Naby Keita (CM) Red Bull Leipzig

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, Mar 13, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I guess it's always possible they might lose the qualifier while the window is still open...

Though I think that would cup tie him for our CL games, assuming we make it ourselves.

2. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

There's Hector at Cologne, but after the way last year's pursuit went it doesnt seem that misssing out on the CL (on a side that wasnt expected to make it anyway) would be the thing that makes him available

3. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

That's possible, but I hope to god we've already got our stuff done by that stage of the window.

4. steveee

steveee TIA Reserve Team

5. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Just watched him for 55 minutes before he was subbed didnt really do much other than score a goal but Leipzig have been so much in control he didnt need to do much, what is clear from this and the Mainz game is even though he is a DM he will score goals as well

6. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

Signing Keita would be quite a coup, as he'd be the ideal player to have rotating with Lallana who will also need replacing in a couple of seasons given that he's already 28.

That said, all the top clubs will probably be looking to sign him this summer so it's a tough one...

Barcelona need to make signings in midfield to phase out Iniesta (32), Rakitic (29), and Busquets (28), so I'd be surprised if they aren't in for Keita this summer.

Likewise, Bayern need to replace Alonso (retired), and Man City and Chelsea need to add a midfielder too.

7. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

Interesting to note that Andre Wisdom is on loan at Red Bull Salzburg, RB Leipzig's sister club.

That always struck me as a rather odd loan move, but perhaps it was made with a view of sweetening relations ahead of future transfers between the RB franchises and Liverpool... Hmm

Ralf Rangnick said RB Leipzig don't want to sell their players, but realistically if top teams come calling would young players like Keita or Werner really want to stay? Leipzig are after all massively overachieving this season, and their salary structure isn't as big as you'd think.

8. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Need to quality for CL first

9. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Although if we beat Palace we're 100% there, right? So maybe we can start shopping on Monday if that goes well?

10. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

At this rate we should all just tune in on the first day of every season and transfer window and then the last day of every season and transfer window and let a computer simulation sort out the rest.

Mascot88 and redfanman like this.
  11. big noyd

big noyd Active Member

can't count on hendo to be available, and though can has been better lately, he's not the same kind of stabilizing influence

ideally you get somebody who can play in front of hendo, or next to him, or in place of him. that would seem to be keita

if he wants the move, they'll sell

i m o

12. westcoastbias79

westcoastbias79 Active Member

You rubes still watching like, actual games? Ha.

Now excuse me while I boot up this Spurs-Lazio Champions League final on FM. 1080p.

redfanman likes this.