Manure V Liverpool - Jan 15 2017 - Tickets /Place to watch

Discussion in 'World Wide Reds' started by Britbill, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Britbill

Britbill TIA New Signing

Hey All,

I will be travelling from Canada to UK for a week in January for the first time in 10 years with my 11yr old son. I had booked in February and thought we could go to a game. As luck has it...the Liverpool game that week (Just moved to Jan 15 2017 for TV) happens to be at Old Toilet so chances of getting tickets are basically zero. My kid is Liverpool crazy and so here is what I'm thinking;

Option 1 - buy tickets from a tout but only if they are in the away end. (I understand this will be expensive but am afraid of being scammed).

Option 2 - Travel to Liverpool..do the stadium tour and watch the game at a local pub.

If anyone can provide any suggestions on where to look for genuine tickets and/or the best place to watch the game in Liverpool I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks! YNWA

2. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

You could try the Ticket Exchange thread on these boards nearer the time. Never use touts.

Britbill and darkvoid like this.
  3. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Wish you goodluck with it

Britbill likes this.
  4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

You could always not wear our kit, disguise as a neutral fan and get the home tickets. By then the stadium should be half empty since they be playing for survival.... :-)

Britbill and SBYM like this.
  5. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

If it's a once in a decade thing, have a look at the third party sellers you find online. You will get absolutely fleeced (like I did when I used them) but you have to weigh up the cost versus a guaranteed ticket.

My mate and I used one once to see a CL game in Rome, we didn't want to miss out since we were travelling all the way from OZ, didn't realise that we could have walked up on the day and paid one-tenth of the price (obviously not an option in this case). My point is, the third party sellers work fine, you'll just pay through the nose. Manure at OT though...could be the experience of a lifetime...

Britbill likes this.
  6. Britbill

Britbill TIA New Signing

Thanks!

Do you mind telling me which site you bought from (over PM) if not allowed. So many horror stories for every 3rd party site I see.

If I don't end up getting tickets for the away end, do scalpers sell home tickets outside the stadium on the day? If so, anyone know roughly how much they ask for?

Right now all I know is the only ticket I'm not willing to buy is hospitality....£400+....Q&A with a Utd legend...pffft...and gotta hide in plain site..

7. fieldener

fieldener New Member

The only ones more eager to go to the event than you and your son, are the two teams, one of them must redeem itself to the fans, since a tie is as hated as a loss in the world of football.

8. Hei

Hei New Member

Hi fellow Liverpool Fans,
    I am a Singaporean fan here, made a mistake by purchasing match tickets for the West Ham game in Dec. I purchased two Isla Gladstone hospitality tickets for the West Ham game on the 11th of Dec, thinking it was the 10th of Dec. I will be in Liverpool on the 10th but on another flight to Iceland on the 11th. They shifted the match dates from the initial dates set at the start of the season. Can anyone take it off my hands? Willing to deliver anywhere in Singapore or by mail to England. Willing to offer 50% discount on the GBP174 tickets. Please help.
    Regards
    Hechuan Hei
    +65 83380111