Mario Goetze (AM) Bayern Munich

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by legalalien, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

It seems like you want a diva for a boy group not a football player for a serious club.

2. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

There are quite a few on here that think a CDM is not necessary. And that Klopp will not buy one.

I am with you. I think we will benefit greatly from one.

3. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Something seems amiss here.

Bayern are normally quite well known to be careful with their money. Are Bayern really going to let him run down his contract?

Buying a 20 year old for 37 million Euros and letting him go for free aged 24? That would be a disaster and embarrassment for the club.

Right now they can recover 25 million Euros so im not sure Bayern will be happy to keep him as a sub for 1 year for 25 million Euros. I suspect they are going to push for a sale to someone.

fernandowho likes this.
  4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

But if he doesn't want to leave Bayern, then they just agree a new contract with him.

5. Dortmund fan

In fact that's great news for Liverpool.

Götze is not Suarez (even not Firmino) and not strong and fit anymore.

We will have a squad of not very expensive players next year, down to the earths and ready to work hard.

Let the guy stay in Munich, drink bavarian beer and get more and more fat during his gf wastes his money in designer shops and photo salons in the city.

:-)

jabu likes this.
  6. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

If he wants to be in Munich there's no point in him coming here. Nothing to see here folks, please move along ....... !

Dortmund fan likes this.
  7. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

No reason to lock this yet.

- it's still a transfer that's gathered a lot of chatter
    - as others have said, a player saying they are committed to their club just before being moved on is not unusual
    - I still think that this is him angling for a payoff/making it clear Bayern need to sweeten him out of the club.

Kanonkop and redfanman like this.
  8. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if theyve offered him one. I think one of the major sticking points for Bayern is that he would be on wages similar to Lewandowski, Robben and Muller, as he is now ,even though hes down the pecking order.

How keen are they to give him a fresh big money 4 year contract based on a fairly average 3 years so far?

9. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

If you want Hakan Calhanoglu, then just write it. Poor lad hasn't moved for far too long and people actually start to like him again.

10. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Well, I for one am bored of this and shall make this my last post in this thread.

Just wake me up before you go, Gotze.

**pauses only to fetch coat**

Maria and redfanman like this.
  11. SoftGerman

Well, they said to Götze: "Extend your contract or go."
    Götze answerred: "No."

That is a good one, sorry for laughing about my own stupid joke lol
    lol

Eintrachtfan likes this.
  12. Dortmund fan

His agent was under pressure, Bayern bosses wanted him motivates Götze to move to another club because Rummenigge's plan was to get money for Götze (similar to Kroos' situation 1 year before contract end).

Götze said "bye bye" to the agent.

13. redfanman

Not sure if it is an act on his part. However, at 20m its not a large amount of money and its not a position which urgently needs replacing, so the club can park the money without it affecting other deals and if things change over the summer, can sign him later.

14. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

Rumours today that Gotze has fired his agent and is looking to stay at Bayern and make an impression under Ancelotti.

This one may be dead in the water.

15. redfanman

They haven't offered him a contract yet as far as I am aware (from media stories). However, If he is true to his word and wants to stay at Bayern, then he will be willing to take a paycut. So then, if it is more embarrassing for them to lose him on a free, they have the option of giving him a new contract.

If he doesn't accept a paycut or they dont want to give him a new deal, then they can afford to lose him on a free,

Bayern are a wealthy club and have benefitted from bringing in players on free transfers (or at great prices), or used players such as lahm for a very long time.

16. Werder4life

Werder4life Well-Known Member

Well, I like him tbf but don't think he would fit very well into a Klopp side either. Notwithstanding his remarkable set piece ability , he's weak at pressing and defending from the top. A bit like Özil in that regard , so there might be somebody else with decent delivery from dead balls who's not as fragile.

17. SoftGerman

Calhanoglu is in some way a player like Mario Basler. (You as a Bremen fan and me as a Kaiserslautern fan know him very well.) Doesn't move his ass on the pitch, looks totally bored all the time, but then if there is a free-kick to take, he is brillant, and if there is a journalist with a microphone, then they both say a lot of idiotic stuff.

Livvy likes this.
  18. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

If it is true that he has said he is staying at Bayern Munich then I am pleased. A bullet dodged.

He may be a great player but all this he needs to be loved.........fuck off on 100k + per week you can all hate my guts, I'll get over it standing at the Nasties counting in my 100 k in bluey's thinking of the blert that wants to be loved..........FFS

19. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

I think he still arrives and this is all just part of a game being played.

20. Dortmund fan

Liverpool transfer target Mario Gotze hints at Bayern stay - but splits from long-time agent

“I look forward to the new season in Munich,” Gotze is quoted as saying. “I’ll do everything to be in top shape during Ancelotti’s first training.”

Bild also report that Gotze, who has just one year remaining on his current contract at the Allianz Arena, has split from his representatives, Sport Total.

The Cologne-based company issued a statement saying: “Sport Total and Mario Gotze end their six-year collaboration by mutual agreement. This is the result of a conversation between SportsTotal CEO Volker Struth and the 23-year-old striker. “

Struth added: “After extensive deliberations and discussions in the past few weeks, we have come together to decide that we terminate the co-operation. We met for a joint discussion and parted by mutual consent. I thank him for his many years of trust and wish him well for the future. “

Gotze said: “I thank SportsTotal for a very good co-operation with many highlights and great memories that have shaped my career decisively.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...iverpool-transfer-target-mario-gotze-11373589

21. AnfieldCat

AnfieldCat TIA Squad Member

lol Its not that at all, I am saying I think I got caught up more in how the transfer would have made us look to others when really I should just trust Jurgen's judgement on players.

I do like a good boy band though.........

22. SoftGerman

lol

Whatever you do tonight, for your own sake please don't write a comment like this or even worse on Götze's facebook page, it can get expensive. And than his wife pays her new shoes from your money, what an irony that would be lol

Eintrachtfan and redfanman like this.
  23. Dortmund fan

Are they married? Really?

24. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Well you should know you seem to be obsessed with his personal life.

LaurazRed, Prolix and Kopstar like this.
  25. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

The only reason for the games would be money

Nah not for me sorry

26. SoftGerman

I expected you to know :celebrating:
    If she, like you say, wants his money, then she definitely wants to marry him:well done:

27. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Must admit I wanted him here,but I'm well over it now,if he wants to stay in Germany that is fine.
    We move on,do we know for sure that Klopp was ever in for him anyway?

28. TP12

TP12 New Member

Still hope we manage to get this one over the line. Think it would be a signal of intent and might give other teams a reason to fear us before a ball has been kicked next season, which isn't a bad thing. Don't think we should be taking Bild's headline as gospel.

Not saying it's not true, but reading some pretty personal criticisms over a player because of a tabloid headline.

29. Danny_

Danny_ Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's trying to walk out on them on a Bosnam

30. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Let's all stop speculating regarding his domestic arrangements. We sometimes forget that footballers are human beings, and when they are deciding on a move it's absolutely right that they consider what their partners want as well. I wouldn't be able to take a new job in a new country without my girlfriend and kids being on board with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.