Piotr Zielinski (CM) Udinese

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by BeautifulGame, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeautifulGame

BeautifulGame Active Member

LIVERPOOL TO PURSUE POLAND TALENT ZIELINSKI IN THE SUMMER

By Melissa Reddy

The midfielder has been pursued by several top clubs as he continues to impress in Serie A, but the Reds want to oust the competition and get him in ahead of next season

Udinese’s Piotr Zielinski has emerged as a transfer target for Liverpool, who are keen on recruiting the Poland international in the summer, Goal can reveal.

The 21-year-old is on loan at Empoli, where he has two goals and five assists in 20 Serie A appearances. He has operated across midfield as well as being deployed behind two strikers, adopting an attacking role but also being very disciplined defensively.

Zielinski, who has reportedly been monitored by both Manchester City and Manchester United previously, has impressed the Reds with his intelligent distribution and chance creation ability. He also excels with his dead-ball delivery.

Zielinski is technically gifted and Liverpool feel his development would be accelerated at Melwood under Jurgen Klopp. The Merseysiders looked into the possibility of signing him in January, but their preference is to bring him in during the summer window.

The player, who has represented Poland at every level, was also unsure of moving mid-season while he is starting regularly at Empoli as he targets a squad place for Euro 2016.

He has been unsuccessfully pursued by Napoli, Juventus and AS Roma this month. Udinese, like Watford, are owned by the Pozzo family and they are uninterested in selling him now unless a huge offer is received.

Udinese's policy is usually not to let a player like Zielinski leave for less than €15m. In mid-season, that figure would be closer to €20m. If he performs well at Euro 2016, however, the fee could escalate.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2892...e-summer?utm_referrer=https://t.co/OamGGLFX7H

Joyce also confirming the story

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...i-Premier-League-transfer-news-gossip-rumours

2. kadronsa

kadronsa TIA Youth Team

Your thread could do with a better title. It looks so out of place from the rest of the threads in the Transfer forum...

3. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

No chance of signing him, then. Once these stories appear, the oligarch-run clubs step in and gazump us.

4. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Huh? You know something I don't?

5. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

The solution for our striker problem, is to buy a guy who has scored 2 goals in 20 games?

We could have kept Suso for that. His strike rate in Italy is better this year.

6. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Who is saying this is a solution to our striker problem?

7. Semmy

Certainly aren't in need of more #10's...

Flobs likes this.
  8. BeautifulGame

BeautifulGame Active Member

He has played all his matches in CM acc to who scored and looks a Henderson type CM from videos .Don't see it as a AM more as CM along with Grujic for DM

9. Semmy

interesting, if that's the case the Thread title is a bit misleading.

10. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

11. DEVGRU

DEVGRU Banned for the umpteenth time

I want him at the club right NOW...!!!

12. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Klopp does like his Polish players, and I'm glad that he's opening Liverpool to some less heralded countries whose football is on the up. I really don't know much about Zielinski - I watched a couple of Poland games where he played but he really didn't catch my eye, I was actually playing attention to Krychowiak (I expected Liverpool to target him). He seems pretty similar to Joe Allen, which is a bit of worry for me - for starters, players schooled in Italian football don't work well at Liverpool at all and it took Allen some three and a half seasons to get going here (second half of 2013/14 notwithstanding) after having great seasons in Championship and Premier League. He was mainly criticised for not being strong enough to consistently stand up to Fellainis and Kouyates of this league, while not creating nor scoring nearly enough. Is Zielinski that kind of player?

Internet is describing Zielinski as creative player who gets his side ticking - maybe Klopp wants to use him as the deep lying playmaker? We're not getting Gundogan, are we... :-) We've lacked such a player since Alonso and he's experimenting with Can in that role, especially when we're chasing results, but to no avail. I do wonder if a midfield setup of "a player like Zielinski - Henderson - Coutinho" would leave us looking a bit light but I'm so curious to see what Klopp has in plan for Liverpool.

FGred and lfc.eddie like this.
  13. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

The one bit that caught my eye - "He also excels with his dead-ball delivery."

That is what we've been missing since Gerrard left.

Every time we win a free kick in the final third, or a corner I actually will the players on to play it short.

Someone that can get a bit of whip and drive with the ball will be hugely beneficial to Benteke. Only so much he can do with floated balls in.

14. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I've never seen this guy kick a football before, and actually I've never even heard of him.

But let me just say that we should pay whatever it takes to get this guy. This transfer has been dragging on too long, and he will be the difference between 1st in the league and 9th in the league. Get it done! If he's worth 20m now then it could be triple that after the Euro's so I suggest a 40m offer now might get it done. Although knowing Ayre, he'll drag his feet until Chelsea and Tottenham have stolen him right from under our noses and we'll end up going for Stuart Pearce for £100m

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    DeathOrGlory, Flobs, Born_red and 3 others like this.
  15. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Finally we don't keep travelling to south of England and giving Liebhrr family bags and bags of money. They may have collected some £80m off us in the last two summer windows.

16. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Actually, some people (including the guys on the Anfield Wrap) would probably disagree with you as they dont think our #10's are best played as 10's.

starshadow likes this.
  17. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Every club should have a core of domestic players but it's different in case of England, where just a few club develop their own players. A debate done to death, though, but I hope we're on course to becoming one of those clubs who develop and keep their best young players. The rest can be bought, like Klopp said, he wants to discover and buy players who are on their way to becoming top class. Whether Zielinski belongs to that group, I don't know, but I swear I'd be excited even if he brought Tony Hibbert in!

redfanman likes this.
  18. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Came across this, decided to have a quick look as I never saw him play. Bits and pieces (you need more evidence to judge his quality/potential) but his style & stature reminds me a bit of Kovacic.

19. Klopptimism

Klopptimism Banned Users

I think he'll be seen more as an attacking option than one for the midfield 2.

20. afrikana

afrikana TIA Squad Member

Another player like Joe Allen according to the article on the main site, seriously, do we need any more of these "keep the ball moving from side to side" players.

21. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Lewandowski's both talented friends (Zielinski and Milik) from the polish national team would be great transfers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  22. Brock34

Brock34 TIA Squad Member

I say this based solely on YouTube and WhoScored scouting, but it seems he's much more aggressive and dynamic than Allen already, and he's only 21.

He has 3 goals and 4 assists at 21 in Serie A. Seems to dribble well and look for through balls. I see him more in the Milner mood, who is getting older, than Allen.

I admittedly have never watched him play a full match though.

Klopptimism likes this.
  23. afrikana

afrikana TIA Squad Member

To be fair I haven't seen him play neither so I can't make a definitive judgement on the kid, it's just the Allen comparisons that have me worried plus his age seems to indicate it's another player with potential we are getting.

Guess it depends on where Klopp intends to use him, seems to be playing at CM currently. Just hope we get a player more established in that position; think it's a big weakness at the moment.

24. Klopptimism

Klopptimism Banned Users

3G, 4A at 21 playing out of RCM on 4-3-1-2 says something much different than Joe Allen to me. I haven't watched a full game but I've watched some full game compilations and he looks much more dynamic (and certainly much taller!) than Allen. Biggest concern I would have is his slight builld...would need to gain strength in his first year.

I don't think he has the strength to play CM, part of why I think he's ticketed for an attacking role.

25. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I think a Joe Allen is not a bad option to have particularly if it's an upgraded version with a higher ceiling and more creativity. Too many of our CM's play a similar role, it could be good to have a bit of variety in there.

26. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Yes, it's almost Hendersonesque wouldnt you say :celebrating:

Chewbazza likes this.
  27. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

He doesn't look particularly slight in that video Zoran posted. Only 64kg according to Whoscored.com - I have a hard time seeing him play believing that he's 4kg lighter than Coutinho (68kg from the same source)... I wonder if he's had a growth spurt or put in some gym work since those stats were last updated?

redfanman likes this.
  28. Klopptimism

Klopptimism Banned Users

I quite would not. Zielinski can get by people with the ball.

Zielinski averages 2.7 dribbles and 1.7 key passes/90. Henderson at no point in his career has ever averaged even 1 dribble per 90 minutes and is at 1.4 key passes/90 this year playing for Klopp, half of those on long balls (which have a lower success rate).

So yeah, not similar at all. Nice try for the gotcha. Nah, actually it wasn't really.

29. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Looked much more lively in the vid in the second half. They moved him from the right to the center at half time. Looked more at home. Although I suppose it's nice he went from right attacking mid (where he got his goal) to a holding center mid. More Milneresque, wouldn't you say? (If Milner was still 21, slightly taller, and had his legs and pace back).

redfanman likes this.
  30. Klopptimism

Klopptimism Banned Users

Zielinski is also taller, and I believe it on Coutinho. Coutinho is short but powerful, part of what gives him good balance.

But for example, Marco Reus is 3 cm taller and listed at 75 kg. Lallana is 4 cm shorter and listed at 73 kg. So even if you say Zielinski has gained a couple of kg in the season so far, he still needs to get bigger and stronger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.