Mamadou SAKHO: 2015/16

Discussion in '2015/16' started by Nikola, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Equally though, if you assume that he has competent legal advice, they clearly have reached the viewpoint that he does have a reasonable defense. If that were not the case, then the approach would have been different.

It may well be that UEFA don't agree following their own investigation but there was clearly, at the very least, an element of doubt here given that UEFA took the actions they did.

It will be interesting to see the actual details (assuming they are released).

inaiq likes this.
  2. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I don't think that can be inferred - it could also just be a case of clutching at straws. If you're putting in a defence you will (particularly where an adverse costs order isn't an issue) put in anything that could potentially mitigate any potential sanction or even defeat the claim entirely. It could very well be the only argument they had left to them and one they've had to pursue as otherwise Sakho would be facing a lengthy suspension.

3. Kanonkop

Agreed...but the UEFA actions subsequently suggests it was a bit stronger than just a clutching at straws exercise. That isn't to say that UEFA ultimately decide that he should be banned anyway of course subject to the results of their own investigations, but it was Sakho's legal team's representations that lead to that pause/rethink from UEFA so it must have had some merit.

We will find out next week anyway it seems.

4. Kopstar

UEFA decision due to be circulated to the parties sometime before the end of the weekend ahead of publication. Will have to see if details are leaked before official statement.

Kanonkop likes this.
  5. Kanonkop

I suspect if Sakho participates in the pre-season game tomorrow night that will then be a significant indicator of which way it has gone! Any lengthy ban and I suspect there is close to zero chance that Klopp gives him any minutes at all.

inaiq likes this.
  6. Kopstar

I can't see him participating even if in the clear mate. I would have thought that he's been training away from everyone else so he can argue that the whole period since April should count towards any banned period if indeed he gets, say, 4 months.

7. Kanonkop

Yes - that's quite possible. Hence why less can be inferred from non-participation tomorrow than if he does participate. If you see what I mean!

8. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Still no news. This is like waiting for the worst Christmas ever.

9. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

They're really dragging this one out are UEFA. Purposefully? Surely not! :unhappy:

10. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I thought they said that the club would expect to know something by the weekend with it going public probably by monday.

11. hoosierred

hoosierred Well-Known Member Valued Member

We just all think the club (or someone) will leak it before Monday. Past experience with FIFA and all.... plus we're worried and impatient.

12. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Does Macca not know anything?