Moyes sa... Van Gaal sa... Mourinho appointed as new boss

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Matt, May 7, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Poor Scouser Tommy Admin

Sure this must be somewhere in another thread but it needs its own thread.

Looks like its happening.

Whose gonna replace him?

Moyes? Please let it be.

Mourinho? Would make sense and piss off Chelsea at least.

2. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Any sources other than the Daily Telegraph yet? I posted that story in the Premier League thread, but have not seen any.

3. craigbellamy

craigbellamy Swinging away, hoping to land one on a cbb idiot

Big Sam.............please let it be Big Sam.................... :wub:

schmee, Dr_J, Alex_LFC and 9 others like this.
  4. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

I want it to be Mourinho...mostly to annoy Chelsea.

Think Moyes might leave blueshite this season anyway, what more can he do with them? He's never going to get a decent wodge of cash from Kenwright. Can't see the united fans taking too kindly to Moyes as a manager with his limited amount of European experience (look at the lessons BR learnt this year)

5. Matt

Mail and Guardian reporting similar.

Apparently United players have been told to expect an announcement. And media been told too.

6. Arminius

Nah, I reckon he is holding out for the Madrid job.

Definitely some of the better sources, must have some legs...

craigbellamy likes this.
  7. TFC

TFC TIA Squad Member

I hope that they go for a very experienced manager. Someone who's has enough experience that they could manage a national team...

8. Matt

Trying to get #HodgsonforUnited trending.

9. Prolix

Prolix Well-Known Member

I for one hope that Mourinho goes to Manchester United. A few more years of success they'd probably have anyway and then he leaves another burnt-out ruin behind him when he goes.

The man is a plague upon clubs.

10. craigbellamy

craigbellamy Swinging away, hoping to land one on a cbb idiot

I have a feeling that it will be connected to a hip operation that he is having. Something along the lines of being out for first month or so of the new season...................Some daft rumour of Moyes going in as number two. Put two and two together to make five.

11. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Fucking hope it's Souness.

Ningles and grenadier like this.
  12. howhardgerrard

howhardgerrard TIA Squad Member

I have been thinking for months that he was going to go this season, even been talking to the United fans at work who all thought I was nuts. Couldn't quite put my finger on what it was that was different but he seem more more desperate for the treble than ever and more gutted that the champoins league and FA cup slipped away.

I also have been saying Moyes as his long term replacement for years but It sure could be a poisoned chalice! How does anyone match that level of success?

mattyhurst likes this.
  13. RazvanLFC

RazvanLFC http://bettinggeek.blogspot.de

You all seem so sure he`s retiring... how come?
    I`m not getting my hopes up again, no way.

Joe90 likes this.
  14. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

having a quick read of the red cafe tells me the opposition to Moyes as manager is pretty big. They want Mourinho, nothing more, nothing less.

RaoulDuke likes this.
  15. howhardgerrard

don't know, I have been waiting for something to break for ages. I knew that it would have to come from the NY stock exchange first but thought he would also use his traditional speech this weekend to say his farewells.

do you think the board would really want him? Surely they would one another legacy manager and Jose clearly doesn't fit that role.

16. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

If I had a choice of Moyes or Mourinho to come to LFC...I'd pick Mourinho and that would be even if Moyes never managed the bitters.

Mourinhos win % is stacks higher than Moyes, European experience etc. Moyes doesn't even have the "attractive football" tag as he generally likes to knock it to the big lad up front. Yeh he's not a legacy manager but as United are half sold on the stock market, they need wins to keep their brand and shareholders happy and that's what Mourinho practically guarantees you...

17. howhardgerrard

The stock market also demands stability though which Mourinho doesn't offer! He wouldn't be able to constantly chatter about leaving etc due to the stock market rules. To counter my own arguement I do wonder how long he would have stayed at Chelsea given the opportunity.

18. ChicagoRed

ChicagoRed Banned Users

Seems like he'll be there for a little bit longer just in time for Klopps contract to run out at BVB.

19. Ataturk

Ataturk ★★★★★

Moyes please.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  20. RazvanLFC

RazvanLFC http://bettinggeek.blogspot.de

But Klopp is a fan of that team, he`s got them playing some nice football and also they get the results... why woould he leave BD? : [ one of my fav managers in the game...

I hope steve bruce will be their manager.

21. Arminius

Only if you give him a whack of cash to work with, and that does not keep shareholders happy at all.

TFC likes this.
  22. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

I read somewhere recently that a senior management figure at Utd had said that they would want someone with experience of managing a substantial transfer budget and of competing at the highest level. So that's Moyes out then.

If he does go, then I think it'll be Klopp. He would fit the bill; won the German league, reached the CL final, is younger than Moyes and so could be a long-term proposition, and he seems to have the same intensity and passion that Ferguson has.

23. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I said this to my Manchester United friend after the Madrid game, both Jose's attitude post match and Fergies reaction coupled with the departure of Gill and the talk of a director role.

He dismissed this of course.... be intriguing, I would expect it to be Jose.

24. RedLaw

RedLaw JFT96

Can't help but feel this would be bitter-sweet if it happens.

On the one hand it'll obviously be great to see the back of him. On the other, knowing that we'll probably pass up the opportunity to make up some immediate ground on United will be frustrating to say the least. With Fergie out of the way it's hard not to wonder what we could achieve with Rafa back at the helm unopposed by him.

Hope in your heart and lfc.eddie like this.
  25. legalalien

Ollie Holt has Tweeted that Moyes spent yesterday "poring over transfer targets for next season". That's no guarantee of anything but does make it seem less likely that he would move to OT.

Also on Twitter, Eddie Cuthbert is reporting not only the Ferguson rumour but also a rumour that Rooney is off to Bayern. The beginning of the end for MU's dominance? But with Mourhino probably going to Chelsea, we'll probably get them dominating for the next 'kin decade!

26. legalalien

27. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Maybe I will get shot down for this but he earns my respect and football in general he has won with some great teams and won with average teams and yet all that started after 4 years at the club it wasn't instant and sadly when I read this board somedays I think maybe football lost something and that is paitence.

More I think about it, the more I think Moyes but who knows whoever takes over next has to hit the ground running or they will end up being the forgotten man, the more I think about that the less it shouts Jose to me.

Rambler and WellRedKev like this.
  28. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Steve Kean is still looking for a job.

29. Never Say Never

Never Say Never To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

30. Dodgy

Dodgy TIA Youth Team

As much as I'd love to see him retire, it feels like this story makes the round at the end of every season especially when the mancs win the league.

Now we will have to endure weeks of tribute, "will he/won't he" videos celebrating his glorious reign, thereby inflating his ego, and then he'll return to a hail of trumpets from on high.

Sadly, I think we'll have to bear this charade for the next few years.

Anyone else think he's Tywin Lannister?

rupzzz likes this.