Mohamed Salah (RW/LW) AS Roma

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 31, 2017.

?

What will Salah be leaning on?

1. A wall

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. A rack of boots

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Alby Moreno

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. The 'This is Anfield' sign

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Klopp's manly embrace

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. A bit of Melwood

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  7. A desk with a dummy contract on it

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. A suitcase full of cash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. A flight back to Rome, dejected and alone.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. That bar that Del Boy fell through.

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

VvDs price gone up like 200% after he was out for four months

FGred and redfanman like this.
  2. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

hey if El Shaarawy can come back and still play top level with a similar injury. Besides, Mane is a little tank and it was his meniscus not a ligament...

FGred and redbj like this.
  3. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

VVD's price was reported to have gone up, but since Soton isn't selling or offering for sale at a price then it's a moot point

The only time you'll really see a hard price set on a player is a release clause, anything else can change at the drop of a hat.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  4. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Cuadrado is another player i would have liked to go after. He has tricky feet and he goes right at defenders, the type of stuff we need. What he did or didn't do in a part time role getting screwed over at Chelsea is irrelevant. Ditto with Salah.

5. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

In a world where Soton have the balls to (reportedly) ask for as much as 75M for VVD 40M, for Salah is very reasonable and worth the price when he ticks so many boxes for us. If we were selling Mane or Gini we'd probably come close to doubling our money on them.

Don't give a shit if Serie A is "slower" when we're getting him to get past defenders who aren't moving at all and are planted at the top of the box. His pace and directed will be a huge asset to us, in a Mane sort of way, and he is left footed, something we really lack.

Limiescouse likes this.
  6. Hoosier Red Fan

Hoosier Red Fan New Member

Salah will provide pace, trickery and goals. Albeit just a summer friendly, he ran riot in St. Louis last year, and I'm sure sparked interest from us at that time. Even if Serie A is a slower league (which would help inflate his goals/assists numbers), this doesn't mean he can't excel in the Premier League, his short time at Chelsea aside. His skill set excels in a side set up to score goals. It only makes sense that he wouldn't have the same success in a defensive team set up such as Chelsea had under Mourinho. Measuring his projected output under Klopp by that yardstick is like comparing apples to oranges.

7. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

One point I will make, and it now appears there may actually be a deal, he isn't really being chased by any other club. Just us at this stage, and so far the entire month, we've been negotiating.
    That worries me, but then again, Klopp, knows, what he wants, and hopefully, Salah is someone, he actually wants.
    Anyway, a variety of reports, with differing values, so anywhere, between 35 and 40 million pounds. See what happens on Tuesday, the day of the supposed medical.

8. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Looks like Salah is a done deal for £39m. He will undergo a physical to complete the deal. Exciting times!

Scott Jones likes this.
  9. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Source? Latest information in the twitter thread (from the most reliable guy there) states we're offering 30m, they want 35m and no deal has been struck. This makes a lot of sense to me given that no reliable enligsh journo is reporting anything about an agreed fee.

10. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

So, we'll effectvely have a Nissan GT-R down our left and a Suburu Impreza down our right.2 pocket rockets.

I can't wait for next season, it's gonna be fun!:-)

SBYM, redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  11. Bambii

Bambii TIA Reserve Team

Not sure why people think it's easier for the goals and assists in series a than the prem. it may be a slower league but they are also a lot more defensive. You'll see in the premier league there is a lot more space to exploit which you do not get in the premier league. Put players like Cou with him , have Mane dragging them out on the other side too and no reason he can't get similar statistics or better.

steveee, Esoteric and Red Armada like this.
  12. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

The Metro is running the story, based upon reports from Kingfut:
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/18/moham...-tuesday-after-roma-accepted-39m-bid-6716491/

No idea if Kingfut is a reliable source.
    http://www.kingfut.com/2017/06/18/exclusive-liverpool-agree-deal-for-salah-player-set-for-medical/

redfanman and MikeOscar like this.
  13. Hazem

Hazem New Member

For many of you who didn't see Salah after leaving Chelsea to fiorntena
    This video is specially for you , this is the best video ever for this 6 month period , and still missing some of his goals and assists
    When I find video for the two years with roma , I will post them
    But surely will be more than one hour

redfanman likes this.
  14. SoftGerman

SoftGerman Well-Known Member

Kingfut says deals is agreed and Salah will take medical on Tuesday. Fee is €45m. Also say Salah cancelled a trip to his home town and already booked a flight.
    Di Marzio is saying Roma want €40m and nothing has been agreed yet.
    French press says we want Lemar. While English journos say we want the Ox, and Portuguese talk about an offer for Martins.

redfanman likes this.
  15. AussieLFC79

AussieLFC79 TIA Regular

In other words, no-one knows what the fuck is going on. I like this tactic, as it means no other clubs have a clue who we are arfter, so it limits the chances of us being dragged into a bidding war

treboeth and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  16. Hazem

Hazem New Member

17. Hazem

Hazem New Member

18. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

It has been said that his Medical may happen on Tuesday. Can't we do it like tomorrow?

Alright Now and FGred like this.
  19. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Right,i feel dizzy now.:indifferent:

treboeth, Alright Now and Bonus like this.
  20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Stop spinning on your chair lad.

21. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Aparrently his mates are wishing him good luck at you know where, the sacred place up the M62.

LaurazRed and redfanman like this.
  22. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

I will need a medical if this "whole story" turns out as fake news... or...how it´s been called nowadays "alternative facts" ;-) It´s not healthy to read any transfer rumours at the moment.

23. -The Analyst-

-The Analyst- New Member

Seems the Salah deal in done now, and an announcement will be made on tuesday.

In the wake of the Van Dijk controversy, and all the comments about how Liverpool are being slow movers and risking transfers by nagotiating for weeks (which in my book is common sense regarding negatiations and having a healthy view on cost minimization), we seem to have signed the biggest talent in Solanke, and arguably the best player all together so far in Salah.

When you seen how fantastic Klopp has been in both Liverpool (Wijnaldum, Mane, and Matip in particular) and Dortmund regarding transfers, I dont have any doubt he will get it right this window as well.

steveee likes this.
  24. steveee

steveee TIA Reserve Team

serie A is harder to score goals.. the EPL is more open... in the Serie A they are more tactically defensive sound and organized. strikers are facing more defenders usually whereas in the EPL you have a lot more 1 v 1 opportunities. Also, strikers like Tevez and Dzeko who have played in both leagues usually say it's easier to score in the EPL.. or more challenging to score in Italy.. I don't recall a striker ever saying it's easier to score in Serie a vs the EPL.... not one

any ways, regarding Salah.. I seen someone say we shouldn't maybe spend this much as it isn't a major position of need. I disagree with that argument. imo another pacey wide forward like mane was top priority this summer especially considering we are in champs league. Without Mane in the lineup we had no one who could cover for him at all last season... also, I don't understand Steve Nicol's argument either saying we shouldn't be paying this much for a player who will be on the bench? Really... ? Salah will start his handful of matches and probably will even be starting up top in the front 3 with mane on the other side and pushing coutinho back to the middle with Hendo and Can/Gini/lallana. and besides that... are we not aiming to be one of top clubs in europe? most of the big clubs have players that cost that much on their bench.... that's one of major differences between us and the bayern's, juve's, city, barca and the madrid's of the world

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    treboeth, Mada, eythor and 7 others like this.
  25. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I've seen lots of complaints about how crap our bench is this season and Klopp's use of subs. Even if Salah does end up on the bench some of the time, isn't it better to have someone of that calibre, with pace to spare , that Klopp will actually use, to bring on and go at a tired opposition defence?*

But as you say, chances are he would be involved in a majority of games anyway in the starting line-up.

*(the answer is yes)

26. Etipafilaf

Etipafilaf "If we want, this can be a real special day."

Two things

1. I'm all for this signing because he seems like a quality player, who wants to come and doesn't have a lengthy injury history.

2. I don't understand why not playing for Jose's Chelsea would put people off. Nothing I've seen from Jose makes me think player evaluation is his strength and that's not even taking into account the different systems and different role Salah would be playing at LFC.

Alright Now and redfanman like this.
  27. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

I seem to remember that there was a strong rumour going around at the time that his purchase of Salah was a 'tactical' one, That is, he bought him mainly to stop us buying him. His sparing use of him - even as a squad player - would surely point to this.

28. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Chelsea have history of letting go quality players that couldn't get into their team.

Sturridge, Lukaku, De Bruyne spring to mind.

How much are they worth today, maybe £180-£200 million? Add Salah to that, and thats maybe £220-£240 million of talent.

29. Hazem

Hazem New Member

https://streamable.com/u646n

In this video you can see the result was 4-0 to Roma and its 73 min
    Please watch how Salah did this effort to run back to cover the defenders

30. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

If he signs for us then i will want him to be a success and if he has a slow start to life in the premier league i will be the one telling people to give him more time to adapt on this forum. I don't need to mention what he has done in the Italian league but nobody apart from myself seems to be looking at the possible negative sides to this transfer - we are talking about possible club record fees for a player from a league with atrocious export success rates . i'm juts trying to look at it in a level headed way - slower tempo league , less pressing and more time on the ball - moving to a helter skelter league where time on the ball is something you just don't get . there will be mass hysteria if his form does not transfer over to the different style of the premier league i hope it does but i'll understand if it doesn't . Some people don't appear to have that understanding or refuse to acknowledge it . I get that it dampens down the excitement of a transfer but let's not expect him to be the new john barnes just yet .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.