Mamadou Sakho (CB) Southampton, Galatasaray, Spurs

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by kipland007, Aug 24, 2016.

1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

That's exactly my point to those who keep saying he's worth £30m or more. Those top 5 would not touch him either, so other than the top 5, I can't see anyone put out even £25m for him. We be lucky to recoup our investment in full, much like Benteke.

2. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Whilst perfectly correct and valid way of showing why it's ridiculous to expect a club not to blink at paying for a CB what they have paid (absolutely smashing their transfer record in the process) for a star player striker.. There's likely to be multiple deals go through this window for CBS at more than £30 million. It's a steep price looking historically before the window, I imagine it won't be after City, Chelsea and us sign our targets and the clubs we buy from have bought theirs.

3. lfc.eddie

Outside the top 6 teams and possibly Moshiri, I would wager nobody else would put out that much for a centre half.... and Sakho won't be sold at £30m, give and take 10% difference. Pick the charity of your choice for £10 bet? I did this last season with Benteke (not sure who I bet with), I am willing to do the same with Sakho.

4. Anfield rd Dreamer

What's the bet? I'll happily donate 10 to charity do it more than I seem to spend money on myself these days. My stance is we will see multiple CBS move this window for 30+ million including many other deals. With regards Sakho personally there's too many variables as he could be a make shift in another deal such as Van Dijk, how do we agree/prove?

5. lfc.eddie

Discounting the top 5 and Monshiri teams, and you got yourself a bet. Because we are arguing about Sakho would not attract that sort of money because nobody would pay £30m for him and none of the top 5 or 6 teams would go for him either, and they are the only ones that had dished out £30m or more for a centre half. Deal? Some under privilege children fund of the winner's choice will do.... 10 quid and you got a deal.

6. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Ways around it, I'd imagine. Make it two separate transactions, with VVD coming to us for £25m instead of £55m, and Sakho leaving "on a free" or for a token amount. And only somewhat jokingly, someone at Melwood SHOULD have their "Buy five get one free" stamped loyalty card from Southampton SOMEWHERE.

7. lfc.eddie

lollollollol

Pretty sure when they draft out the agreement they would have thought of that already and probably use a market rate of Sakho to add into the fees paid for Van Dijk. But what I think them lawyers would missed out is the bold part..... could work, who knows. lollollollol

redfanman likes this.
  8. Anfield rd Dreamer

Confused.....

9. lfc.eddie

Uhm... here's the low down.
    1. We are in Sakho's thread.
    2. I along with Arminius claimed that other than the likes of City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and now ourselves and I would also think Moshiri (Everton Owner) would pay that kind of fee we mentioned for a centre half, nobody else would. You don't agree. You said there will be other clubs that could afford it.
    3. I also claimed that Sakho would not attract any interest from those clubs mentioned above. The clubs that would be interested would not dish out £30m. You disagree....

So with that, I put a wager of £10 for charity of the winner's choice that Sakho would not be sold for £30m or more. That's the bet.... Yes or no?

redfanman likes this.
  10. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Swansea successfully did it with Vorm - totally screwed FC Utrecht over there. Claimed he transferred to Spurs for 'free' and that it was totally separate to the swap deal involving Sigurdsson and Davies...haha. Not sure it would have much weight here though...Sakho definitely has a value beyond nominal so that would ultimately be the subject of evaluation. After all, we want Sakho to have value and Southampton have already made known their demands on price for VVD.

11. Anfield rd Dreamer

So a simple "Will Sakho be transferred for £30 million or more" yes or no? Fine, sure. Will let someone neutral be the decision maker in terms of value if it's a part exchange.

12. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

the wager - sorry to be pedantic but, what if its 25 mil (30 mil including add ons that could take years to come to fruition)?

13. prest

prest Member

Regardless of his eventual transfer fee, he's definitely worth a 30m tag considering other recent fees. Since its a distressed sale of sorts, we'll likely have to sell him for a lower fee though. I haven't followed PAY in a bit but would they be interested in bringing him home? Might be the best shot a decent gee outside of England.

14. lfc.eddie

I give in on add-ons.... if there is one reported. Part exchange will a tougher nut to crack, but surely there's data somewhere telling us how much our target would be worth. I.E Van Dijk, had we pay £15m for him, then Sakho would cost more than £30m for sure, since Van Dijk going rate is £50-60m and above. If we were to pay £35m and Sakho for Van Dijk then Sakho's fees would probably be lower than £30m, since again £50-60m.

I think that's fair.

15. Anfield rd Dreamer

I'm not too bothered will happily make a 10 quid donation to charity if I lose by technicalities I was just confused on what point the bet was being made on. Whether it was my point multiple CBS will move this window for over 30 million or my point I could see Sakho being bought to replace one of those. Personally can see us buying Van Dijk for 50ish, Chelsea buying Koulibaly for around the same and City buying Bonucci for over 30 million still despite his age. If you're Southampton, Napoli or (less likely) Juventus and you've got that money in the bank then Sakho is one of a very small group of CBs that is available, within their budget an not an outrageous drop in terms of quality. Not saying it would definitely happen but it also wouldn't surprise me either. There's plenty of clubs with enough money to pay that. Just a case of if one of them views CB as important enough.

16. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Well Barca is indeed of a center back for the entirety of last decade. And they paid 20m (right?) for Bartra. They can have sakho for 30m.

redfanman likes this.
  17. lfc.eddie

Messi is not looking at defence strengthening, he already shoot out a request saying he wants Veratti, and Mahrez or Coutinho to be part of Barcelona next season.

18. Kopstar

Twitter talk of Spurs enquiring about Sakho and would pay the £30m asking price.

No brainer.

Flobs and redfanman like this.
  19. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Suddenly £70m for Van Dijk seems a bit more reasonable.

Lowton_Red, Scott Jones and Kopstar like this.
  20. The Elusive 19th

30m is for relegation fodder crystal palace. Spurs is our direct competitor for top4. It should be 45m for them.

treboeth, Lowton_Red and Scott Jones like this.
  21. The Elusive 19th

No brainer as in dont sell for 30m?

Scott Jones likes this.
  22. Kopstar

If we can tie them together it just makes too much sense.

Probably won't happen then.

redfanman likes this.
  23. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

I'm not sure. Sakho is a top CB.
    His attitude was the problem.

24. Kopstar

You think he won't cause issues at Spurs? I'd happily pretend to Spurs he's worth more by insisting on add-ons taking it higher but really they'd be paying £30m for a problem-child for a defence that is already the best in the league. What sort of marginal gain do you think he'd give them?

Limiescouse and Etipafilaf like this.
  25. The Elusive 19th

Quality in depth. Top class cover for injury, suspension, fatigue and 2 games per week aka CL.

26. lfc.eddie

After more than half a dozen games played deputising Vertonghen well enough, made a silly interception, lost the ball, tried to recover with a tackle and injure himself.... Nah. They can have him if they give us Alderweireld, and I have been saying this over and over again hoping it comes true. :-)

The Elusive 19th likes this.
  27. The Elusive 19th

Or 30m + Sakho for Alli or Kane. Or 10m + sakho for Toby.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  28. Mascot88

He'd be a good cover option for Spurs?

Right. He was always so delighted to be on our bench, wasn't he.

Like Kopstar said, Problem Child. If Spurs will pay £30m take it and run. Run straight to the south coast.

redfanman and T.C.B like this.
  29. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

I don't understand why a lad with his skills just should be an option on the bench.

30. Mascot88

You reckon he is getting in ahead of Alserweireld and Vertongen?