Mario Balotelli (CF) Sampdoria/Milan/China/Anyone

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by i_still_miss_fowler, Jun 12, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Mario Balotelli leave ?

1. Yes

73.4%
  2. No

12.0%
  3. On the fence

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_still_miss_fowler

i_still_miss_fowler Well-Known Member Moderator

Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero has admitted that the club are interested in signing Mario Balotelli, insisting the striker could relaunch his career there.

And Ferrero believes the striker would be able to play without pressure at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris, but says he would have to take a big pay cut in order to join the Genoa club.

"Balotelli is a great player," Ferrero told reporters. "At Sampdoria he would have the opportunity to relaunch his career in a city where he would have less pressure.

"I like him so much, but I heard he earns €10m-a-year at Liverpool, while here he would have to settle for €1m."

Sampdoria have been linked with a move for former player Antonio Cassano, and the club chief addressed those rumours too.

“I am putting money aside to get him!

“We need another two signings and then the squad will be complete. We are trying to build a strong team."

EDIT

The "likes" below are form a very different post from a different thread. I have tidied up the rumour mill moving posts, and had to use an old post of mine to start a thread (that pre-dated the comments)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    kwala, Kopstar, redbj and 3 others like this.
  2. Keeno

Keeno TIA New Signing

Did Balo bring quality to the bench last season? What makes you think that the lame, disinterested, sloppy Mario of last season is suddenly going to become a hungry, driven, skillful player this season?

And how on earth it Mario's WEEKLY wage of £110k not a high wage?

3. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I thought his wages were around £80k a week?

schmee likes this.
  4. Keeno

Keeno TIA New Signing

Ings is being compared to Balo here. Every positive comparison in Ings favour is valid. Heart, work rate, scoring ability, positioning and passion.

Price has nothing to do with it.

Balo was 14m and is a big bag of dog shit.
    Ings is free and ticked all the boxes on his debut season on the PL.

D'realdeal and KillerBeeLFC like this.
  5. leopoldfrank

leopoldfrank TIA Reserve Team

You're entitled to your opinion. I'd still take him over Balotelli any day of the week, that's all I'm saying.

6. teto_pp

teto_pp Active Member

The fact that you think Balo is, "a big bag of dog shit." speaks volumes of how clueless you are.

The fact that he has had one bad season in very crappy liverpool team doesn't mean he is "a big bag of dog shit". We just had one of the worst season in the last couple of years.

Ings has had one good season for Burnley and looks a copy of Borini. A good season in a crappy Burnley team doesn't suddenly make him a certain succes for us.

kipland007 and Wyld@Heart like this.
  7. leopoldfrank

Should I troll? Yes, I will.

The fact you rate Balo as more than "a big bag of dog shit" speaks volumes of how clueless you are.

In the one bad season in "very crappy liverpool team" Balotelli was the most "crappy". He was so "crappy", in fact ,that the Oxford Dictionary people got in touch to see if they could get a picture of poor old Balo to put under the word "crappy" - that's how "crappy" he was.

8. Keeno

Keeno TIA New Signing

So was Balo clearly attempting to be the best he can be? It really doesn't matter if you have been a decent player in the past, you are only as good as you're last season. The prick is finished at Liverpool... Everyone knows it. And he is on 110k a week FFS.

Every player starts off at a lesser club before they potentially get picked up by big clubs and Ings is no different. Comparing him to Borini is pointless

9. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Don't think anyone is claiming he'll be a certain success. In fact, I think we won't see much of him, unless cataclysmic injuries strike or he proves the doubters like yourself wrong and forces his way into the side on a weekly basis. He was brought in as a rotation player, someone to do the job in the League Cups, support Benteke while Sturridge is still down (or will be down again), get the occasional cameo here and there, etc.

On the subject of "one good season" though, should be noted that last year wasn't a blip in Balotelli's form. Scored 14 the year prior for Milan, in a league that's a step below the Premiership, and in his career before that, his high was 13 for City in 11-12. Primarily it's single digit goal tallies, eclipsed by more than one manager regretting bringing him in. Big bag of dog shit is indeed harsh - I'd go with lazy, bought into his own hype, disinterested, and somewhat clueless as to how to make the most of his ability myself. The fact that Sampdoria are the only club in Europe to show even the remotest sniff of interest in him speaks volumes. (And even that was months ago)

10. leopoldfrank

Personally, I don't see him as disinterested or lazy... not at all... I just think he doesn't have the right mindset for the position... he seems a bit thick in terms of football but I don't think he's thick... he is just of a unique more up and down mindset which makes him a much more interesting human being than most footballers but unfortunately makes him not as great a footballer... that's just an opinion based on masses of press bullshit... so... I'm uninformed... but that's how it seems to me...

11. KillerBeeLFC

KillerBeeLFC TIA Reserve Team

Its not just laziness, intelligence plays a massive part, or lack of. If he at least showed some effort on the pitch or he made an effort to improve his play id be willing to give him another chance but my patience with him is gone and I want him gone. Ill put this vid in again to just remind everyone how intelligent the guy is.

12. teto_pp

teto_pp Active Member

So scoring 14 goals for Milan is sign of a bad season? The fact that he has scored that amount of goals and only 24 years old is a good thing in my books.

Well I hope Rodgers does give Ings a chance, because he is not known for his squad rotation as we all know. He may be cast to the phantom zone like many other players under Rodgers.

13. SupaLFC96

SupaLFC96 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was down to just how many players we bought. Teams have done that. Bought a number of players and succeeded. Namely that Chelsea team that started the buying of league titles. We simply had no goals in the team. The team was rudderless and you have to ask yourself who allowed us to sign only Balotelli as our main striker. Then couple that with the fact we signed a lot of inexperienced players, 4 of them 22 or younger or with relative little PL experience, Lovren 1 season etc.
    Its not quite the same this time, Benteke, is proven, so is Firmino, Milner and Clyne. Markedly more experience. Its on Rodgers to fit them in, these are not youth players

14. SupaLFC96

Liverpool was crappy because of deficiencies in Balotelli's position. Where we had to put a 5'6" Sterling to play up there instead of him. We were sorry last season. A big part of that was Balotelli, Lambert, Borini and Sturridge's absence. Not the other way around

15. duke09hms

duke09hms Member

To be fair, I've always found that 1 goal in 16 PL games stat to be unfair. Wasn't he brought on as a sub a fair number of times? I'd be interested in his goals per minute stat for last year and see how that compares to our other players.

16. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Balotelli is likely finished here and I have no quarrel with that.We knew his rep. when he came,I hoped that Rodgers knew what he was doing and might get the best out of him,because he can play,but never seems to be arsed.
    That clearly didn't work,so we need to move on.
    Danny Ings is a punt,but he looks to have a good work ethic and he knows where the goals are.To me he is a better option than Balo turned out to be so we see what happens.With the inevitable(hope not) injuries we still look a bit thin,but with Origi,who has a lot to learn yet,we may get through the season OK.Another option if Balo goes wouldn't go astray though.
    I suppose Borini still thinks he has a role too,he hasn't.

17. teto_pp

teto_pp Active Member

So only the attack was crappy? Oh boy and here I thought conceding 48 goals was bad. I guess Mignolet was excellent all season got that one wrong as well. Plus our leaky midfield was all Balo's fault. I think you are right he only played 16 games but he is responsible for our horrible season.

18. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

How's about 2 goals in 17 EPL appearances in 2015 , would that still be horrible?

It's not his fault really, it was just the manager didn't play to his strength. Once in a better system he showed that he can score more than 1 goal every 2 games.

Talking about Benteke under Lambert last season btw. Sound horribly familiar, isn't it?

19. KillerBeeLFC

And what strengths are you referring to? We should of won more pens?
    Benteke didnt have coutinho, gerrard and co playing the ball to him. And he didnt have an attacking manager setting the team up. Also was that after an injury that kept him out for nearly half a year? Benteke has a 1 in 2 ratio playing for aston villa in the prenier league. Balotelli has far less than 1 in 2 ratio and his goals are propped up by playing in italy and by pens. Mario has no excuses and I dont know why people are making them for him.

costared likes this.
  20. SupaLFC96

You keep on with this misguided line of argument. Deficiencies, in the FORWARD POSITION!!!! Which includes Balotelli! Do you not understand what that mean? The entire position was deficient. The whole season, even when we went on the long run of good defensive performances.

21. teto_pp

teto_pp Active Member

I just don't like people saying Balo was this big useles piece of crap. He had a bad season but not really given a chance. I would like to keep him in the squad one more season and see if he can win is way back into the team given a fair chance.

I don't trust Ings and Origi to lead the line in case Benteke gets injured for a few weeks. Balo could play bit parts role and he has the quality to do so.

Unless we get a 15m or more offer for him I don't see the urgency to get rid of him.

gingerbread and Jawaril like this.
  22. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

I commend your support for Balotelli, it is good that we support players that wear our shirt.

I am sorry though I can't agree with you. Throughout my time following Liverpool players that gave a 100% always were
    respected more than those who had bundles of skill and never put in the effort.

Michael Robinson was not the greatest of players but he always gave his best and was loved at the club.
    Eric Meijer is a perfect example, not good enough as a player but totally committed to the team and he
    became a hero, Alan Waddle also fell into that bracket

Stan Collymore was extremely gifted but did not have the career at Liverpool that he ought to have had.
    He gave the impression at times that he didn't care and wasn't trying (since we have learnt that he was ill at the time)

If Balotelli put in a shift and put the team first then people would be more minded to say, hey bad first year but he
    gave his all...........Can you say that.....Mmmm........I can't.

It is for that reason that I think we should let him go and get the best fee we can.

rupzzz and KillerBeeLFC like this.
  23. gingerbread

Deficiencies in forward positions? Borini, Lambert, Sterling, Balotelli? You means the forward lines that each scored double figures in 2013/14 with a total 52 goals (not even counting Sturridge)?

Did Milan, Soton, Sunderland all have better midfield than us? Or all 4 of them happened to turn to shitty player in the same season?

24. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

I'll come and and say it.

Ballotelli did put a shift in in a few games, he did, I'd be interested to see the stats, but I distinctly remember thinking he was starting to put the effort in just before he disappeared off the face off the earth.

Doesn't change the fact that he was not good enough last year, absolutely no where near.

But if I can wipe the slate for Brendan after his disgusting antics last year ( and they were, self preservation and petty point scoring, time shouldn't hide that FACT) I can certainly wipe the slate clean for ballotelli.

RedLaw, Dane, Dave-D and 13 others like this.
  25. KillerBeeLFC

The reason brendan is getting another year as far as i can see is that the owners knew theyd fucked him over last year with the transfer committee shit leaving the team short of quality. This year I think brendan has more control hence why we are seeing players HE wants. I presume a meeting happened where brendan has said, its my head on the chopping block if we fail so I want more control. If he has another poor season he will be gone. The one thing I dont doubt about rodgers is he will try his hardest to succeed, the same cannot be said for mario.

26. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

I dont doubt that he's ambitious enough to want to succeed.. But I have to be convinced that he's good enough to succeed.
    I think a lot of what your say about him and transfers is supposition. I prefer to see a manager do well with the players he has, not the ones he wishes he had. For all I know, he did chose everyone last season. And for that reason, he showed more of his limitations than his skills. But I'll wait and see this season. All I can do as a fan is wait, wish, hope… I aint gonna shift clubs.

Jah_Pool and MarlboroMan like this.
  27. KillerBeeLFC

The glaring clue that brendan didnt want to sign certain players is the fact that he stated, in no uncertain terms, that mario will not be an LFC player then next minute mario was an LFC player. Also I remember him saying along the lines of "i can challenge if given the tools". There were more (not so) cryptic clues indicating not all was right between him and the owners.
    One thing id like to point out too is that rodgers nearly guided us to the title, whether he fell short or not we were closer than weve been in over 20 years, we could nearly touch the trophy. What has mario given us?

terry96 likes this.
  28. gingerbread

One of the best moment as Liverpool fan when he passed that ball to Arguero in 2011/12

KillerBeeLFC and starshadow like this.
  29. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

Hold on.......is this a rumour thread?

rupzzz likes this.
  30. nevermind

nevermind Do not trust Atoms they make up everything

No it's the Balotelli root of all evil, who poor Brendan had to put up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.