Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (CF) Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Maurice, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep!

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

You are way too greedy.... I am happy with super striker in the form of Aubameyang/Mbappe and Salah. The rest are just supporting cast, the Barcelona treble team. Coutinho can be our Inesta, Can/Henderson definitely has the ability to be Busquets and Wijnaldum/Lallana has what it takes to do what Rackitic did for them. Mouthwatering indeed....

2. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Salah, VvD, Mendy, PEA.

Is it really asking that fucking much?!?!?

FGred, Semmy, Wyld@Heart and 4 others like this.
  3. GermanRed

GermanRed Member

Suarez had a little dip in form in the last 4 months or something but before that and especially when he played at Liverpool I would say he was better than any two of our current (even with Salah) attacking players combined.

So probably you could call it 'ultra-light' or something.

4. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

I generally try to stay out of transfer rumour threads because of the endless up and downs usually ending up in disappointment but.........and its a big but......if there was one player I would go all out for, balls on the table, money where our mouth is, its PEA.

5. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Shouldn't we put our money on the table and our ba.....nevermind

Prolix, Semmy, Arminius and 2 others like this.
  6. RedBaron

RedBaron Curse you RedBaron!!!!

I wish I could get excited about Salah.
    PEA however reminds me of days gone by when teams feared playing us.
    I would love to feel like that again.

Steve_LFC likes this.
  7. ShadesOfRed

ShadesOfRed TIA Youth Team

I'm not usually one to complain, but we could potentially lose our entire front 3 to the ACN if we end up with PEA and Salah. But that's a problem for another day.

8. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I guess PEA, Salah and Mendy at £135m would probably be in budget and free up coutinho and Milner as midfield options and so forget Keita.

Then either stick with Matip and Lovren as the CB or look at someone like Tah for £20ish million.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  9. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

That's why you have a squad. Between Firmino, Coutinho, Origi and Lallana we can probably cope for 4 or 5 games in 2019.

Or by then the likes of Ojo, Solanke and Woodburn might be genuine options for a starting role.

10. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Once we win the league after scoring 20 more goals in a season than anyone ever has before, we'll just buy a new front three next summer.

Sweet as bro.

redfanman, treboeth and ShadesOfRed like this.
  11. Barnesstormer

Barnesstormer New Member

Even just to be linked with players if this calibre again shows how far we've come under Klopp. I've got it firmly in the "pinch of salt" bucket at the moment-but just imagine if..............

SBYM likes this.
  12. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

As Chew mentioned -- those 4-5 games would be the time for the likes of Ojo, Solanke, Woodburn, Lallana, Origi, Firmino, and Coutinho to hold the fort.

13. Nevoo34

Nevoo34 Sleeping with the enemy

Come on @SBYM - FSG sanctioning €220m to make us better, really, can you really see this?

In all honesty though mate, those 4 would take us to the next level of our ambition, question is, do FSG share the ambition?

redfanman, RedBaron and Steve_LFC like this.
  14. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

With those 4 added. I see our first Premier league title.

SBYM and Scott Jones like this.
  15. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

So do I.

The question is...do I see those players signing..........No sad to say

16. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

This is mouthwatering stuff,get PEA and Salah and we'd be lethal ,add a decent CB and LB we are well done.
    Of course,the chances of that happening?...I'll believe it when they are at Melwood.

17. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

i'm happy to be linked to PEA but i think we're a year too early in seeking that top striker as we need the funds to strengthen the other areas that we all know. Not to say i wouldn't welcome him with open arms, though.

18. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

I think so, yes, as we're probably talking approx. GBP 150M net spend this summer. I believe that's what City spent last summer but how many other times have we seen that? can't be that many.

19. syyeung

syyeung Member

PEA basically means extra 10-15 points. If he would join us, it's a no brainer. Yes, we will concede a few if we don't strengthen our back line, but we will just out score our opponents

20. Isle

Isle Active Member

I am ALL for getting PEA, if it's even a remote possibility. Yes! Without question YES to adding a legit top striker.

I consider myself a big fan of Origi but his overall game seemed to regress as the season went on. He had that mini streak before Christmas but then went ice cold. What's worse, his decision making on the pitch and football IQ was nothing short of abhorrent. And for a guy his size (6'1/165), he sure seems to go down with relative ease. With all the injuries this side endured, he had a golden opportunity to impress and cement himself in the side, but unfortunately didn't do much with that opportunity.

I'm not giving up on Origi (he's only 22) but at this time he's also not the type of player JK can rely on.

21. RMP

RMP TIA First Team

Getting Auba is more than we can ask for upfront. I was satisfied with the Lacazette link but Auba is definitely better.

My only gripe with Auba is that he seems to prefer operating with space around him. How much would that affect our attack against the midtable teams like Southampton and Man utd.

22. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Forgetting about Grujic seems to be contagious. I think he would be first in line as back up if both Can and Hendo were out at the same time. I also doubt if Stewart will still be with us come the start of the season.

As for the All-African front line question, assuming that Sturridge is our only outgoing striker this summer that still leaves us with Firnmino, Origi, Solanke, Ings and Ojo, as well as moving Coutinho forward. So I think we've got that covered.

23. StevenAlonso

StevenAlonso Member

Would be one awesome signing..Exactly the player we need..And at this market when even a defender costs more than 60 million pounds PEA for 60-65 million pound is about right..

24. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

I don't know why people keep suggesting Grujic for the deepest midfield role. Not an expert on him but doesn't seem like he's ever played it at any level and doesn't seem to be where his strengths lie. My understanding was he's either a box to box CM or CAM so competing with Coutinho, Lallana, Wijnaldum and Ejaria. Stewart probably will still leave but he's saying he won't so can't guarantee he will.

redfanman likes this.
  25. 1dragon

1dragon TIA Regular

One question for those who follow PEA closely: How is PEA in terms of taking on defenders one on one?

The reason why I ask this is because I feel we will need more of such players if we were to unlock park-the-bus teams. We have two in Mane and Coutinho, with a potential third in Salah. If PEA can inflict half of the damage that Suarez did to the defensive teams, we stand a high chance of winning more games. The mooted fee will then be worth it.

26. MerahRed73

MerahRed73 New Member

If we can get PEA..then we will have 2 speed demons to terrorise defenders. However, we need someone else to cover for countinho as our main playmaker...The ideal player would be someone like Lemar, Ziyech or if Tielemann still available. We do not need both Salah and Mane.

27. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Good. Very good. He's basically a clone of Sturridge in the way he plays - with far more speed, and... well, obviously a far better injury history.

1dragon and redfanman like this.
  28. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

See below. 2 bird one stone

This is EXACTLY it. He is even quoted earlier in this very thread (not fact-checked, mind) that he likes space.

And if you have ever seen an EPL low block on a cold January morning, you will know how well we already fare at that.

I would love to see PEA in red. But would he solve the problem or make it....

Ahh fuck it, who gives a shit. It would be worth the £60mil to see him tear Marcus Rojo a new arsehole.

God, it would be lovely. Put a real smile on my face just thinking about it.

Maybe it doesn't happen, but it brightened my day

redfanman and Clive like this.
  29. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Salah and Mane either side of Auba would quite possibly be the fastest attack football has ever seen.

30. Craigy_Boy_92

Craigy_Boy_92 Member

Gosh i genuinely thought he had already signed for PSG. We can dream!