Piotr Zielinski (CM) Udinese

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by BeautifulGame, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Is it? I've not seen anywhere that it was without consent of Udinese.

Furthermore, the Pozzi's ownership model is to loan out and sell players for profit. I've seen nothing to suggest Zielinski was being developed to be used by his current club while out on loan for the last two seasons.

Had Udinese stated that he wasnt for sale, then it might be a case of tapping up. But even then most transfers happen that way, and if it is to a player that was going to be sold anyway, i cant see it being a problem.

2. LFC_nº7

LFC_nº7 Member

He's a really good player and would be a shame if we missed out on him. Much better than the likes of Henderson,Milner or Allen. If we're willing to pay over the odds for mediocre mid-table players in the Premier League,there's no excuse not to pay a couple more millions for this guy.

We're going nowhere with FSG. By the end of this window,if this keep going this way,we'll have a similar squad to the likes of Everton and West Ham, more and more far away from the top clubs. This last 6 years have slowly turned us into a mid-table club and it seems like it's not gonna change for a very long time. Time to accept that,lower expectations and fight for a Europa League place. That's the kind of club we are nowadays.

3. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Zielinski ready to accept Napoli?

Napoli might finally be able to sign Piotr Zielinski after agreeing to increase his wages, as Udinese rejected Liverpool’s offer.

Udinese made it very clear some time ago that they had a deal in place with Napoli, so were frustrated when Zielinski would not agree personal terms.

The Poland international was pushing for Liverpool instead, but Udinese were irritated that Jurgen Klopp had gone directly to the player for talks rather than going through the club.

According to La Repubblica, the situation is finally ready to move on with Zielinski accepting the increased wage proposal from Napoli.

The deal is worth €15m plus Juan Camilo Zuniga, who would then be sent on loan to Watford as Udinese’s satellite club.

Udinese are eager to strike up a transfer synergy with Napoli and Zielinski’s move would help cement that rapport.

http://www.football-italia.net/86751/zielinski-ready-accept-napoli

4. Flobs

Flobs FADA

From what I have seen he is no better than Allen.

5. LFC_nº7

LFC_nº7 Member

Miles better. Allen is not good enough and has proved it for the last 4 years. In midfield I would only keep Emre and Grujic,the rest would go. We need a complete overhaul in that position.

6. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Your funny.
    You would keep a player who has played 1 season for us in CM and another who hasn't even played for us. Then to top it off bring in another player who hasn't kicked a ball for us and looks like he won't even get to Allen's level and has pretty poor stats.
    I agree an overhaul would be nice in CM but let's get players who are better than we already have. These atm seem very few and far between. Grasping at straws just isn't going to help us one bit.

inaiq and lfc.eddie like this.
  7. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

That is rich considering this Grujic guy haven't even played a single game for us yet. I just can't understand how someone would big up a new signing by putting down the current player. If you let me pick between Grujic and Lucas, and everyone knows I am no fan of the Brazilian, I'd still pick Lucas. This is the reason why some of the players not getting the time and patience needed. It's fans like you who annoy some fans here.

I will put my neck out there and say Grujic won't be starting too many Premier League matches unless injury hit us big time.

8. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

Allen's not good enough? This is the guy who has helped his country reach the semi finals of the European Championships for the first time in the history of the tournament? The guy who has won plaudits every game he's played whilst he's been in France with the national side? You'd keep someone who's never even played for us yet over Allen? Whose national side never even made it to the Euro's?

As Eddie is with Lucas, I'm not exactly Henderson's biggest fan, but I'd keep our Captain over Gruijic any day of the week.

inaiq likes this.
  9. LFC_nº7

LFC_nº7 Member

Quality. That's the point. Emre and Grujic are very good young players with potential to become top class. Allen,Henderson and Milner are average players who will only set us back.

Well done to Allen on the great European Championship. Seems a nice guy and has always behaved in the correct way while at Liverpool. But,Diouf was tremendous at the WC 2002 and we all know about his career apart from that competition. You can't judge a player based on a competition that lasts a month at the end of a season. We've had enough time to see Allen play for Liverpool and,imo, he's not good enough and therefore should be moved.

I'd keep Grujic because I think he has the quality to become top class. Ideally he wouldn't be first choice at the start of the season (cause we should really sign a top class midfielder), but I would keep him as someone who could eventually grab a place in the team as the season goes on.

10. LFC_nº7

LFC_nº7 Member

There's no point comparing Lucas with Grujic. They are totally different players. And I would keep Lucas,cause he gives us something the other midfielders can't give (unless we sign a better player with similar characteristics).

The fact Grujic didn't play a single game for us yet is irrelevant. What matters is if he has quality or not.

11. lfc.eddie

How is it not relevant when one is being used to compare to a player who has been playing in a much higher level league. Allen played in a much demanding league compared to Grujic. His potential is yet to be quantify, and the only way one could say he has quality or not is by taking the manager's word for it. It is your opinion that Grujic is better than Allen, but it is a fact that Allen played in a much demanding league compared to Grujic.

redfanman and Celtic Dragon like this.
  12. LFC_nº7

LFC_nº7 Member

Let's see Grujic play and everything will become clear. There are hundreds of players playing in smaller leagues that are milles better that hundreds of players playing in the Premier League. The EPL is overrated. I'm not saying the serbian league is anywhere near the level of the EPL,just saying the EPL is not elite level like many people say it is.

Again,what matters is the quality of the player and Grujic is a much more talented player. I'm confident it won't take long for him to show it.

13. lfc.eddie

Let's just take stock on the coaches that had left their "more elite" level and come over to this part of the world to manage teams.... Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp, these are some top 5 if not 10 best coaches in the world. And EPL is not on elite level?

If he hasn't played in this league, he cannot be labeled as better than those that had played in this league. Allen has been around in this more difficult league and been playing pretty regularly, and this Grujic guy hasn't. So let's not go overboard saying he is better than so and so until he play his first competitive match for us.

redfanman likes this.
  14. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

Agree with your premise that there are good players in small leagues but there are fewer 500 registered players (which excludes U21s) in the Premier League so to say hundreds of them seems hyperbolic.

redfanman likes this.
  15. LFC_nº7

LFC_nº7 Member

Let's forget names,money and propaganda. Let's actually focus on what happens on the pitch. Elite level? The Premier League? Elite level is what they play in Spain and Germany,not the Premier League. Hopefully with the new managers coming in we actually see this league at the level it should be with all the money there is.

As for the second paragraph, it's the same old story of "Premier League proven". Bullshit if you ask me. And we should be the first to know that with all the rubbish of "premier league proven" we bought over the years. A good player is a good player everywhere. Might need some time to adjust to a different environment,but good players will always show their quality anywhere. If Tottenham thought like you, Modric would still be playing in Croatia.

Artrain likes this.
  16. lfc.eddie

There's an argument of Premier League proven and there's unproven. Grujic has only played 39 games in Serbian league, 39 freaking games. Only made his first team start for Red Star last season. He is totally unproven, nothing to prove him being a great talent. Not until he starts playing a far more competitive league. I have not said anything about a player needed to be Premier League proven, I am far more concerned over people like you who thinks he is dog bollocks just because you have seen him played a handful of games in a much lesser league compared to those you named - German and Spanish league. I am all for Mahmoud and Can, because they are proven players in a very respectable league, even this Zielinski fella would have more of my vote of confidence to be a starter than Grujic.

The operative word here is "unproven", not "Premier League proven" as you claimed.

redfanman likes this.
  17. Spitfire

Spitfire Resident Realist

Yep but then Modric had been playing for his country 2 years before Tottenham signed him.

Often player in these smaller leagues get their start through international tournaments because its a window where you can see them competing against talent from the top leagues.

As far as the premier league being elite, of course it is. The three leagues you mention are all very good for different reasons - the football style is different as well.

On the Allen topic there are two parts to this - is Allen a good footballer that can compete at the top level - yes he is. What's the caveat, it depends on the system you play and the role you deploy him in. The question is will Klopp play a system that has a place for Allen to shine and at the moment the answer to that seems to be no.

schmee, Drubas, inaiq and 2 others like this.
  18. LFC_nº7

LFC_nº7 Member

Every player in the world was unproven until they proved themselves. Messi was once unproven. Of course there is a lot to prove him being a great talent. That's why Klopp was interested,and so were other clubs, like Inter who have a very good scout working in that part of Europe.

I never said he should be a starter from the first match next season. I think we need someone who will go straight into the team and take us to the next level,someone like Dahoud. Grujic is a great talent and will show it here. Of course he needs time to adapt to a different league,needs to improve on a number of aspects of his game but he has the right manager to do it.

19. lfc.eddie

You are going off tangent here.... just see the post above yours.

20. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Here is my 2p worth.

This is the guy that no one has really seen, yet some are saying he is better than Joe Allen and some saying not. On what basis are people making these comments. It is completely wrong to compare the players, without having seen the kid play or if they have over a period of games.

Joe was treated unfairly the moment he walked through the door. Brendan heaped shit loads of pressure with his daft comments, pressure that appeared at times, to much for Joe Allen.

My next point about this saga, is that I seem to recall the player wearing our shirt, which was disrespectful to his present club. I also think I read that his heart was set on joining Liverpool, yet it is reported that he is accepting more money from Italians. His love for Liverpool therefore can be bought.

If the reports are true, then I think we should let him go to Napoli - Keeping Joe Allen is not as bad as people would have you think. Prices these days, you get nothing for £10m

21. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I actually find it quite interesting, the polarising opinions of our midfield.

With strikers and defenders it's almost universal who is good and who is less good, but with our current and potential midfielders there is a huge range of opinions.

For Zielinski he's either better than Pogba or would be our worst option in the middle.

redfanman likes this.
  22. LW94

LW94 Member

Does anyone actually want us to sign this guy? Kind of hoping he does go and join Napoli.

23. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

If our alternatives really are Dahoud and Neves, then missing out on Zielinski could be a blessing in disguise, imo.

24. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

But don't those three play different roles?

25. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I agree they don't appear to be exact replicas of one another, my feeling is just that we're after 1 CM and these appear to be the leading candidates.

redfanman likes this.
  26. LW94

LW94 Member

I don't think thats the case. I think we're looking to get Dahoud and Zielinski. Both look in doubt right now though.

27. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Reds NOT interested in Udinese star Piotr Zielinski?

Liverpool have been heavily linked with Udinese midfielder Piotr Zielinski over the past few months but they are no longer interested in him.

That's according to Udinese sporting director Norea Bonato, who has urged Zielinski to stop holding out on an Anfield switch and complete a transfer to Napoli.

“The has been an agreement for Zielinski with Napoli for some time, but the guy took his time, as he had to play at the Euros,” Bonato said.

“Perhaps now is the right time to make his decision. Liverpool did not make a real offer, and if the English team does not come out of the closet, the boy eventually will understand the situation and will decide his future based on his offers.”

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-reds-8383194

[​IMG]

28. Persona

Persona Member

29. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

No, I think there was very real interest. We've just not been able to get this one over the line. Udinese didn't want to sell him to anyone but Napoli, due to some sort of agreement they had. Zielinski was holding out, wanted to come here, but he was beaten down (in a mental sense, not physically lol) and last week appeared to agree to Napoli's terms.

AC Milan will have no more luck than we did. Udinese are set on Zielinski only going to one place, Napoli. Poor lads going there whether he likes it or not.

inaiq likes this.
  30. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I also think Udinese were less than impressed that Klopp spoke to the player without their permission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.