Mario Goetze (AM) Bayern Munich

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by legalalien, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJLFCJake

NJLFCJake Active Member

Quoted from someone on the BVB forum... was interested what they were saying

"If you replace Munich and Carlo with Dortmund and Jürgen, you get exactly what he said 4 years ago."

2. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I think there was an element of opportunity about it, given how he seemed to be on the verge of leaving, contract was running down etc. On paper, it made a lot of sense.

However, given our surfeit of no10s, I think this falling through is an opportunity to focus on something we need more, someone capable of adding pace, penetration and goals from a wide attacking position.

3. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I wonder what Herr Klopp just texted Baby Mario

4. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

jgw_geneseo likes this.
  5. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

In before the lock, what a bastard.

Although you can understand the guy sleeping next to Ann each night. Liverpool is and seems to be a hard sell especially to European players who are maybe used to high culture.

zabbs11 likes this.
  6. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

I would have liked Götze to have joined us, but I won't lose any sleep over it.
    I'm sure Jürgen knows what he is doing and will find another alternative, whether it be someone from the youth system or a purchase.

jabu likes this.
  7. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

This still open, then?

So, if not him, then who?

8. Makati Red

I still think this may change direction but we would have to be in it for the long haul, it all depends on Bayern now.

The bottom line is unless there is an injury to Muller he gets no game time and less opportunities with Bayerns new signings. Dont see Ancelloti changing the tactics much

So maybe when he gets back after the Euros and realises that its up for him at Bayern he might change his mind. The problem with this approach is Klopp wants all his business and planning for next season done before the Euros and would he forgive him after having the knife stuck in his heart for a second time.

Livvy likes this.
  9. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Gotze was always a luxury bonus, not a desperate need. Not sure if there will be a second choice in this instance.

10. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

At least he didn't leave us hanging until deadline day. Onward upward, next target, really not bothered by this to be honest....

11. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

I have no problem with this news. None. There are big question marks over his current ability (he appears to have gone backwards in development terms) and physique. Are we looking at a hungry player? I don't think so. He's been advised to move on by several German domestic movers and shakers and he's chosen to stay and with no promise of regular team football in the offing. His career seems to have stalled and he appears to be okay with that.

Rather have players here who actually want to be here and relish a new challenge under the supervision of one Jurgen Klopp.

Next.

12. costared

costared TIA Reserve Team

I was not to sure about this one anyhow. Going to have to get a lot more fit and rekindle his lost enthusiasm.

13. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Not too bothered about this one.

Seems to be Germany's answer to Sterling.

Dortmund fan, Livvy and jabu like this.
  14. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Far from convinced this is over. Coutinho said something similar days before joining us. Gotze only has a year left on his contract, Ancelotti said he should move so Bayern will really be pushing for him to leave. Not saying he'll automatically come here mind, I expect losing the final might have put an end to that but I don't think we should close this topic just yet.

15. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

He is so far down the bench that even with muller not starting does not guarantee him a start. As I said in my previous posts, he is a bit of a diva and there were problems at the club but I think firing his agent has gone a long way in mending those bridges. He never really wanted to leave Germany to be honest...

16. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

If the objective is to force BM to accept a lower valuation for him now (as opposed to zero in 12 months time) then this is exactly the sort of statement he should be making.

It wasn't a done deal last week and it isn't a dead deal now.

Time will tell whether he a) leaving BM, b) joining us or BvB or someone else entirely.

lawwife likes this.
  17. Zinedine Biscan

It's possible I guess, but the fee being mooted didn't seem unreasonable as it was, and in fact the message seemed to be that BM were more than happy to let him leave.

18. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Thing is, the fee is only as reported in the Press...who likely have no real info anyway. We don't know what is / isn't going on behind the scenes.

Maybe all is still on track...or maybe we were told last week that he didn't want to join. I.E. Today's announcement by Goetze means nothing really without full knowledge of the surrounding context. It's just speculation.

19. kipland007

kipland007 TIA Youth Team Valued Member

(1) This isn't over as he still has one year left on his contract. I highly doubt Bayern will want to keep him unless he signs a new deal so until then it is all about playing the political game. I'm sure this will be a long drawn out saga, and while I'm not saying we are certain to sign him I think we still have a pretty good chance.

(2) I'm not sure why so many people are willing to dismiss him because he hasn't instantly jumped at the opportunity to join us. It's a big decision for him and his family. If he wants to wait until the Euros and then see where his options are, I have no problem with that. I'm sure if he was the premadonna that he was being made out as, Klopp wouldn't have much interest in him. Hope that we can end up signing him, but if not then I mainly hope we have more targets lined up.

20. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

The Götze transfer from Dortmund definitely was very similar to Sterling's to City, but I think Dortmund fans were even more angry than Liverpool fans.

Coutinho isn't an Italian fellah whose family lived in Milan, and whose childhood club was Internazionale.
    Götze is a guy who grew up near Munich, sleeping in Bayern bed sheets and dreaming of playing for Bayern his whole life. He also earns €12m a year, has a girlfriend who makes her model career in the glamour city Munich and his brother lives with him. He can't go to another German club where he could still be close to Family and friends, because Dortmund is the only club to afford his wages, but the fans hate him there. And Bayern is his dream club anyway.

21. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

I can only conclude that he never really wanted to come to Anfield in the first place. Not signing for LFC may prove to be a good decision but opting to stay at Bayern Munich almost certainly won't!

Perhaps now the club will focus their attention on significantly stengthening central midfield and the back four where it is desperately needed. That would be my preference.

He may yet change his mind if Bayern Munich strengthen their resolve to offload him this summer.

22. Zinedine Biscan

Fair points. Just as it was premature to talk about him signing imminently, it's premature now to talk as though it's definitely over. For all we know Ancelotti will touch down in Munich next month and sling him out on his ear.

23. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Not at all disappointed by this. For me it was always way down on the list of priorities and should only have been considered if it didn't affect our business in the really crucial positions.

1dragon, jabu and Fester like this.
  24. Makati Red

Your right its not about the size of the fee but about how much of the fee Mario can extract from Bayern for himself. Put in simple terms would Bayern prefer to get 10m or nothing and give Goetze 7m

Alternatively he has just decided to sit and join Dortmund for free next season on a massive signing on fee which means he is made for life. there is a huge difference from earning 10m a year before tax than banking 16m in one hit

25. syyeung

syyeung Member

I think that's mainly because we received an above market transfer fee.

26. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

Listen guys, Götze just really wants to make it in Munich, because every factor he considers advises him that. Living near family, friends, girlfriend, playing for your boyhood dream club, earning a lot of money, playing in Germany and speaking the language, he loves the city Munich, his brother who is his best friend lives with him, a lot of his Germany colleagues play there as well, he wins titles and trophies, he earns a lot of money and he develops his own brand with an own logo, which also works best in the German money-capital city Munich.
    The factor he doesn't consider is football. Playing it, getting better, being a main man of your team and not on the bench.
    Everybody has different priorities.

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  27. Makati Red

If I was in his position I would do exactly what he is doing and if Bayern really wanted me out id make them pay for it. However if Bayern publicly make it clear that he is no longer welcome at Dortmund and pay him off then he will go. Do Bayern want to keep a player who is clearly not wanted at the club

28. Barnestormer

Barnestormer Left wing.

Great now we can go after Denis Praet!

jabu and SoftGerman like this.
  29. gingerbread

gingerbread TIA Squad Member

Really like Gotze other than his injuries record. But we need player with hunger who want to prove himself and revive his career in a new club. (and yes, I don't believe all of those "dreamed all my life to play for Liverpool" interview)

What Goetze has been showing however, is he considering everything but Bayern will be a step down for him. And that is not good. A disaster waiting to happen in fact. I haven't seen a player who has that "step-down" mentality ever successful anywhere

30. Ningles

Ningles TIA New Signing

yeah, much like many of the people on here, I agree that I never wanted him anyway. Luxury target that is probably overrated not to mention a mercenary.

I most certain have not been scrawling 'Götze' and 'Liverpool' in hearts all over my desk.

Equally, I have definitely not spent time researching how to get an umlaut on my keyboard to be as accurate as possible when typing "Götze" this season.

Anyway: if this turn out to be a smokescreen and he comes, I just want to be the first to say how crucial a signing he is, and I'm glad to see that he was made a priority over other arguably weaker areas in the squad.

Werder4life, Kopstar and SoftGerman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.