Piotr Zielinski (CM) Udinese

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by BeautifulGame, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

Might be, haven't followed him, but when we were heavily linked, I remember stumbling upon two Empoli games on the TV, one of them he wasn't playing and I watched <5 mins, the other he was playing, I watched 10-15 mins and it was such a boring and slow paced game, the tempo was like in a friendly and Zielinski didn't look impressive, but nor did anyone else, I just couldn't watch more than those 10-15 minutes, it was such a dull affair.

2. D Fred

D Fred Active Member

Erm... why would I have my own Serie A team of the year, buddy? Try to stop being ridiculous long enough to read the
    article below.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/0...es-the-lowdown-on-liverpools-transfer-target/

redfanman likes this.
  3. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

Because I've seen some Serie A team of the season and Zielinski was not there. Just googled and looked at 5 different sites, not only he was not in any of them, but he wasn't even in the "honorable mentions" that some of those sites have. When we were linked with Zielinski, I asked 3 people (that watch Italian football week-in-week-out) about him, two of them were "meh", one of them knew the name and nothing more. So looks like it's some journo's team of the year, I'll still put more trust in all the other's opinion than that particular journo, not sure how this guy came up with Zielinski over Pogba, Pjanic, Nainggolan, Marchisio etc.

Shankly81 likes this.
  4. D Fred

D Fred Active Member

Absolutely your prerogative, I googled it after you'd mentioned it and couldn't find said it either but it was confidently stated on this site so posted it in good faith.

5. nikz200

nikz200 Active Member

He is a decent enough player if played in the right system, from what ive seen of him he has plenty of room to become a top midfielder in the Prem but if your expecting him to come in and start dominating right away then it wont happen, I do think that his willingness to learn Klopps game would be beneficial for ud

6. bdee

bdee New Member

So why did they accept an identical offer for Napoli, but reject our offer?

7. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Probably because they know English clubs have more money. Getting £10m or so for him is probably a decent deal for Udinese if they sell domestically. But then they probably also know they can squeeze a few extra mill out of it if an English club is interested.

Could perhaps be a currency thing as well..?

8. blaze

blaze Faith.

Most likely because we played hard with them over the sale of Jerome Sinclair. They had to cough up 4 million and they want to get back at us. Watford and Udinese have the same owners. I think what they are doing is just posturing and it is unlikely that they will succeed.

9. bdee

bdee New Member

So what are the chances we actually get him, and do we really need him with Henderson, Can, Allen, Grujic, Milner and Lucas all playing CM for us?

10. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

Lucas will probably be leaving, and it looks like if we get Zielinski and Dahoud, so will Allen.

11. Celtic Dragon

Udinese are greedy bastards. They've accepted a £12m bid from Napoli, but we bid the same and they turn it down, wanting more.

12. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Maybe it has something to do with you fellas voted out of EU?

redfanman likes this.
  13. Celtic Dragon

No, it's something to do with this agreement they've made with Napoli. They're trying to price us out of a deal, because they only want to sell him to the Neopolitans. They have no wish to sell him to us, or even AC Milan who appear to have come into the frame. Napoli are the only team they want to sell him to.

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/new...s-they-have-agreement-with-napoli-over-646948

14. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

lol

15. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

My take on the article is they may well have a "promise" with Napoli but the player still has to decide. If he is Klopp's choice then I hope he decides to come here.

16. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I'd laugh if our interest in Zielinksi was only to drive the price of Sinclair up!

ILLOK and blaze like this.
  17. rab

rab Well-Known Member

Makes no sense, normally you'd see a club more inclined to sell to a club outside of their own domestic league. If it's an attempt to squeeze more money out of us then screw them.

Our only hope if Klopp really wants him is him digging his heals in and refusing the Napoli move but that could see him stuck at Udinese next year or forced out on loan again.

Perhaps time to move on from this one.

18. blaze

blaze Faith.

I laughed hard at this. I laughed for ten whole minutes until I realised the reason we are laughing is because we are so sure of Ayre's ineptitude that he couldn't have possibly thought this much.

I have tears in my eyes now. How are you doing?

redfanman likes this.
  19. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Udinese also have far less interest in keeping good relations with LFC than Napoli. Napoli and Udinese could well be dealing with each other again this summer, whereas this is basically a one-off between LFC and Udinese.

Just need to be somewhat hardnosed, pay 2-3M more, but no massive PL premium.

redfanman likes this.
  20. Celtic Dragon

But that argument doesn't hold much water mate, because if it's true about AC Milan also being interested, and they've turned them down flat as well, wouldn't there also be the possibility of them having other dealings with AC again this summer? So why ignore the Milanese interest as well as ours?

21. redfanman

There is probably a difference in the relationship they have with Napoli over Milan.

22. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

It's not just a PL premium we're having to pay it's also a tapping-up surcharge on top. Udinese really really don't want to do business with us (or at least they want us to think they don't).

I'd be more inclined to add the amount we've offered for Zielinski to our budget for Dahoud and a new LB. Forget Piotr.

redfanman likes this.
  23. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

I think this one is falling, or should fall into the category, of Move ON. We never really have much success with long drawn out negotiations.
    Really, is he worth the press, he and his agent are probably just dragging it, so he gets a better deal.
    Is he really better, than someone, like Will Hughes, or of that ilk.

24. redfanman

This is different. The player isn't an essential for the club, so LFC can simply wait it out without being under pressure to improve the offer. If the player breaks first and agrees a move to Napoli we wont have lost much. If a better player for the right price is available we can try to sign them instead now or later.

Scott Jones likes this.
  25. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 1m1 minute ago
    The situation is finally ready to move on with Zielinski accepting the increased wage proposal from Napoli. #LFC

Looks like were going to have to pay a transfer premium and increase our wage offer if Klopp wants the player

To be fair we should pay a premium for tapping the player up

26. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

This thread is a very 'meh' thread. Not because of any particular post but because of the subject. Would anyone really be fussed if this deal goes south, except maybe JK?

27. redfanman

who says we tapped him up?

28. Makati Red

Exactly no one woyld care except the man who matters the most

29. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Looks like Zielinsk is going to Napoli then. I'm not at all distressed as I felt he was just an above average prospect. Not all that exciting. Dahoud is a better prospect, but he also seems unavailable. So who does Liverpool target next?

Whatever happened to Youri Tielemans? He was touted as Europe's next wonderkid a few years back. But I heard we inquired about Praet and not Tielemans.

Scott Jones likes this.
  30. Makati Red

Its pretty common knowledge Klopp spoke to Zielinski in January without the permission of Udinese

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.