Martin Škrtel (CB) to Besiktas

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Skrtel, meanwhile, will become one of the first high-profile casualties of Liverpool’s summer shake-up by ending his eight-year association with Liverpool.

The Slovakia international has informed Klopp that he is ready to leave Anfield and is considering an offer from Turkish club Besiktas.

Skrtel, 31, has struggled for regular opportunities this year and told friends this week that he has accepted his departure is inevitable.

His agent, Mithat Halis, confirmed: “Skrtel is considering a move to Turkey and he is open to the option of playing here.

“Fenerbahce made an offer last season, Besiktas want Skrtel and make no secret of this. Turkish sides have been trying to sign him for five seasons but this summer he could make the move.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...news-jurgen-klopp-identifies-leicester-citys/

redfanman likes this.
  2. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Good luck to him if/when he departs. He might have fallen short ability wise but he was always fully committed to Liverpool, gave his best, never did anything wrong and behaved like a true professional.

Libero, 104TOSH, redbj and 9 others like this.
  3. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Mascot will be devastated.

4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I think Nik's curse only works on incoming transfer's right lol?

Nikola likes this.
  5. rab

rab Well-Known Member

Couple years later than it should of been. Can't believe at one point there was talk of him going to Man City for £25m but whilst he's not been the rock we need he has been a model pro.

Good luck to him wherever he goes, think it's the best option for both parties.

104TOSH, redbj and redfanman like this.
  6. Brock34

Brock34 TIA Squad Member

James Pearce now reporting Skrtel is looking increasingly likely to sign a five year extension.....

redfanman likes this.
  7. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Klopp quoted as saying: "I was all set to allow Martin to leave, and then at around 11am on Sunday morning, I suddenly changed my mind, and realised I should instead build my defence around him."

8. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Well, he isn't the youngest player anymore. Happy to have a job for the next 5 years in a holiday country.

9. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

10. SirBillShankly

It fills you with confidence doesn't it when Klopp states that he builds his sides from the back and the first thing he does is offload Skrtel.

Moreno next please Jurgen.

104TOSH, a0001matt and T.C.B like this.
  11. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

to be fair to him, that was probably when we defended deeper and had a more solid midfield to protect the defence. Also, given their other defensive signings, city would probably still think that it would have been a bargain....

12. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

The GK is the last line of defence......well we can dream can't we? I wish that JK could be a little more ruthless and just go up to Mignolet and say: 'Sorry, mein junge, but you're simply not good enough for the Premiership'

13. SirBillShankly

He is good enough for the EPL, he is a decent 'keeper in many areas , he's just not up to being our Numero Uno.

104TOSH and redfanman like this.
  14. BeautifulGame

BeautifulGame Active Member

How much do the Turkish clubs usually as transfer fees . Hopefully we can atleast recuperate atleast around £8-10 mil .They do usually pay high wages ,so hopefully we don't need to pay him off any wage difference.

With his years of experience in PL , surely a couple of bottom half teams will come in for him as well .

15. OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty Mamadou Sakho Fan Club Chairman

That's a somewhat damning indictment of his ability the past five years. Turkish clubs don't exactly sign the stars from England, do they?

16. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

Probably my favourite player at present along with Lucas but it's clear his time at Liverpool is up. Hopefully it's a sign that JK has told all those with no future here to find themselves another club asap and not hang around causing upheaval.
    Some of the shit Skrtel got lately reminded me of the Riise situation, fucking embarrassing tbh.

17. Zinedine Biscan

Moral high horse - really? After some of the stuff you've been posting about (notably but not restricted to) Can and Henderson?

18. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

If this doesn't happen, i am going to create an online petition to ban @Nikola from rumour mill. :unhappy:;-):tongue:

redfanman likes this.
  19. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

Good move for both sides.

20. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

Not really. I make no secret of the fact I don't rate Can and tbh I can't remember saying anything about Henderson other than I think he's average.
    I've seen/heard Skrtel getting dogs abuse not just on here but on other forums that is totally out of order for a bloke who's given everything for this club for nearly a decade, stuff far more vitriolic than anything I've said.

21. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

He's been a good servant to the club, but time is now to move on for both sides. He still has a few years left in a league like Turkey. He was never a world beater, but he still did pretty well and I wish him the best

22. Zinedine Biscan

Just a few recents (all within the last week):

"No, he needs to be recognised for what he is... a fucking bog-standard player."

"He's average at best but constantly lauded by the fanbase as being some sort of fucking God. Why? Because he's young and good looking? Contributes fuck all going forward and a liability in our own half. Feel free to call me a cunt, I don't care, I'm sick of these turds letting us down."

"I've watched him for 18 months now and all I've seen is rank mediocrity, creatively bereft and a liability defensively."

Personally think you can say what you like... it's just a bit rich to carry on like that about players you don't like, and then have a go at other posters for doing the same about players you like.

23. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

You seemed to think that you have all the rights to abuse Can because you don't rate him, while nobody should abuse the players you rate...... you must be someone special to the club then, I assume.

redfanman likes this.
  24. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

Like I said there's a difference between what I've said and what I've seen written about Skrtel. Not just on here. I'd say 'turd' was the strongest term I'd used but I've seen Skrtel called a lot worse which is why I compared it to the Riise abuse sprayed on the wall at Melwood.

25. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Tbf though he is only bang average. I generally don't like slagging off players but skrtel is a fucking liability in defence and had been for quite a few years. Has poor positional sense and I won't even go on to much about the pulling and dragging he does. Yes he has done well at times but our defence is better with him not in it, he's a high earner and there's no point having someone on his wage sitting on the bench so yeah thanks for all you've done and Good luck in Turkey

26. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I wish the bloke all the best, to be honest I felt he has been an issue in our backline for some seasons but he has had some outstanding games for us.

All the best.

27. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Well fuck me, you don't like slagging off players - heaven help the poor cunt that you do like to slag off !!!!

The guy has played in excess of 300 games for us..................Have a word with yourself, he deserves some respect for what he has done for the club. He is presently the most experienced Liverpool player we have on our playing staff and you slag him off as though he is a bum

Unreal just unreal

28. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I've been here before. I won't believe this until it's done.

redfanman likes this.
  29. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

OK Oldie do you see him as a liability or not? Yes he is our most experienced player at the club and fair do's for that but if we are serious about wanting to push on and improve then it's players like skrtel we have to shift.

30. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Good move for all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.