Martin Škrtel (CB) to Besiktas

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Skrtel shouldn't get his friend to manage his social media, his fault, should know better, not buying that, "it wasn't me, it was my mate", a bit like Lescott posting himself in his flashy car on twitter, after Aston Villa got relegated and saying it was my mobile accidently in back pocket.

I doubt Klopp would care what a player says about him, he will show the player the door regardless, if he is not up to the high standard. Klopp has a thick skin, he knows not every player is going to get on well with him or buy into his coaching.

It would have been nice left in a good way, rather that irresponsible rant.

2. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

"Tell me who are your friends, and I will tell you who you are"

3. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

Just general Slavic language stuff. A guy that Sktrel knew personally from his (early-playing) Trencin stuff tweeted him that "Trencin-is-boss" "you-are-boss" etc and then ended-it with a hashtag, with a bit of a very-cued "Klopp is being a bit of a dick (with you). Yes?" Skrtel then responded with the more Slavic attitude (aka the pretty eastern european) shrug-of-the-shoulders) stuff of "Posledny" ...which just means "the (or that) last". It certainly is not ever shouting-off of the rooftops that "The last hashtag is TOP!"- like in the AnfieldCat screenshot above. Posledny is just last (or else the last) in almost any slavic or else any Cyrillic language. Russian stuff too. There is no added meaning, to it. No laden content either.

It's just very difficult to judge any humour (or any irony or even sarcasm) from text alone, without multiple smilies or whatever. Slavic is very simple and if you want to dilute stuff you add a diminutive to the noun and if you want to strengthen stuff you pronounce it a bit more, with another additive addition. None of that stuff on show here.

From the AnfieldCat (photoprint aka screenshot), it then states that Skrtel's friend then asks " I hope that Klopp does not see this ;-)" and then Skrtel is supposed to have replied (in translation) that "I hope that he does". That is absolutely not what is said at all here. That is just complete and utter BS ... and it's completely fabricated.

His 'friend" just says that "I hope you will leave soon (aka to unwed or just to divorce ...as it just means to "divorce from'), then" and then Skrtel sort-of says " I hope so too" aka that he hopes that he will leave soon. Just a very normal employer-employee dysfunction interaction. It's a very non-committal interchange really. Not any cue internet rage and disgust and "How could he say that!!" stuff

I see nothing at all overly wrong with this on-line interchange ...aka Skrtel maybe being asked if he feels Klopp is being a little bit of a dick (in maybe keeping him guessing and in not rating him so much anymore) and in then being asked if it's now the right time to leave and he then says yes.

Skrtel is certainly not calling Klopp a kokot (aka cock) to his face here. Just the interpretation angle here. You ask almost anyone (in any form of normal and regular employment) if their manager is being a "bit of a dick" towards them (at some point or other), if they are getting less selection for the better roles/jobs. I can almost guarantee you that about 90% would say yes, informally anyway. You can often maybe do anything you want - but if your own manager does not rate you, it's not likely to change anything here. Then your mate suggests that would you like to get out-of-this ...and then you say yes.

That's the basic conversation here ...except it's not in the Pub - but it's online stuff ...and it's then very badly translated -and in a very over-the-top-way too. I see nothing wrong with Skrtel wanting to leave LFC (which he will surely do, this summer) and I see nothing wrong with Skrtel not 100% agreeing with Klopp either here, regarding his value to our team.

Skrtel has played well-enough for LFC for about 8 years by now. Not always great, but not always crap either. Somewhere in the middle. Maybe Klopp has not fully communicated his situation, or his view of it (to him) in the last 6 months or-so. Maybe Skrtel hoped for better etc. That stuff always happens though. Just like any girlfriend-boyfriend stuff can break-up at any time. Maybe one wants it more than the other, or one wants it less.

This is a fuss about nothing!

4. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

That's wrong, Skrtel says "Posledny # je top" which means The last hashtag is top. And the last hashtag is KloppJeKKT.

lfc.eddie and Kopstar like this.
  5. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Klopp isn't a dickhead. He is the first Liverpool manager to get that Skrtel is a really, really shit defender.

Livvy and darkvoid like this.
  6. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid Valued Member

To be fair, when we bought him, Skertel was a good defender. Not great, but good. And he lined up well alongside Agger.

But eight years down the line amid a succession of managererial changes, he's lost what little skill he had, never found that same chemistry with any other central defensive partner, and now cannot defend for toffee.

7. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Thanks for this, mate, that's what I was feeling, although I have no idea about Slovakian.

By the way, don't tell me that besides all your other qualifications, talking all kinds of Slavic languages is another one? If yes, I'm honestly stunned! :shocked:

Maybe you should just tell us what you can't do, the list might be shorter... ;-)

Kanonkop, redfanman and Kopstar like this.
  8. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Just give the lad a break. Most people on here (all?) have said something that they later regret or should.

The comments were ill-advised but hardly earth-shattering!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  9. i_still_miss_fowler

i_still_miss_fowler Well-Known Member Moderator

Pete we can debate the idiosyncrasies of Slavic and that there is nothing wrong in what he wrote......but fact is within 24 hours he is apologizing and saying it was someone else that wrote it, and dont blame him, he does not feel that way....... So despite knowing nothing about Slavic language the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it was unprofessional and probably insulting.

If we take it from your perspective, a friend asking if Klopp is being a bit of a dick. But with Skrtel replying yes with lots of smiley faces ...... well to be honest on Skrtels part it looks both dumb and he is agreeing.....not good enough for any Liverpool player, especially one who has been here 8 years.

As for Skrtel excuse with a friend "managing" his social media profiles. I call bollocks

Instagram 188 posts
    Twitter 80 tweets

I could just about believe it for someone that was highly active, but he was sporadic at best. He is not some 70 year old grandmother that needs help with technology.

spizfromoz likes this.
  10. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

footballers seem very accident prone
    for 'social media' read 'banana skin'
    they always seem to slip over one when there's one around.

redfanman and Fester like this.
  11. Kaliberbeats

Kaliberbeats Well-Known Member

And where on his instagram page is the post calling Klopp a dickhead? It's not. That's from a very clearly labelled FAN PAGE. All I see is him apologising for "what was written in my name" not for anything he actually said. Sorry Skrtel haters, you need to take your semis elsewhere to enjoy them.

redfanman likes this.
  12. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Write a short post maybe

Maria, Red Armada, lfc.eddie and 2 others like this.
  13. StevenAlonso

StevenAlonso Member

I remember couple of years back he was linked with Real Madrid & PSG for 25 million pounds..Time is a great leveler..

14. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

We rejected 20m from city the summer after Kenny and Clarke had us playing very much to his strengths. Pretty much downhill since.

redfanman likes this.
  15. Kaliberbeats

Kaliberbeats Well-Known Member

I wouldn't judge a single defender during Bodgers spell in charge. EVERYONE other than Sturridge and Suarez looked poor under him, especially the defense.

16. cardiffpete

Most English (I'm from Liverpool myself) think that learning any foreign language is either 1) Not necessary or else 2) Too difficult.

Then (if you do trust the experts) you might think that learning a new language (like Russian) would require about 2~3 years of a constant non-stop slog. Russian and most Slavic stuff has noun declentions etc with up-to 144 possible word-endings depending on male/female/neuter (and/or plural stuff). But that is not so difficult really. Try explaining to any non-English speaker how cough-bough-lough-tough should be spoken. English is very easy to learn, but it has no logic at all.

From my teens, I always wanted to travel (and no selfies at tourist spots stuff) but just full-on self-independence.#1 is to then interact with everybody. At age 16, I then walked every day from Anfield to Liverpool Central Library for 3 weeks and they had a Russian section (a big one too) there at 1st floor. Just hit Cyrillic for a complete day then (with it's 33 letters). 8 are the same as western stuff. Another 8 are also pronounced exactly the same, but completely different and non-familiar letters aka P=R, R=G etc. Only 3 new sounds including the (bi) strange stuff or else the shsh things. The number one rule in any (new) language learning is apparently supposed to be all about 1) Taking it very slowly and 2) Always take the easiest option to start-off with. Why? Anyone can learn Cyrillic in just one-day here. It's not hard. Even written versus printed characters, which is very different.

Liverpool library also had 4 russian newspapers here (to read) aka Pravda, Novosti, the Israeli stuff of Sputnik and the very satirical comic mag in Krokodil. About 4 russian-speakers were serially always and all present too ...so endless practising possibilities here. For me here - about 0.25% of UK spoke any Russian (so some serious job and career stuff possible here). Far bigger was the chance to maybe travel in about 50 countries ...and to just talk always with locals then. I think that about 60% of any travel experience is always about who you meet aka the people that you meet along the way.

Got to Central and South America and you 100% must speak Spanish. My Spanish is just half-adequate though, but it's still OK to travel alone with, in areas with no english speakers at all. Go to central Africa and you then 100% must speak French. Again and the very same as Spanish, and I just do not like French at all ..but I'm also semi-OK here. The added benefit from some French proficiency though is to then hit (say) Romania. Very much of written Romanian is very understandable with some decent French knowledge. Spoken Romanian has nothing at all to do with anything french-based (as it's far more Slav cq Italian based stressing of words etc) ...but you can understand most of Romanian (written) if you do know French already. And Romanian girls are very good-looking ;-).

Even in Asia and large parts of Khmai (Cambodia) and while they do use a sanskrit language there, Khmer uses about 30% of French words too aka "Il plouay" means that it's raining. Different accent and pronunciation, but also very close too (with lateral thinking). Much of the Slavic stuff is also very loose too. Slovak or Bulgarian is maybe only directly 30% similar to base-Russian ...but if you use lateral-thinking, then you can easily understand about 80% ...and 80% is all I ever want. Same with German plus English and Dutch. All three of these languages (speaking to you here HIYH ...haha ;-) ...as someone who (I know) knows all 3 of these languages) and for sure they all have some major differences, but also some very striking similarities too. That's just language stuff though. That does not lead to understanding anything here of some very radically different cultures.

To me and to conquer any new language - you must be able to "think" in that language too. Not to speak the language, but to be able to also think in it too. That's the only goal. The very fast way to do that (aka not 3 years, but maybe 3 weeks at max) is to only speak in the local language when in that country. I never, ever use any word of english (ever) in any foreign country. I will point a lot though ;-) It's like cold-turkey, to survive with no english at all ..but you can do it. it just forces you to 100% concentrate though. Your first week might be baby-speak and very inadequate ...but 3 weeks later and you can do converstaions. Another week-in and you can then talk OK.

People always convey their emotions almost exclusively in their own language. You then must 100% both think and speak to them in their own language (and to understand these languages) to "get" that stuff. Most of the Slav languages do appear very different (but also Romanian to French) etc. But same do Dutch and German for let's say the word happy aka gelukkig versus glücklich. That just looks completely different here (on paper). But ...speak it out-loud and it's suddenly very close in actual pronunciation-stuff. Then surround it with about another 8 other words (in both languages) and no misunderstanding is then possible. You might call it lateral thinking ...but if you gain one language you can also very fast gain the next one too.

My first ever day in Tokyo and I only speak Japanese, from the very first second-onwards. Zero preparation too (and no exposure at all). English is everywhere and nowhere (in any pronunciation rules) ...but Japanese is very low-level and very even. Written stuff tooks months and months to half-master, but spoken stuff was dead easy here. Forget about making an ass of yourself about 50 times a day aka who cares (all first week). 2nd week and you can then make an ass of yourself about 40 times etc. The big key here is to never just fall into the trap of to keep repeating some very simple phrases. Just listen, listen and then speak a little bit ...and do not ever speak in any english type-of-way to make your sentences.

You absolutely must go the local way instead. Think like a local and also speak like a local too. English uses a lot of "I am going to the Supermarket" here ..but in Russian you do not need to say "I am" as the declension has already has identified that ...so you just say "Go super" instead aka "idu pa super". Here, English does not use declensions ..so in English you just over-use the "to be" state over-and-over again.

Again (and in English here), and in the Skrtel stuff above ...if Skrtel calls Klopp a "dick" unqualified, then that's 100% rude in English ...but only because English just uses language softeners so much - to then tone-stuff down or to qualify meaning. A little-bit-of-a-dick (as I have translated above) is not stated (but it is implied). English uses presumably, "I think that", really, obviously, maybe, al itle bit etc ...and all of the time. You do not do this and you are then seen as 100% rude or obnoxious or whatever etc English just does not ever allow you to use just-say-it-stuff. You have to always qualify almost anything you say. Most (even) European languages do not have that subtle approach that English always has. Most other languages are just far more direct, but that directness is not confused with a rigid insult-type interpretation here. In English you have "let's do this". In most of Europe, that's a fixed agreement, in English it translates to often either a no or else just a maybe ...haha

Which gets me back to just always trying to "think in" another language. I just love both Hongkong and Berlin too myself. Both cities also have some wonderful people. Local people too. Then I'm very often bemused whenever I recommend both ciites to some friends (male or female - and often more females here) and they then tell me what a terrible time they had there. Both cities inhabitants were almost always rude or brusk with them (at best) ....and they never liked it. But they just never "got" the culture or the local mindset.

In Berlin (and HKG too) prices are very cheap (comparatively anyway), but you must always decide stuff fast. You order fast, you eat fast, you make fast decisions. Then everything works. You go very slow, you ponder and (thus) hold everyone else up and you just do not "get" the local culture. Then they do not like you ...and you will not like them etc.You just have to go fast here, make your decisions fast, approach a girl fast etc,etc. No wasting time. No being too polite about anything

Same with Russians and they seriously do not like outsiders (and they usually cannot relate to them) ...so, just do not be an outsider! Haha.

Chinese is also ultra-simple as well. Twitter here has a 140-character limit, while the Chinese stuff (of Weibo) has the same limit ...but you can say about 5 times as much in 140 Chinese characters compared to English. But, Chinese is just a non-stop stream of characters. So how to then know when one multi-word ends and the next one begins. Just basic pattern-recognition stuff and logical sequences here. So much simpler than English too. Here the tonal language aspect also affects stuff. No need ever for any yes/no confirmation stuff. Just the verb alone is OK. No usage at all of the very English non-stop 'to be" constructions, to state states.

I just love all-of the very different languages myself. They give some amazing insights into the personalities of peoples and cultures and they also open up endless possibilities of interacting with locals all-around the globe. I always just speak the local language from day-one too, except maybe a 3-day in-and-out business trip in a new environment. It just opens you up an awful lot to some new experiences. If you just force them to speak English with you, you lose about 90% of the true cultural emotion-based stuff. It's just so difficult to "think" in another language here, let alone convey your true emotions. Most people can't do that aka to show real emotion in a 2nd or 3rd language.That's really tough, as you must just "think" in that language too. I do think that I can "think" in about 8 languages by now. That's no goal though and it's not even any achievement either. Anybody can do it. Even babies do it. Just tell yourself to do it. Most of that is just to open-up to falling-down all-day-long (first-off) and then get up next day and do it again ..and then the good stuff suddenly happens -and very fast.

My German probably sucks an awful lot (and you probably know that too ;-) ...but who cares, right?). If it still gets me the girl (which it has) or else a good aka better-than-average travel experience .. then that's all I ever want. A 100-hours spent gaining a new-and-exciting language to a fairly-decent level? Versus maybe a 100 hours being flushed down the toilet in playing a video game? Choices, choices ...hmm. One I can use. One that has no extended use.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  17. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

@cardiffpete I get the feeling that, despite the 1000s of words you write here, the TIA community hardly scratches the surface in terms of an understanding of your life experiences etc, which seems like a shame.

On Skrtle, he's been a servant of LFC for 8.5 years so I'm happy to cut him some slack here and also show him some respect as a player of some distinction who's moving on with his career.

RedSeven likes this.
  18. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

The HK thing about fast, fast, fast is certainly true and one of the things I like about it. The only thing not so fast there is immigration on arrival at HKG (in the foreigner line).

cardiffpete and redfanman like this.
  19. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Skrtel is taking up geography, culture and language courses now? Fucking hell....

As for Chinese language, they do use punctuation. Not sure how won't know where a long multi word ends when there are punctuation to separate it. One wonder.

redfanman likes this.
  20. cardiffpete

There is no spacing used between any words in basic written Putonghua (not in any Weibo cq twitter stuff). Most Weibo users (business or otherwise) almost never use any spacing at all. Punctuation is irrelevant here. Why waste up-to 10 characters on just basic noise here? OK, you do see the little "O" sometimes on Weibo, but it's infrequent. Weibo also absolutely rocks your-basic Twitter here, as you can say 5x more in the very same space-provided ;-) A huge business driver too atm ...and business-users just love the extra space ! Same-same but very different too.

Khmer is ultra-easy too. Despite it's 50 character (all-full of almost unrecognisable loops and Sanskrit back-swirls). The very big advantage to Khmai though is no tonal usage stuff at all (unlike in base Thai, Lao or Myanmar). No usage of any "the", "a", "an" particles etc. No usage of any future (or past) stuff either. No verb differences aka go-goes-going-will go . Just one word to work with always ...and forever:-)

You want any future stuff, just add "neung". Any past stuff, then just "hee-ay" added. Want a cold beer, then just reverse the English order to instead just say it the French way here ... of the other way around stuff of beer-cold (only do say in actual Khmai though and it's very chop-chop style of speaking). No need for any I want (or I would like) stuff either ...just saying "Beer-cold" is very OK here. Or China and "Wo yau" (aka I want) ...is also just so easy to say only "Yau" here. Instead of "Wo yau chu ke" aka the formal stuff of "I want to go to ...) ...just say "Yau ge" or just ge chu (or chu juh and nobody will ever think that you are being rude - in any way. Or else the very common Hongkong stuff of "Qing zo! Qing zo!" ...which just means to "Sit!". It's not any command here. It just means that you can sit now. They say in HKG "Sit, sit!" very very fast. Then then move on and past you. Most tourists are just appalled here at the high-level of rudeness ...but it's only ever efficiency only here

A bit like Behasa (Indo or else Malay) and the "Saya mau ....bla" stuff. Or kopi-dingin haha (like with the German Joachim Low quote of yesterday of "Italia hanyalah kopi dingin". Very back-to-front stuff here.That is also very easy to grasp as well (bar the more formalized politeness-based bits of the Indo stuff). Apart from cewek nakal (which always works out very OK for me - in a very fun way haha ..for me anyway ;-) in or Medan or wherever (not in Banda though!)). People do get shocked a little (in Indo anyway) if you do use the more familiar vernacular stuff ...but it's a100% way to break any barriers and to always get the girl stuff. Always gotta be different haha.

I almost never use (or try any) Behasa though. Too small of a language to ever try to learn (mau menyalam etc and haha here).

redfanman likes this.
  21. Urban Achiever

Urban Achiever Well-Known Member

I really like MS actually..... not good enough anymore, but no one can question his attitude and he's given us many great moments.

This, though...... this you can't talk your way out of.... it's just really, really stupid.

Anyways, I forgive him.... but he'll never play for Klopp again that's 100% Behind that friendly smile there's a real tough MF'er.

22. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Don't cry too much, there is no drama.

23. cardiffpete

I just love it when eating at any local HKG restaurant (non-tourist stuff haha). They will just toss you a single glance, then almost order you to sit aka sometimes by using the mandarin-stuff of "Qing zo!, Qing zo!" ..or else the Canto equivalent (that I simply refuse to understand, as it has just so many tones ;-) ) Canto stuff and I will just never go there.

Canto is so just so difficult for me (and still a huge step too far here!) ...even though I do go to HKG and about 6x every year for about the last quarter-century. Fully 9 tones used just always bewilders me though.

I always recommend HKG to friends as any side-stop (to Aus etc). Usually they just give it 3~4 days though, which is a very small touristy allocation for a small break of a trip. Most of my friends then almost always find HKG just so incredibly rude though.

I just love HKG myself. I simply love the frentic, non-stop, fast-fast pace of life there. Even your waitresses and they have no time to be ultra-polite to you (in any type-of fake USA-style way). It's just 'Sit, sit", then their next question is always "What you want?!". No time to think about any stuff. You come-in, you point (or speak) and 2 minutes later you get your food and 10 minutes later you are finished and someone else arrives. Even the gulping down of your food appeals to me - and your just almost shovelling it into your mouth with your chopsticks (kuai-zi). Native HKG people anyway. It's just so very fast.

In the West, people often plan a whole night around a single meal. OK, in polite HKG circles that does also happen ...but mostly it's just a crazy 10-minute eat-stop. Why ever waste time here though ..as just so much that you can do otherwise? A very small place ..but you can also do so much too. To me the priority is always active-stuff versus passive stuff. Just always to instantly move-on, to another experience. That's why HKG always suits me -as it's an almost perfect fit here. You get no time at-all to just be lazy. Most people do seem to think that your work should be fast-paced ...but your leisure time should then be slow-paced. I do not agree with that at all though. Your leisure-stuff should always have a far-higher priority and be far more intensive than work stuff. Otherwise you maybe only live to work ;-)

I agree with you on HKG immigration (although I use the priority lane, which I get with 3x visits per-year ..so that is always ultra-fast stuff aka one-ahead at most). Then I just hit the right-most exit, take the lift to ground-level, take the S1, then the Tung Chung MRT to Lai King and the same platform stop to TST. About 35 mins max. Airport docking to TST is then maybe 1 hr max (no hold-luggage carried). The introduction of Heathrow style snake queues at HKG (for regular tourists) is pretty slow-moving though. Still, just about 30 mins at max.

HKG however does not ever stamp your passport anymore though, just a little printed chit given out. That really does help me out - as very many times I've had to get a new 10-year passport about every 2~3~4 years, as I just keep running out-of-pages. ;-)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    redfanman and Kanonkop like this.
  24. Urban Achiever

Urban Achiever Well-Known Member

Cry?? Dafuq?

25. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Yeah. So the intricacies of Weibo and the delights of eating dinner in a Hong Kong restaurant have the grand total of nothing to do with the player in question or his potential transfer, so Pete can you point your keyboard elsewhere for a bit?

Speckydodge, lfc.eddie and darkvoid like this.
  26. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Seriously Pete do you realise how long it takes to scroll past one off your posts?

I think this one may have actually damaged my finger.:unhappy:
    Hope you're proud of yourself

redfanman likes this.
  27. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Damn it.....You go and ask him question about his post and added some finger damage subject in there, wait for another essay about how not to use your fingers to scroll.... :-(

Can we keep it about Skrtel now?

28. cardiffpete

Somebody (on twitter) probably very deliberately misquoted an innocent Skrtel remark. Which then brings up the whole language-to-language translation stuff angle. Which is not easy at all (see Suarez versus Evra here). Many major misunderstandings possible

Basic character-assassination (of Skrtel here) on a very flawed translation (100% inaccurate too). Some follow-up stuff allowed or not?

Side-on related to Skrtel ...as some twitter troll just decided to hang Sktrel out-to-dry, for nothing here (with a very-biased non-translation) to support that stuff. If some posters do want to explore a side-angle then, OK (or not)? Language should be correctly translated, if it is ever translated.

Klopp (for LFC) is also very much about language stuff, as we now have a foreign manager, with a very different cultural and linguistic base. Klopp for sure speaks some very impressive English...but a lot of his base (of thinking and speaking and acting) is very German too. Crossing the language divide here.

LFC is only scratching the surface here atm. Many angles to having a foreign manager. One is him understanding us. Another is us understanding him. Much of that is very much language-based too. Language always gives a major insight into psyche here. Language always shapes conscious thought. Can you even think without having a language to think in? I doubt it.

Klopp also has to think in a 2nd language for us. That does require quite a bit of serious practise. It's very difficult to "think in" another language, which is the way that Klopp has chosen to go (with us). Can LFC marry the French-stuff of Lovren-Sakho, to the Brazil / Spanish stuff of Cou, Firmino, Lucas -Joao, Moreno, Chiri, etc to the English stuff on the field here, with a German manager too?

Fairly interesting stuff ...to me.

Livvy likes this.
  29. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Pete, you are wrong. Not even Skrtel is defending himself with the "mistranslated angle". I showed the tweet to one of my best friends for whom Slovakian is her native language and, without giving her any context, she verified the interpretation of the exchange that everyone else other than you has accepted.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  30. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Was it Melissa Reddy?;-)

legalalien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.