Mario Balotelli (CF) Sampdoria/Milan/China/Anyone

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by i_still_miss_fowler, Jun 12, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Mario Balotelli leave ?

1. Yes

73.4%
  2. No

12.0%
  3. On the fence

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Everton plot sensational swoop for Liverpool outcast Mario Balotelli - report

Everton are plotting a shock move for Liverpool outcast Mario Balotelli, according to reports.

According to Italian publication Gazzetta World, Everton are one of three English clubs interested in signing the Italian maverick.

Ronald Koeman is said to be a fan of the forward and the prospect of pairing Balotelli with Romelu Lukaku could prove too good to turn down.

The report adds that Balotelli has held talks with his agent Mino Raiola and has asked for 48 hours for him to consider his next move.

Crystal Palace, not content with raiding the Reds for Christian Benteke, are also said to be interested in a possible transfer.

And so are West Bromwich Albion, who are in the market for more firepower before the transfer window shuts on Wednesday.

Balotelli has held talks with Palermo over a possible return to Italy.

The Serie A minnows have reportedly set just short of £600,000 aside in order to land their man, but could be gazumped by the financial muscle of the Premier League trio.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...erpool-Transfer-news-Man-United-Jose-Mourinho

Liverpool striker exit: Ligue 1 club deny holding talks

Mario Balotelli's surprise move to Nice has been quashed by the club’s president.

“If I took him, people would say ‘that’s it, President Rivère has gone mad’. Except if I’d listened to the Press I’d never have gone for Claude Puel, the same for [Hatem] Ben Arfa.

“That said, just because it went well with Hatem last year it doesn’t mean we can reproduce that every year.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...sfer-news?_ga=1.5419184.2053969085.1471029863

Palermo president expresses interest in out-of-favour Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has claimed Mario Balotelli wants to join the Italian club this summer.

Zamparini has revealed he has spoken to the Liverpool star's influential agent Mino Raiola and Balotelli about the prospective deal. However, he also conceded that the Italian's eye-watering wages could prove to be a stumbling block.

"I called (agent Mino) Raiola and he passed the phone over to Balotelli," Zamparini said, according to Corriere dello Sport. "Mario immediately confessed he'd be happy to come to Palermo. We did discuss the economic situation and I explained we could not afford wages above a certain level.

"This would be an opportunity for him, but he'd need to make a sacrifice to relaunch his career on the international market, at his level."

Zamparini said that while Palermo would love to sign the forward – who has underperformed since joining Liverpool in 2014 – the Italian must be realistic with his wage demands. Zamparini confessed his club could not offer the sought of salary that Balotelli is currently on.

"We are interested, so we need Raiola to understand that Balotelli must reboot," he said of the Liverpool striker. "He needs a club like Palermo, which of course is also where he was born: it'd be an immense advantage in the long run. We are very happy to keep him for a year and get him back to being the world class striker he once was."

Meanwhile, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp previously admitted Balotelli does not feature in his long-term plans.

"I have spoken clearly to the player about that," Klopp told the Liverpool Echo. "I know we can't talk about a lot of things because one agent says 'we want to stay', and another says 'we have had 10 offers so we have to leave'. But in this case, it's obvious."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/palermo-pr...our-liverpool-striker-mario-balotelli-1578358

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. Dortmund fan

3. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

This guy still being at the club is an absolute joke.
    Whoever sanctioned the deal in the first place needs to be gone from the club.

Rodgers obviously didn't want him

inaiq and darkvoid like this.
  4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

He accepted it though, that was the season where he renegotiated his contract to have better control after taking us to the second spot. So chances are he gave the nod because he himself could not find anyone to play as striker and panicked.

5. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

I remember now, thanks. What a nightmare of a signing.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  6. Dortmund fan

24 hours end.

I wonder what Balotelli's answer to Palermo is.

7. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

I just signed for Nice! Ciao

8. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Please Nice give us some nice news today.

Looks promising doesn't it?

9. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

Well Palermo offered him £11k a week. He makes that in a day here. So he won't be going there.

C'mon Nice. Cough up and take him on. Please!

10. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Those pics in the twitter thread are from the Daily Express where they were portrayed as "Mario Balotelli asks homeless man to take pictures of his farewell meal". Note the use of "meal" and not "party" so we all get the Expresses message that Balotelli was being cruel and insensitive to the supposedly homeless guy. Also note where the pics were taken from. An upper floor of a building across the street.

So they spy on him and then besmirch his character without any evidence what soever.

The press in the UK really are the absolute pits.

11. Celtic Dragon

Yes, they are. The press in the UK have no morals whatsoever. And notice how they made a point of saying his "farewell meal" was in Manchester, as if trying to piss off Liverpool fans (the paper, not Mario)?

inaiq and Professional Grass like this.
  12. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Sorry to say this, our tabloid press is just 'gutter press', the amount of lives they have ruined in the past. No matter what Balotelli did with his footballing career, he was a decent human being with humanity.

There are many good stories where he helped so many people in trouble and homeless people There was a story, where he saw a young maybe 10/11 year old loitering around for his autograph. He told him, he should be in school and personally took him to his school in his car and handed the kid over to the school. The kid was thrilled of course riding in his car.

Tbh, honest, I have a soft spot for Balotelli because he is not a bad person, just a bit lost, I sincerely hope he gets back on track scoring goals. I think the only manager who really cared and treated Mario like a son was Maldini.

ETA: I wish he done well for LFC, he could have been such an iconic and well loved player with a bit of eccentricity mixed in. I still think deep inside we all still like him.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  13. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

The main target that summer was Sanchez but not enough work was put in to win the argument over Arsenal, the TC then wanted Griezmann believing he would complement Sturridge (they're probably right) but Griezmann wanted to remain in Spain, Rodgers wanted Bony but the club refused to pay the asking price, they went instead for Remy who then failed that mysterious medical only to be signed by Chelsea later in the same window. By the last week Rodgers' options were a 54yr old Eto'o or Balotelli, a guy he had 'categorically' said wouldn't be joining only 2 weeks earlier. The other striker on the market from what I remember was Falcao but we were never interested afaik. Just like Valdes - overpriced crocks.

14. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@Kopstar , I remember that mysterious medical on Remy, it was very strange, I don't know why, you don't think it was a smokescreen because if he had an underlying condition Chelsea would not have signed for him either. He is still playing football.

15. Celtic Dragon

I still do. I've said that before. I wanted him to succeed here and become our next superstar striker in the vein of Torres and Suarez. Unfortunately it wasn't to be and I hope he finds success wherever he ends up.

16. CraigREDMAN

CraigREDMAN Member

Actually i think he is quite a decent bloke off the pitch. Seems to get publicity a bit too much and for pretty much nothing events. Seems to have his heart in the right place. So that makes it even more of a mystery of why he is wasting his talent/career. Hope he goes asap. Wasting money/time.

17. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Lacazette was also on the committee's radar. His agent said they had turned down an approach because he wanted some sort of guarantee of having regular first team football I think. This was before the Remy deal. Had Brendan been willing to play a similar set up to the previous season, this move may have happened.

Unfortunately, i think Brendan wanting to play one up top, and bring in a big lad, pretty much narrowed our options somewhat more than we should have done.

18. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

He has no clue what he wants mate, other than going on holiday with that new chick of his and his new found money that het get from the club after a huge pay hike.

redfanman likes this.
  19. Dortmund fan

Nice president asks for Liverpool star Mario Balotelli’s phone number in middle of press conference as transfer links grow

Nice president Jean-Pierre Rivere has found a novel new way of conducting his transfer business.

He asked for the Italian’s phone number, during a post-match press conference!

‘Do you have Balotelli’s number? Call him and tell him we need a striker in Nice,’ he said after Nice’s 1-1 draw with Lille.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/29/nice-...as-transfer-links-grow-6097427/#ixzz4IpTEGbgC

Balotelli pictured having 'farewell dinner'

Although his destination is unclear, one thing for certain is that Mario Balotelli will be leaving Liverpool this summer, and the forward held what is believed to be a farewell dinner at a restaurant in the city last night.

Nice are the latest club to show their interest in the Italian striker, as are Palermo, although they can only pay him up to £11,000-a-week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...r-news-and-rumours-on-tuesday---live-updates/

[​IMG]

20. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Balotelli's Nice move nearly done after tricky negotiations
    Melissa Reddy and Loic Tanzi0

An initial meeting between the forward and the French club's senior officials was obstructive to a deal, but a follow-up proved positive as negotiations pressed on

Mario Balotelli’s Liverpool exit is in its final stages with the striker securing a season-long loan spell with Nice, but negotiations were far from straightforward, Goal understands.

The 26-year-old is due to have his medical in Monaco ahead of completing the switch to Ligue 1, with personal terms still to be thrashed out.

Given Balotelli’s contract expires next summer, the deal will signal the end of his exasperating association with the Reds.

Such a conclusion had not always been clear-cut since the Italian travelled to the south-east coast of France for talks - a development revealed by Goal.

An initial consultation following the Europa League draw last Friday, with president Jean-Pierre Rivere and senior officials, was obstructive to an agreement.

The forward gave off the impression that Nice would be lucky to acquire his talents, instead of displaying a willingness to recalibrate his career at the club. However, a follow-up meeting on Saturday morning proved more productive.

There was also a separate gathering with the coaching staff to determine their thoughts on working with Balotelli.

Manager Lucien Favre was against the signing, but his assistants suggested running the rule over the player for a season would not be much of a risk, especially as Nice require a frontman. A vote was held in the affirmative to push on with proceedings.

Common ground on Balotelli’s salary remains the only sticking point currently, with Liverpool not expected to pay any portion of it.

However, Nice are confident of settling the issue soon ahead of confirming the transfer.

Palermo and FC Sion were both also willing to take a gamble on Balotelli, but could not meet the financial implications of a move.

Meanwhile, Mamadou Sakho has rejected the opportunity to join Stoke City on loan after being open to the suggestion.

The defender is aware he will need to depart Anfield to secure regular minutes this season, while also sharpening up both physically and professionally.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/...y-done-after-tricky-negotiations?ICID=HP_BN_1

21. Dortmund fan

Favre is not stupid. He knows Balotelli is uncoachble.

Anyway, congratulations, Nice, you have a new striker! I hope you'll pay his full salary.

22. Dortmund fan

23. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

He took his car with him to Nice.

[​IMG]

redfanman, inaiq and Scott Jones like this.
  24. Nikola

Sky Italia:

Balotelli update: Sky reports he has taken his medical with Nice, who are now working out a deal with Liverpool. Nice are offering €4.5m, while Liverpool want a significant percentage of any future sale

treboeth, redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  25. Not Worthy

Not Worthy Well-Known Member

Wages off the books and some sort of fee seems like a result. I'd guessed we'd end up paying off his contract.

26. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Last chance saloon so hopefully he just sorts his game out,seems an age ago since his ridiculous style of amazing football and would love him to find that again.

redfanman and Alright Now like this.
  27. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

16 m pound and 4.5 m euro. Aquilani mark 2. Massive failure in terms of time, money and effort. So sad.
    The guys who spent 81m on Balo, Markovic, Lovren, Lallana should be shot dead, buried, dig up and shot again. I am looking at you BR and Ayre.

T.C.B likes this.
  28. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Mario was predictable though. If he was worth a raw arsed shite he would still be at City (although Pep would hardly be likely to fancy him) or playing for a top Italian side. It will be interesting how things develop for him from here in Nice.
    Markovic has been as bad in terms of making an impact at the club but at least we may recover some of the transfer fee at some stage.
    If fairness to Lovren and Lallana they are at least being used by Klopp and given the huge fees being spent on very average players the cash spent on them doesn't look that bad. I remember ARD (has he left the forum?) going on about how both would be wonderful signings and that Lallana would score 12 and create at least another 12 meaning we would not need to replace Suarez at all. Wonderful times they were.

29. Dortmund fan

Balotelli and his agent Mino Raiola. :-( The left one I hope will never play for LFC anymore and the right one I hope to never see somewhere near Dortmund.

[​IMG]

redfanman likes this.
  30. Nikola

Thing with Aquilani was that everyone knew he was a massively talented lad who never made any problems on or off the pitch (and he would have come good had Rafa stayed here, I'm sure). At least Lallana and Lovren came good to a certain extent, though - if we were buying them from Southampton now, you know they would cost us sixty million pounds combined - and I hope to see him get even better.

Balotelli, however... One of those transfers where you know everything will go wrong, yet you still harbour hopes of it coming good. In the way we take part in one title challenge every five seasons, we make one transfer like that roughly every five years (Diouf, Carroll and Balotelli in the last fifteen years - I'd count Benteke here on the account of everyone knowing he wouldn't fit but he had a decent return and we roughly broke even on him).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.