NSW Reds

Discussion in 'Down Under' started by furns, Sep 18, 2012.

1. furns

furns New Member

Wow I leave for a few weeks and everything disappears :lol:

Just a quick note to let any liverpool supporters know that the LFC Supporters Club of NSW has a function on this sunday at Cheers, FoxSports will be in attendance presenting the doco "Being Liverpool" from 8pm (doco starts at 9pm) and also to soak up the atmosphere for the game against United at 1030pm.
    FoxSports are sending some presenters down and will have prizes and giveaways, games against United especially are always a big event, so we urge all fans to make the trip in and have a great night. Cheers will be LFC only.
    Entry is a gold coin donation - all of which will be going to HFSG and HJC.
    Please check out the facebook event http://www.facebook.com/events/230785087048663/ for more details or contact us club@lfcnsw.com

thanks

kenyaxf16 likes this.
  2. furns

furns New Member

GDay all after a long absence.
    LFC NSW is looking to grow our Official Supporters Club to other areas in NSW. However growth only occurs when people get behind it and support it.
    For our Newcastle Reds we have a confirmed event at Wests New Lambton, supporters are invited to meet from 11pm.
    For our Canberra Reds, we are putting the call out for any interested supporters to meet at King O'Malleys in Civic from 11pm.
    For our Wollongong Reds, we are putting the call out for any interested supporters to meet at Illawarra Steelers Club from 11pm.
    Dont expect a massive group at any of these meetups, the Sydney Reds started with a small group and has taken over 6 years to build to where we are now. All it takes is a few committed Reds to get things started, and promote the hell out of your sub-branch to get your local Reds to join you.
    If nothing else, head along and say GDay to a few fellow Reds and enjoy the game :-)

3. furns

furns New Member

Unfortunately due to an issue with King O'Malleys trading hours, we have had to switch the venue to the Hellenic Club in Woden. We have confirmed they willbe open until 4pm and are putting the game on the big screen for us.
    So thats a bonus :-)
    Apologies for the late change.

4. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

This isn't that blert Matt Stephens, is it? I've heard nothing but horror stories about that fella…. ;-)

5. furns

furns New Member

lol no
    I am someone completely different, although we are both on the LFC NSW committee

6. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Great video posted on the main site of those at Cheers Bar, Sydney for the game against City. Thought I'd post it in here too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd6znNqTt9k

furns likes this.
  7. furns

furns New Member

GDay all,
    LFC NSW is pleased to finally launch our revamped website and supporters club memberships for the new season. Please go to lfcnsw.com for details. Please click the membership tab for benefits and a short membership promo video.
    If you purchase an LFC NSW membership before the season begins, you will be entered into a draw to win a signed Jamie Carragher shirt thanks to JC23 Foundation and Cheers Bar.

8. furns

furns New Member

G'day all,
    With the new season underway, LFC NSW has you sorted for venues across the state of NSW & now the ACT, all lined up to watch the mighty Reds.

Check out the list of venues here http://lfcnsw.com/about/lfcnsw-venues/
    We now have official venues in Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong & Canberra.

9. furns

furns New Member

All Sydney Reds please be aware that Celtic are playing in the Scottish Cup Final at 9:15pm tonight against Inverness CT.
    Cheers WILL be busy, if you want to kick your night off early why not join the fun at Cheers from 8pm.
    Anyone who is unable to get into Cheers be advised that the game will also (always) be shown at Three Wise Monkeys two doors up. If you are unable to get in before 11pm, I would suggest coming back after the Celtic game has finished.

For our regional NSW supporters:
    Northern Reds - the match tonight will be shown at Wests Leagues Club, New Lambton due to SJ's sunday trading hours. Please see facebook.com/groups/lfcnswnorth

Illawarra Reds - the match tonight will be shown at Steelers Club
    ACT Reds - the match tonight will be shown at Civic Pub
    Please see facebook.com/groups/lfcnswsouth

10. Riehan

Riehan New Member

Hi guys,

I've just moved to Australia for a year from the UK. I'm currently living in Manly, does anybody know where I will be able to watch live matches when they start this season?

11. AussieLFC79

AussieLFC79 TIA Regular

Cheers or Star City would be the best places to start with, I know Cheers was at one point the home for Sydney supporters club, but not sure if that has changed or not. Other option would be to get in touch with the supporters club in Sydney to see where they now meet

12. Chung

Chung TIA Moderator Moderator

I'm guessing I can't use my WA membership for NSW stuff? I'm moving to Sydney in September :-)

13. furns

furns New Member

Cheers is still the meeting place for the NSW Reds supporters club - hasnt changed and god willing never will :-)

14. furns

furns New Member

GDay mate, have you made your way to sydney yet?

15. Chung

Sure have, I'm in Sydney now living up in Lindfield and working out of North Sydney

16. furns

furns New Member

GDay all,
    If you are in NSW and keen to watch the Europa League match live, please find venue listings below

YNWA

17. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Darn I thought NSW Reds ment something completely different only to be disappointed to find its just full of Australian blokes chatting about football :unhappy:

18. Chung

Hahaha that would have been NS(F)W Reds lol

19. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Ya I got all excited and read it too fast thinking may have a look in it before the mods delete it and damn now it's still here laughing in my face:unhappy:

20. furns

furns New Member

final Europa League venue listing - now with added Wollongong

21. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Wish I'd have known about this place when I was living in Ultimo in 03/04. Could never find a way to watch a match.

22. furns

furns New Member

LFC NSW is pleased to present An Evening with Steve McMahon.
    Steve is in Australia thanks to Dunbar Rovers FC and we are very appreciative that they have made Steve available to Reds supporters during the short time he is in the country.
    Steve was LFC's midfield enforcer, signed by Kenny Dalglish in 1985 to replace Graeme Souness and when he left LFC in 1991 he had made over 200 appearances, scoring 29 goals and winning 3 League titles, 2 FA Cups and 5 Charity Shields.

You can meet Steve and hear him chat about his time during one of the most successful periods in the club's history on Thursday September 8th at 80 Proof, George St, Sydney.
    Doors open at 7pm for a 730pm start. Tickets are only $20 each.
    LFC NSW is donating any profits from this event to our nominated charity for this season - Heartbeat of Football.

Full event details and tickets available here https://www.eventbri...ets-27353356626

Kopstar likes this.
  23. furns

furns New Member

This saturday night sees the Reds hosting the Bitters in the Merseyside Derby. Kickoff is 1030pm, the match is LIVE on Optus and SBS.
    These games at such a great kickoff time are a great opportunity to get along to an LFC NSW venue and watch the game with your fellow Reds.
    LFC NSW will also be collecting donations for Heartbeat of Football at selected venues, and there will be a prize draw at halftime for those who donated.
    Details of venues and prizes here https://www.lfcnsw.com/merseyside-derby-lfcnsw-venues/