Mahmoud Dahoud (CM) Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by jgw_geneseo, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic_Vinegar

Vic_Vinegar It’s a sort of shrine, it isn’t a football ground

I'll make a prediction now, if we don't get him during this Summer window he'll excel again in the Bundesliga next season, a more attractive club will move in for him and we'll miss out.

Makati Red likes this.
  2. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

We would have the following 5 or 6 for two spots

1 Henderson
    2 Can
    3 Grujic
    4 Milner who also covers AM
    5 Zielinksi
    6 Dahoud

I guess it will be 2 from 5 with Milner as primarilly cover as his role will mainly be in AM

3. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

I suspect Hendo is the one most likely to depart - but maybe next summer rather than this.

lfc.eddie and redfanman like this.
  4. Makati Red

5. NIDINGR

NIDINGR Death by heavy metal.

I was feeling down today, but this news has deffo improved Mahmoud

afrikana, ptt, Kopstar and 5 others like this.
  6. Red&War

Red&War Well-Known Member

Not sure if that was a pecking order but i have corrected it for you just in case it is. there is simply no way Grujic deserves to be ranked above Milner, Dahoud and Zielinski. Can is clearly Klopps favorite as well. Dont get me wrong Grujic might potentially be a world beater but he is just that at the moment. Both Dahoud and Zeilinski both preformed equally as well as him in much stronger leagues. We really need to stop elevating youngsters and make them work for their position in the team.

redfanman likes this.
  7. Makati Red

Interesting stats that LFC win 53% of all PL games when Henderson starts and 33% when he doesnt

8. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Yeah, but what are the stats under Jurgen only?

9. Makati Red

Thdy were last seasons stats

10. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

And what is the sample size?

11. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Yes, but Hendo missed virtually all the games under Brendan which may affect the reliability of the stats.

12. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

He's started to follow LFC and just liked Klopps pic .. Also not renewed contract ..hmm

NIDINGR and redfanman like this.
  13. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Although reading the media reports it seems unlikely at this point, I'm still oddly confident that we'll Dahoud. Not imminently, but wouldn't be surprised if we start to get a bit of movement in a couple of weeks' time.

14. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

They may be wanting to sign a replacement before allowing him to leave. They replaced Xhaka and the other fella who went to West Ham.

15. Makati Red

Its a simple business decision for BMG sell for top dollar now or sell for much less next season or even in January

More importantly why would you want to keep a player thats made it clear he plans to leave.

16. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I guess Henry didn't get that memo when he told Suarez to stay put in the summer of 2013.

JustHitMyHead likes this.
  17. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

Lets all celebrate him rejecting new contracts and openly flirting with LFC, that shows his commitment to us and Klopp!

... Until he starts liking posts by Real Madrid in 2018 and rejects a perfectly good new contract from us the disloyal, backstabbing, traitor.

18. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

Yes I agree, I would say we really need a controlling midfielder. Dahoud (from YouTube) looks like a player who could feed mane woth quick balls. I wouldn't be surprised if we bought Dahoud, Chillwell, Moura. Depending on sakho another CB

19. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

We ain't buying lucas Moura

20. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

If we didn't sign players who openly expressed a desire to leave we'd have signed no one in the last 20 years, it's part and parcel. At this moment in time the lad is what we need I believe. Without the lads desire to move to us we wouldn't have a hope in hell's chance. Its modern football, anyhow I'd at least give him 3 years. And if he has reached the heights of Madrid interest then he will have been a good player for us.

Steve_LFC and Dave-D like this.
  21. LW94

LW94 Member

It's odd that we're being heavily linked with Mahmoud Dahoud and Zielinski yet the Echo reported that Klopp is looking for a defensive midfielder. Some people seem to think that player is Dahoud but he's in no way a defensive player. I'd love us to sign him, think we're craving that type of playmaker, but I would like us to sign a more physical player to partner Emre Can.

22. Vic_Vinegar

Exactly, I'm guessing Makati also didn't express this opinion when Gerrard nearly left in 2005, but was persuaded to stay. There's nothing wrong with doing all you can to keep hold of your best players.

I'd be pissed off if my club let the best players leave without giving up a good fight to keep hold of them.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  23. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

Some want a playmaker. I feel Coutihno Firmino and Mane provide playmaking. Would prefer more steel in the form of a Camacho type. If partnered with Can. Can would have to up his offensive game with more marauding runs and utilize his powerful shot.

Definitely though not opposed to Dahoud. But I have doubts about Can as the more defensive one in a midfield 2... Putting a more offensive minded player next to Can will expose his deficiencies.

24. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

That would be an interesting shift, if we move from Zielinski/Dahoud to more of a defensive midfielder. Everything up until now has suggested we've been looking to add a number 8 rather than a number 6.

But maybe that has been the backup plan; if we can't get one of the two guys we've been linked with, then try something else. Can is perhaps seen as capable of also playing as the more offensive of the two - although personally I have my doubts about that, especially against defensive teams - and if so, there's room for different solutions.

25. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

I don't think they meant a defensive midfielder (a sitting destroyer), but someone who's main strength is in possession but can simply control more intelligently alongside Can, maybe not be another player who charges forward a bit childishly, which is something Zielinski (from what I've seen) can do Kovacic-style when he plays as a #8 in a two.

To me the latest it that it very much sounds like Dahoud is our primary target to play alongside Can but we want Zielinski as well (as a squad player), perhaps for one of the more offensive positions in different formations (until/if he develops for competing for that #8 as well).

We'll see who is our alternative for Dahoud? A completely new player? Still time to do so, maybe when big clubs start doing more movement later in the window. Not many options in the market. Maybe a more experienced but with not such a high ceiling? Allen to stay? Klopp didin't use him a lot in our 2-CM structure. Henderson to keep that role for now, find a more 'realitic' talent than Dahoud, like Zielinski (but not him, if he's closer to Napoli and we don't want to pay more?)?

norwegian wood and redfanman like this.
  26. jimbo

jimbo TIA Regular

Never say never.. I do think a marquee signing will happen. What I will say is that we really are crap at transfers. It's early days but we seem to bidding too low or not sounded out situations with executing the purchase. I mean zilienski has been touted for a while, this should e wrapped up. Looks like signing for Napoli today. We bidded 6-8m for Chillwell. If Klopp really wants him what's 2m more and get in for a good pre season. £25m for Benteke is good business for us. Our midfield is probably the worst I've seen in 30 years. I'm not bothered about superstars. As I think determination and passion goes further than skill. All we media hungry players who give 101%. We have no leaders in the team. We need a midfielder who will chase every ball, pass move and play with their hearts. I would like to see flanno play left back or Brad smith. We spent so much on our academy years ago, I don't see any real stand out player coming through. For me I'm. It bothered about big names, I want to see fight and passion in players. I think mane will be a top player for us. If Henderson is fit and captain is needs to step up. I genuinely am no bothered about big names, our scouts should be finding hungry talent who's going play for the shirt. There are players from Iceland, Croatia, Romania, Poland , Austria, Africa playing in leagues around Europe who have raw talent and drive. I really don't know what our scouts get paid to do?!!

27. Makati Red

Klopp wants his transfer business done before the USA tour I guess he wasnt aware of the LFC capacity fo make transfers drag on all summer.

I guess Klopp will have a decision to make ie moving onto secondary targets or wait it out which will likely be August and then those players wont have been trained the Klopp way.

Its very clear pre season is a very big thing for Klopp

So I guess we have about a week left for things to start to happen

28. Vic_Vinegar

I'd argue that we need a midfielder or midfielders who play with their heads. I think we have central midfielders in Lucas, Henderson and Milner who will run themselves into the ground for the cause, but aren't necessarily the most intelligent footballers. Unfortunately, if the first words that pop into your head when describing the strengths of any particular central midfielder are, 'will run his socks off', 'has a great engine' or 'works hard for the team', then there's a very good chance that that player won't be good enough to play in a top team.

Under Klopp we will never be beaten by a team because they want it more, but we'll get beaten by teams because they have central midfielders who offer far more than just effort.

29. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

We've had out marquee signing with Mane, I'd be very surprised if we bring in a huge name in at this point. I hope I'm very wrong but right now this squad that we have looks very much like the one starting the season. Not getting a CL place has been a kick in the nuts for us yet again. I worry there is a bit of naivety with Klopp thinking we can compete with the current top four having the likes of Henderson and Milner as key CM's. Can looks like he will be a future star but we need, as has been mentioned, good readers of the game, intelligent leaders. Hendo and Milner aren't it.

30. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

We've heard that said every year by numerous managers, it never happens.

redfanman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.