Mario Goetze (AM) Bayern Munich

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by legalalien, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

2. Genius

Genius The Somewhat Normal One

IT HAS STARTED!
    @Matt here u go

Matt likes this.
  3. Magic Feet

Magic Feet Well-Known Member

be still my beating heart...

4. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Bah, surely a hoax...

rupzzz likes this.
  5. vetle12345

vetle12345 Active Member

Would be cool, but another central attacking midfielder? Unless Klopp has plans to play him in CM shift Firmino out wide/bin Firmino/bin Lallana I don’t see how he fits in.

6. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Golden goal in Brazil.

[​IMG]

7. Dortmund fan

Liverpool target Mario Gotze in £37million summer move with Jurgen Klopp eyeing reunion

Carlo Ancelotti is set to succeed Guardiola this summer but Gotze is understood to be interested in a move as, by that point, he will have just a year left on his contract

Asked about a reunion, Gotze refused to commit his long-term future to Bayern. He said: “I’m under contract here until 2017. We will see what happens. No-one has contacted me yet.”

He scored the winning goal in Germany’s World Cup Final win over Argentina in 2014.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-target-mario-gotze-37million-7139708

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  8. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

12 months left on his contract this summer £37m, I think not. Injury record is dodgy also, however Klopp genuinely loves him, he was brought to tears about his transfer from BVB to Bayern do it could have legs , just not at the price.

9. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Precisely the type of quality we need to add to this squad. With Joyce and Bild (semi reliable at least as far as Bayern is concerned) both saying we're interested, I'll believe it to be true. Any potential deal is still miles off of course, but at least this is the profile we should target.

He hasn't been great for Bayern up till now so you could see a transfer happening. Whether he ends up here or not will probably heavily depend on how strong his relationship with Klopp is, since I'm sure all English top clubs will be in for him once he is available for a transfer. Let's pray to God/Allah/Flying Spaghetti Monster (take your pick) this one happens.

10. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

Coincidentally,that's the same price(37mp) we are willing to pay for Xhaka,according to other reports.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  11. Dortmund fan

Yep, a typical transfer rumours price.

12. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

@Dortmund fan, how strong is the connection between Goetze and Klopp? Is it strong enough for Goetze to 100% for sure want to join Klopp again rather than e.g. ManU or Arsenal?

If so, we can press the price down as for sure, BM won't want to lose him for free next summer although given that they paid nothing for him, perhaps that would be poetic justice.

13. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I think you must be thinking of Lewandowski. Bayern paid what was at the time a German record transfer fee for Gotze (something like €37 million).

No chance we'll pay £37m for him this summer if he's only got 12 months left on his contract given that he doesn't play in a position in which we have urgent need. £37m does, however, seem like its the new £20m from two years ago. In the summer of 2014 every player we were linked with would cost £20m and perhaps that will be the same this summer too but adjusted to £37m for PL inflation.

£37m is still a lot of money that only a few other clubs outside the PL can match though so if we're paying that sum I'd like to think we're spending it on the right areas. £37m for Xhaka, Stones, Barkley, Gundogan, Pjanic, Aubameyang or Neves would make more sense imo.

14. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

This is all well and good but can we have him now please?

15. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I feel that £37m carries the air of authenticity, that a nice round figure like £35m or £40m just doesn't have. If you casually threw in a .1 on the end (before the m obviously), it would be practically a done deal.

16. Kanonkop

I suspect Goetze in would mean e.g. Lallana departs. I did indeed mix up the Goetze / Lewandowski transfer fees.

17. Vidocq

Vidocq from doubter to believer

i can trust Klopp with the money

Toro likes this.
  18. brush85

brush85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, like he will be spending it.

Probably a silly link. The amount of teams he would have to refuse in order to join us, makes this quite unrealistic. But decent fodder for the press to use their time.

19. Dortmund fan

In my opinion the connection between Klopp and Götze doesn't mater (it's good, but Jürgen didn't forget HOW Götze leaved Dortmund and HOW his signature in Munich was annonced before an important final game and disturbed the squad. With a player like this no one manager can plan for sure).

Bayern is Götze's home area, even if he used to play for BVB.
    It's the same Reus said "I have family and cousins live around Dortmund, why should I live BVB when I feel happy here?"
    That means Götze will try to stay in Bayern so long as possible. Only if Angelotti doesn't want him, he will move.
    Today I read somewhere in german media that 2 men from England met Götze's agent. I don't know who that 2 men were and what they did talk about.
    It will be an interesting summer.

20. Dortmund fan

21. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

redfanman and OhYaBeauty like this.
  22. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Isn't he injured right now? Hasn't he been injured quite a fair bit? Don't we have enough injured players to occupy our doctors or are we now in the business of developing sports medicine and needing a lot of different sorts players getting themselves injured to be our lab-rat?

23. Kanonkop

He is out with a "drumroll" hamstring injury at the moment!!!! A nasty one as well as he has been out since early October and not due back until next month.

24. Dortmund fan

I read the word "hamstering" again?

Most popular in the forum was the word "outstanding", but now?

25. Vidocq

Vidocq from doubter to believer

with Klopp in charge no target sounds unrealistic to me... we can pay high fee, high wages, we have world-class manager

26. Zinedine Biscan

Hamstering is something quite different. I'm led to believe that Richard Gere is quite the fan.

27. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Why is "ferreting" simply the act of keeping ferrets, yet "hamstering" is something with perverse implications? Are people anti-mustelidae, in that they arent attractive enough?

28. brush85

brush85 Well-Known Member

But we cant do the fee and wages...What we class as high wages in our structure, the others call that run of the mill.

Dream big and all that but realistically, come on...

29. Zinedine Biscan

It's simply insecurity. Ferrets have scrupulously high standards, while hamsters are well known to be game for anything.

So I'm told.

30. LFCSandgrounder

LFCSandgrounder Member

Opens web-browser, clicks on favourite for TIA forums, as transfer window is open looks in Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk, sees a new thread for a world cup winning 'wonderkid', attempts to not get too overly excited, remembers Klopp has a good relationship with the player from Dortmund (wow we actually have Klopp as our manager!), opens the thread, reads that the player is currently out injured - with a hamstring problem no less and suddenly it seems almost believable!

I almost miss the days under Brendan where if the rumour was for anyone even half decent and not already at a mid-table premier league side you could just ignore it and get on with your day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.