Loris Karius (GK) FSV Mainz 05

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

I hope he's more Karius...less Darius.

2. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

He isn't. But remember: David de Gea was heavily under fire by United fans during his first season in England.
    Now he is world-class. I hope you guys are a bit patient with Karius, and please don't change your signature to: "Willing to drive Karius to the airport", after his first mistake :celebrating:
    By the way, has Benteke contacted you yet?

3. Werder4life

Werder4life Well-Known Member

I'm a bit concerned. He tends to/seems to prefer to block a lot (very good reflexes) but somhow is weak in actually catching and saving the ball.
    Those "rebounds" often offer 2nd chances to the opposition. In his highlight reels you see a lot of blocks a good keeper should simply catch and bury.
    Hm. Not convinced yet.

4. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

No, the most of fans will start to call for Timo Horn. It's a kind of reflex here.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    redfanman likes this.
  5. AnfieldCat

AnfieldCat TIA Squad Member

At least he has something in common with Jordan Henderson who I outed as a Belieber a few years ago.....

The 22-year-old England international was pictured at the Liverpool Echo Arena in February watching teen pop sensation Justin Bieber.

But in a light-hearted 'AskHendo' Twitter session this morning hosted on the club's official account, Henderson snubbed suggestions he was a big Bieber fan.

The question of whether Henderson was a Belieber was asked by Liverpool fan Caroline Taylor and Henderson responded: "Obviously not! I took my little sister, I know it’s an excuse but she wanted to go for her birthday so I said I would take her."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/390480/Jordan-Henderson-insists-I-m-no-Justin-Bieber-fan

Any excuse to bring back my proudest moment in 18 years as a Liverpool fan.

redfanman, Clive and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  6. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

"In his highlight reels" do you watch a lot of football in your own country then?

Sandeep likes this.
  7. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Bogdan's replacement - work it out !

8. Werder4life

Werder4life Well-Known Member

I do. All of Bremen obviously and therefor much less of Mainz.
    And to spot a weakness in reels that are supposed to be highlights is all the more telling , isn't it?
    Just my 2c.
    Don't worry , I still think he's a good keeper but still needs massive development.

9. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Seems this is done,GK sorted out nice and early,plenty of other positions to look at.

This guy looks pretty good,but only seen videos,only concern is that he may do a lot more punching than I 'd like.
    However,they probably look specky on video and he is almost certainly a lot more complete than that,even at 22.
    Expect him to be challenging Migs from the off,that can only be good for us.

10. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Funny feeling that we will bring in a second keeper this window

11. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

From what I can see of him in clips, he looks brave in terms of being prepared to dive on top of the ball and he sometimes saves with his feet which is always a good sign of a good goalkeeper.

But the proof of the pudding will be coming out for crosses.

12. Eintrachtfan

Eintrachtfan The convinced one

That will not happen!

13. Eintrachtfan

I didn't mean that wie sign both GK. I meant one of them. I think there is no notable difference between Karius and Horn.

14. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

Pepe Reina for Mignolet

15. Danny_

Danny_ Well-Known Member

He looks like a much better 2nd choice than what we already have but I am not sure how good he is. Distribution looks weak from the little I've seen of him. He looks like a good shot stopper. Remind you of anyone? :-)

16. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Depends what the purpose of it is, I've seen some utterly atrocious ones and the player hasn't been that bad, others I have seen that effectively have covered up flaws. I guess the people in the know at the club have scouted him.

We will see he looks more dominant than Mignolet, he is also very young.

17. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

It's also been touched on before but many of our scouting team will also be familiar with him from their time at City (and probably identified him for City as well).

mattyhurst likes this.
  18. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I think I'd look better than what we have currently as 2nd choice (unless you mean Ward), as a sunday league goalkeeper I've seen better than Bogdan at that level.

19. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Why not ? It would not be the first time Liverpool have bought two keepers in the same window, or indeed the same day Dudek and Kirkland for example

20. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Have to say that Baktus bears a "small" resemblance to Götze......

redfanman likes this.
  21. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Hopefully, Karius can blossom into the Reds version of De Gea or Courtois.

22. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Liverpool: Loris Karius set to be Jurgen Klopp's first summer signing after arriving for a medical at Anfield

According to the Liverpool Echo, the German 'keeper will undergo his medical in the next 24 hours after the two clubs agreed a deal, and will be officially confirmed as a Liverpool player either on Tuesday or Wednesday. Karius has impressed with Mainz in the last four years since breaking into their first-team and will compete with Danny Ward and Simon Mignolet for a starting berth next season.

The two clubs have reportedly agreed a fee of around £4.7 ($6.8m) to bring the player to the English top-flight. Karius is no stranger to England after having spent two years with Manchester City's youth setup between 2009 and 2011, where he featured for their U18 and U21 sides.

The 22-year-old's arrival at Liverpool will mark the third signing under Klopp's reign following the signings of Joel Matip and Marko Grujic during the January transfer window. Reds legend Dietmar Hamann believes he will be a good 'keeper after watching him play in the Bundesliga on a number of occasions.

"He's a very talented keeper. I've seen him a few times working for German Sky and I think he will be a good 'keeper," the former Reds midfielder said, as quoted on Sky Sports.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-...summer-signing-after-arriving-medical-1561630

[​IMG]

23. Eintrachtfan

If Karius signs the only way I see coming a further GK is Migs quits LFC.

24. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Looks like we got ourselves a leaner.

jgw_geneseo and redfanman like this.
  25. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

The bonus in this and it's something I was always keen on Ron-Robert Zieler is that he knows something of the country, he hasn't played at a high level here but he has played some football over here it is vastly important.

26. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

27. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

It seems like there's a live press conference in a few hours...

?

MarcusBerglund likes this.
  28. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

29. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

The fact it says "Welcome to Liverpool! Loris Karius" is a bit of a give away, no? ;-)

Good news...if anyone needs cheering up, just go back to January in the Mignolet thread and see how many people were losing their shit on the basis that a new contract meant that Mignolet was going to be the club's no.1 for years to come.

redfanman, Livvy and mattyhurst like this.
  30. Sound as a Pound

Sound as a Pound TIA Midfield General

Not necessarily - it was like he was being rewarded for the poor performances he was putting in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.