Mamadou Sakho (CB) Southampton, Galatasaray, West Bromwich Albion

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by kipland007, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

Then why don't we crack on with it then, if it only takes £1 to get Messi*

ptt likes this.
  2. Poor Scouser Tommy

Poor Scouser Tommy Sweet as a nut.

I was beginning to wonder whether anyone would rise to that lure.

3. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I saw a few fans complaining that Sakho looked like he was enjoying the game yesterday, and suggesting his celebrations prove his poor character.

I can't understand this. I don't think there is any problem with a player being happy their side is winning, reagadless of who owns them. I'd sooner see lads celebrating, than these fake, stage managed muted celebrations against former clubs, such as those by Benteke yesterday.

4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

i can't understand that bit either. You're saying if Lallana were to jump up and down with joy when Soton scored the winner against us you be alright?

redfanman likes this.
  5. JMac8

JMac8 New Member

This comment makes no sense

afrikana and Scott Jones like this.
  6. JMac8

JMac8 New Member

I respectfully disagree. Sakho wasn't even in the squad. He did a 'John Terry' just to make a point to Klopp. At the very least he has proven on too many occasions that he doesn't make wise choices.

Agree about Benteke though. Enjoy your goals...you deserve them. No reason for previous club's fans to take offence

Pecl and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  7. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

8. Alex

Alex since 2004

Whenever we lose, you are pissed off when our players shake hands with the opposition?

9. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Thanks for the introduction..... don't have to go out of your way to do so though. Humbled.....

10. Mascot88

???

No. I'm saying that Sakho plays for Palace, and he has every right to enjoy their victory.

I don't see how Lallana celebrating a Saints winner is in any way comparable, since he no longer has any tie to that club.

OhYaBeauty and redfanman like this.
  11. Mascot88

To put it another way. Had we beat Chelsea in 13/14 and Moses had looked happy about it from the bench, would you have considered that disrespectful to his parent club?

OhYaBeauty and redfanman like this.
  12. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

I don't see what the issue is with Sahko, lets be honest, Big Sam would have made him sit on the bench, just to shit the christ out of every Liverpool fan. He uses every grubby tactic, he can muster.
    As far, as him celebrating with the team, he is now in, what's the drama, we don't send a player out on loan, to be in seclusion, we send them out, to become part of a team.
    His performances, are doing more for LFC than we can every imagine, he is getting more valuable, as the games go on, which in my book, shows he has character.
    I'll tell you, he would have looked pretty good in our team, on the weekend.

Anfield rd Dreamer and Clive like this.
  13. HKReds

HKReds Member

I think it is petty to blame Sahko for celebrating. Since, he is on loan to Palace, he is part of the Palace's team. If it was not for his ineligibility due to the technicalities of the loan rule, I am sure he will be on the pitch playing against us and putting in a professional effort to be at his best.

14. Poor Scouser Tommy

Poor Scouser Tommy Sweet as a nut.

While I agree that there is a certain amount of theatre in such celebrations, I do feel that it's warranted in some cases.

I'd think that the majority of LFC fans agree that Benteke is a good footballer who just couldn't fit into Klopp's system. He conducted himself in a respectful manner while surrounded by transfer rumours prior to the beginning of this season, and when he was sold there was no apparent animosity displayed by Benteke, LFC or Liverpool supporters. In fact, most of us wished him well.

After scoring upon his return to Anfield, he chose to show respect to our club and our supporters by reigning in his celebrations. I think that's admirable, contrived though it may be.

Naturally, I don't expect him to behave in this manner every time he plays against us. That would be rather awkward. Like, your new girlfriend constantly telling you how amazing her ex-boyfriend is? That type of awkward.

KillerBeeLFC and legalalien like this.
  15. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Yes, it does. Sakho is our player, just as Lallana is. Eddie was of course being a bit sarcastic, and was responding to Mascot's comment "I don't think there is any problem with a player being happy their side is winning, regardless of who owns them."

Lallana celebrating a Southampton goal is of course not acceptable, as he is our player. Or 'LFC player X' celebrating the other team's goal is not acceptable as he is our player'. Sakho shouldn't have been anywhere near the touchline, and in my opinion he should have been up in the main stand, if not watching it at home. He did what he did purposely to piss people off, particularly Klopp. Clearly he doesn't give a toss about the Liverpool fans, despite what he says. If he did he would show more respect. Good riddance to him.

JustHitMyHead and Pecl like this.
  16. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Lallana's team is not Southampton it's Liverpool. Sakho's team is currently Crystal Palace at the request of Liverpool we have asked him (or ordered him) to be a part of that team. Our fault he is.

Pretty sure Sakho doesn't get to choose which matches he attends or stays at home for. Or choose his seat. Be a strange world if players did. Except Sturridge of course...

17. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

This whole conversation calls to mind that moment when Mike Dean 'celebrated' a goal for Spurs...

If I recall correctly he's got form for this - I'm sure there's a compilation of his goal celebrations.

Mark Thurgood and redfanman like this.
  18. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Sure I read once the excuse for one of them was because he played an advantage which led to a goal so he was celebrating making the right decision. :eh?:

19. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

Looks like he isn't going anywhere for a while...

20. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Seen comments on Twitter that he's just gone down with what looks like a bad injury in the Spurs game :shocked:

21. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

His value has just taken a nose dive.

22. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Clumsy tackle from a poor position and landed very awkwardly. It's potentially bad enough to keep him out until well into next season, which would almost certainly scupper any permanent move in the summer.

23. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Sometimes feel like we're under some kind of curse with injuries - even for something like this where he's not playing for us and probably won't again anyway, it still will have a fairly significant impact.

Give him rehab and hope to move him on next January, I guess.

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  24. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Looked like an ACL to me. Obviously have to wait and see but not a good situation we find ourselves in now.

25. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

26. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

pretty sure it was our own Paddy Berger back in the day....

exactly what you said, ref claimed he was celebrating a successful 'play on'

Chewbazza likes this.
  27. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

I cant help but think of LFC first as a reaction, as though Mama was just a tradeable piece of equipment......

but we should spare a thought for Mama...for all his faults....not what youd wish on anyone.

get better soon Mama.

28. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

Everyone know that I want us to sell Sakho and that I don't rate him that highly but almost no player deserve a nasty injury. I hope that he can get back as soon as possible.

29. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Just saw a replay, ouch :-(

30. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

Sometimes he acts like a big elephant on ice.