loan in 2 poor leagues.

10. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Markovic starts v Arsenal

redfanman likes this.
  11. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Markovic has looked very bright and quick

12. Lucent skyeglider

Lucent skyeglider TIA Youth Team

Markovic has certainly looked like the major threat to arsenal's backline and has been at the center of every positive thing from hull. he's looking good.

13. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Marković was probably Hull's best player today alongside Maguire. He still displays the same infuriating traits (just standing around and watching the ball from time to time) but Silva is somehow managing to coax some fight from him, he tracked back so often today, won possession a fair few times, created Hull's best chances for Niasse... Counter-attacking football really suits him. Let's hope he can continue playing like this, so club won't have to take a significant loss on him.

TFC likes this.
  14. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Lots of people assume that talent is talent and will show through if it's there, but one of the biggest obstacles talented players like Marko have when stepping up a level is learning how to get on the ball enough to express it. Playing at youth level, or in a league like Portugal's, if you are talented then the ball will find you. In the PL you have to find a way to make the ball find you, and that is what Markovic has failed so badly at. He is never going to learn it without games, but it's also why the loans to Turkey and Sporting were so disappointing as those are not leagues that will stress that skill. I'd rather have seen him go to the championship than play for good teams in those leagues. Now he's back in the Prem with a seemingly savvy manager lets see if can get anything out of these next 15 games. He will never be the aggressive wide attacker we are looking for, but if he grows enough in the next 6 months he could make an argument for him playing out the last year of his contract with us rather than selling him on for peanuts.

redfanman and Kopstar like this.
  15. cleanprophet

cleanprophet New Member

Markovic was never backed at Anfield by Rodgers and not at all backed by Klopp. I don't get it. Keep the lad and put him on the bench. He looked very impressive when he played wing-back. But he was always messed about by Rodgers. I remember him playing at Stamford Bridge. He kept Hazard quiet and it meant he wasn't able to get forward much. That's a sacrifice worth making. But no, Rodgers dragged the lad off at half-time and switched Henderson there. What happened? Hazard got free down their left flank and created the only goal of the game. Idiotic and ignorant management.

Again, against Sunderland, Markovic was the best player on the pitch - making runs from the right like he did today for Hull (I think he set up one goal and won a penalty in the first half of that game against Sunderland). Second half, Gerrard went off and Rodgers switched Markovic into the middle. Needless to say, the lad faded out of the game and we struggled. Why change something that is working well? Again, idiotic and ignorant management.

He was player of the year in Portugal. You don't fluke that. His ability is there. He just needs to be managed well and that hasn't happened since he signed for us.

16. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Markovic I rate talent wise but when he played for us he was too timid, he started off okay but completely went into himself and became a passenger. A loan was the best option for him but so far he's been terrible on loan but he's started brightly for Hull, let's hope it continues

17. redfanman

I agree with some of what you say, but i think we shouldnt forget that Klopp would have had other players such as Ojo and Ings ahead of him once he had decided to let him go out on loan. - Where do we think Markovic would have got playing time? We also saw Klopp trying to sign other players such as Pulisic in the summer which suggests he doesnt think Markovic has something he wants his players to have and presumably its somthing he cant coach.

I think Kopstar has said that once the year long loan had been agreed, we wouldnt have been able to bring him back in January hence why he went out to Hull.

18. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

I was very impressed with Markovic today, he constantly showed for the ball, made good runs and never hesitated to go at Arsenal. The player we saw today I can easily envisage playing in our current front line.

This appears to be a really good loan this one. He's playing under an excellent manager and seems to be really trying. If there's any hope of him returning here at all he's not doing his chances any harm.

redfanman likes this.
  19. The Flying Pig

The Flying Pig Well-Known Member

Markovitch is still only 22 and on today's form for Hull against Arsenal he would be worth a place at LFC.
    Let's hope today wasn't a flash in the pan and he is starting to fulfill the potential his early talent suggested.
    One to watch for the rest of the season !

20. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

I watched the Arsenal Hull game, Not even going to talk about the refereeing decisions otherwise I'll get banned.

Lazar was by far Hulls best player and the trio of himself Grosicki and Niasse were a threat all day, and silva has actually got Hull playing good possession free flowing football.

He showed maturity, intelligence and desire, keep playing like this and he'll force Klopp into keeping him.

21. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

It was a big mistake of us not taking Markovich back during the time Mane is away.

He has both the pace and is better on the right channel than anyone we played there by far (Lallana, Firmino) and would have disrupted the team much less also. COuld have been a direct like-for-like replacement for Mane till his return

The Flying Pig likes this.
  22. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

As far as i understand we couldn't, because he has been loaned out for a whole year.

redfanman likes this.
  23. gingerbread

You do realise that he is at Hull now right?

24. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

I think Kopstar has said that once the year long loan had been agreed, we wouldnt have been able to bring him back in January hence why he went out to Hull.

redfanman, Yesterday at 9:26 PM

This has been posted from @redfanman and because of that, i thought Hull made a deal with Sporting.

boston red and redfanman like this.
  25. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

The deal was done with LFC but once a player has gone on a long term loan if he returns halfway through he can't be used by the loaning club and can only be loaned out again elsewhere (Hull in this instance).

redfanman likes this.
  26. gingerbread

That was a super weird rule. First time i heard about it really.

Is it something new or it has always been there?

27. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

Brannagan with rare start and assist for Fleetwood's winner.
    Young Cam played 70 minutes in a 3 man midfield

Livvy and redfanman like this.
  28. redfanman

Markovic has just been involved in Hull's goal against West Ham, might have got the assist.

29. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

BBC said it was Grosicki with the assist.

30. redfanman

Markovic may have got him the ball (started the attack i think with a 1-2) (although it was Merson on Sky talking the move through...)