One for Velvet Underground fans

Discussion in 'TV, Film, and Music' started by cynicaloldgit, Oct 24, 2016.

1. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

geebo likes this.
  2. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

wow ! thats amazing. I loved them as a student in the late 80s. "sunday morning" was the hangover some for me. I remember covering "heroin" with a band a few years ago, it was an incredible feeling singing it, as if I was really putting a spike into my veins...

Flobs likes this.
  3. VelvetsLive

VelvetsLive New Member

We're Celebrating 50 Years of The Velvet Underground catch THE VELVETS on their UK tour performing Velvet Underground classics from '67-70.

Video -

The Velvets are a gathering of UK based musicians/fans of The Velvet Underground. Four talented multi-instrumentalists joined together to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the groups’ first album release ‘The Velvet Underground and Nico’.

The two hour show sees THE VELVETS performing classic songs from 1967-1970. Through the pop splendour of ‘Sunday Morning’ and ‘Femme Fatale,’ to the darker decadence of ‘Heroin’ and ‘Venus In Furs’, the band create from a palette of VU sounds, yet add their own, unique lustre finish. Not just a tribute show but more a glorious celebration of The Velvet Underground.

Performing at Arts Club, Liverpool 27th May 2017

Many thanks,

www.thevelvetslive.co.uk

4. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

So, you perform the day after John Cale (and his own VU+Nico tribute stuff) does his one-off Liverpool show on the Waters dock ...and on the the very day-after too and in the same venue, as well. Not bad marketing that!

Your sneak-peak video does look pretty OK and competent though ;-) I'd guess that the prices would be adjusted to match here - aka 60 quid the day before (for Cale etc) and then sub 20 quid for your more loose tribute stuff.

5. VelvetsLive

VelvetsLive New Member

Thanks. Yes, Liverpool 27th - the thinking was that there may be a few Velvet Underground fans in the area following John Cales gig. We're not playing the same venue though. We're at the Arts Club and I believe tickets are £12.50. Thanks for your comments :-)

cardiffpete likes this.