Mahmoud Dahoud (CM) Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by jgw_geneseo, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Joyce, James Pearce, and now Andy Hunter in the Guardian reporting we are interested.

paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress 16h16 hours ago
    Jurgen Klopp targeting Borussia Monchengladbach starlet Mahmoud Dahoud for Liverpool’s midfield.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho
    7h7 hours ago Warrington, England
    #LFC face uphill battle to land Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud this summer.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ud-dahoud-bundesliga-borussia-monchengladbach

Might appear difficult to get done, assuming Xhaka is also sold. Monchengladbach will want to keep one of their CMs going into next year. Looks a great player on Youtube though.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

Then we just need to reach an agreement before they sell Xhaka. He certainly seems to make more sense than the Zielinski link.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  3. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

4. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Some reports to today saying Xhaka will stay one more season at BMG and therefore Dahoud may be available this summer

5. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

That would be good news (if he is indeed a player we are keen on). Do you have a source?

6. Makati Red

One of the online papers cant remember which but posted the twitter link

7. Cruyff's_little_toe

Cruyff's_little_toe New Member

offtopic: Beg your pardon to hijack this thread, but it seems like I lack privileges to start up my own thread labelled "goalkeepers". - I think it makes more sense to group them, because it isn't worth it, starting a new thread for each really.

Wanna include: Joe Hart, Keilor Navas, Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, Bernhard Leno, Timo Horn, etc.

@Mods:

Perhaps, it might generally be a good idea to structure transfer rumour threads according to position (like GK,CB,CM,etc. or perhaps just: GK, Def, Midf, Forw), which in turn would IMHO naturally reduce off-topic postings.
    You may just delete my posting, once acknowledged - or perhaps even open the goalkeeper thread for me. In any case thank you!

8. jgw_geneseo

Perhaps you'd care to read the forum rules- and discuss your made up GK transfers in the correct thread- the unreliable transfer thread- although a link to the actual GK you are wanting to discuss will help. If you don't have a link- find your way to the Albert where there is a thread about who you'd like to buy. It's all right there for your enjoyment.

9. Cruyff's_little_toe

Cruyff's_little_toe New Member

Tha! First, I thought you were mocking me and trying to get me to the pub! ;-)

10. nikz200

nikz200 Active Member

I feel like this guy would probably be worth it only if we didnt have Joe allen. Not that Joe is a world beater or anything, but Dahoud seems like a very expensive player for what we already have on the team. Kid looks great and all in videos but.....

11. Brock34

Brock34 TIA Squad Member

I'm a big fan of The Welsh Pirlo, but he's 26 and we know exactly what he's got. He's a great type of player for every team to have and I wouldn't be upset if he stayed.

But, Dahoud is 20. Playing as a full time starter in a top league with 5 goals and 8 assists. He could be special. That's what you're paying for with him. And a midfield of he and Can could be amazing.

Lucent skyeglider likes this.
  12. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

Can't sleep tonight, so I've been researching our three midfield targets (well, we've already signed one of them) Grujic, Zielinski and Dahoud. This lad is head and shoulders above the other two, in my opinion, and we MUST sign him. He has trickery, silky skills, an eye for a pass and a vicious shot. He may be slight of build but he shirks from no-one and is never afraid to get stuck in when the need arises. He would be perfect in a midfield pairing with Can; Dahoud would be given more freedom to roam forward but he appears always willing to track back if necessary. He's only twenty and will continue to develop but we must sign him now or he'll be snapped up by Dortmund or Bayern in the near future.

Whatever it takes, just sign him.

Fester likes this.
  13. Makati Red

Wont Happen for all the reasons @SoftGerman gives id BMG are not goingbto lose both their CM players in the same close season

Shame ad i really rate him

14. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

I hope we get him because it would validate my YouTube scouting proficiency. We'd have thunder and lightning with him next to Emre.

Limiescouse likes this.
  15. Makati Red

It seems everyone sees something in Can i dont see. He is one of the top 2 cm players at the club but that really isnt saying much at all

16. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

Would take mahmoud over zielinski. If we could get him

teto_pp likes this.
  17. BeautifulGame

BeautifulGame Active Member

To be fair Dahoud plays for a far stronger team than Zielinski (in their respective leagues) so he obviously likely dominate midfield more in games and look much more impressive in you tube videos

18. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Well looks like Xhaka is going to be sold to Arsenal. So it's unlikely we land Dahoud this transfer window. But I've heard that Zielinski is signing for us, which is good news.

19. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

Joyce saying on twitter that Dahoud is rated over Zielinski.
    Now it makes sense. Wonderred all this time why Zielinski should be Plan A and Dahoud Plan B.
    But as I said, Dahoud will not be sold this summer, that's why we probably will sign Zielinski and why the reports about him are more concrete.

20. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Fester likes this.
  21. Makati Red

Maybe if we swapped Can for him we might get him agree with @SoftGerman it will take something special to get BMG to part company this summer

22. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Wow! I only got a short way in and I'd made my mind up. Okay its a 'best of' but he has incredible vision and awareness and the skill and execution to make it count!

Drubas likes this.
  23. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Yeah, out of our rumoured CM targets, he's the one that has stood out most to me. Definitely my preference over Zielinski.

24. cynicaloldgit

Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

(repeat ad infinitum)

25. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

He really is that controlling midfielder we need isn't he....

26. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that much of the Polish kid, but from what I have seen they don't really seem similar enough for it to be a question of one vs the other.

27. Makati Red

If we pay the money 40m Euros we can get him if not forget it

Is he worth it probably not now especially compared to Gundogan

Up to Klopp really

28. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

From what I've gathered so far, Dahoud is more of a central midfielder, while Zielinski is more of an attacking one. I feel we need the former more than latter. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm against signing Zielinski (deal looks as good as done, though, Liverpool kit on Polish TV and stuff), just that I think that, from my limited knowledge, Dahoud style of play and natural midfield role seems better fitting to Klopp's tactical demands.

29. cynicaloldgit

Gundogan with one knee missing? I'd rather have Dahoud, thank you.

redfanman likes this.
  30. jgw_geneseo

Haven't paid close attention to Bundesliga this year. Assuming Monchengladback were tearing through the league and are champions by 20 points fielding the dynamo CM partnership of the imperial Xhaka and the wonderkid Dahoud? Can any of our German friends confirm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.