Piotr Zielinski (CM) Udinese

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by BeautifulGame, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Is that's what it is. Udinese has said that the player should snub Liverpool and go to Napoli multiple times now (I remember atleast twice) publicly. If Klopp speaking with the player is the real problem, rather than bitching publicly they should file a complaint against tapping.

Joshua179 and lfc.eddie like this.
  2. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Didn't we make the same offer as Napoli but without the inclusing of a player on a season long loan? Can't really blame Udinese for rejecting it.

In the end this one feels like a player we would have liked to buy, but still have doubts about and therefore refuse to pay over the odds for. If we truly wanted him we could easily afford him and get the deal done.

inaiq and lfc.eddie like this.
  3. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

In the article above is written
    If Klopp was very interested, the club would make a real offer (s. Mane).

4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

By real offer, i think they mean, much more than Napoli (and Milan?) were offering, not that we did not make any offer at all.

A little disappointed Jurgen may not get to sign a player he clearly wanted, and the player didnt get the move he also wanted...but it doesnt appear to be one of those deals to die in a ditch over.

5. redfanman

I highly doubt its a real problem. Given the number of players Udinese and their owners churn each year, i'm sure their players and their agents are speaking with all sorts of people before deals get done. I havent seen anything to suggest Udinese wanted to keep him, so i am not sure how Jurgen can be seen as tapping up. The only questions over him have always been where is he going? and on what terms?

6. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Trying not to get too carried away on the basis of a single friendly game against a lower-tier club... but think we have a few special midfield talents coming through from the academy right now, and Zielinski doesn't look anything special. Given the choice I'd rather either sign a properly top-class player for that slot, or try to give some of the kids the minutes that Zielinski would have got. Putting an average player in the team seems like a worse option than either of those.

inaiq, lfc.eddie and redfanman like this.
  7. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

We made a very real offer of 12m euros, the same offer as Napoli made. Udiense accepted Napoli's and threw ours in the bin.

Unless we up our offer substantially, which I doubt we'll do, then the Udinese President fella will stick to this story about having an agreement with Napoli and will force Zielinsli to go there, or take Milan's counter offer. Anyhone as long as it's not us.

inaiq likes this.
  8. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

My understanding is the same WRT to our offer. I do not know too much about him but what I have seen (Youtube) is that his is not "world class" and would only add depth to our squad. As @Zinedine Biscan points out in his last post, he would reduce opportunities for the younger players who came through last season and they did show a lot of potential and are already settled . It could take a season, or more, for Piotr to settle into life at LFC and in the EPL.

9. Artrain

Artrain Well-Known Member

It would be some food for thought then no, that if Udinese had accepted the offer, Zielenski would have been a Liverpool player by now. And if that was the case I doubt so many of us would be rubbishing him as an 'average player' worse than Joe Allen. We'd have trusted Klopp's judgment and been curious to see what the lad can offer. So lets not rubbish him now.

I saw a youtube video too and thought he was better than Dahoud and definitely better than Allen. :tongue: But unless they both sign for Liverpool I may never know for sure. :-)

MarcusBerglund, redfanman and inaiq like this.
  10. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

I have no doubt that I would back him to the hilt if Klopp did/does sign him as I do all who sign for us ( I even backed Mario when he signed). I think the youtube videos of all players makes usually shows there best qualities. :-)

Artrain likes this.
  11. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

I thought Grujic is Serbian not Croatian???

12. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

He is

13. hoosierred

hoosierred Well-Known Member Valued Member

That fact shouldn't keep us from ripping him for not making the Croatian national team though.

Alex, Flobs, redfanman and 5 others like this.
  14. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

But he has made the Serbian national team:-):-):-)

15. Persona

Persona Member

The only difference between Zielinski and our academy lads is that he's 2-5 years older than them. I'd rather we save the fee too to be honest.

16. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

So di Marzio (Italian journo of dubious but not terrible reputation) stated Milan and Udinese got a deal agreed now, fee €18m-€19m. Napoli had €15m + a player on loan for a year accepted, we had a flat €15m rejected. Either the old days are back where we lose out on a player for the sake of a few million because we're convinced he'll only sign for us, or we just not fussed at all about him. Which begs the question, who are the other targets in his stead?

17. steveee

steveee TIA Reserve Team

I seriously doubt that is the only difference when clubs like Napoli and Milan are in for him.. and if Klopp really did call him as well.

Livvy and redfanman like this.
  18. Dortmund fan

It seems like Kloppo doesn't want Zielinski (and also Götze) anymore.

19. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

So has he moved to Milan?

20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

I wonder if the emergence of all these young midfielders has made Klopp change his mind? Branagan, Stewart, Grujic, Ejaria etc. I'm sure if Udinese had accepted our bid at the start of summer instead of messing us around he would have been here, but Klopp probably thinks we have a player here who can do the same job and cost nothing. His primary focus is most definitely a controlling midfielder like Dahoud, Zielinski appears a target of opportunity rather than a critical piece of the puzzle.

redfanman and Chewbazza like this.
  21. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 3m3 minutes ago
    #LFC will now proceed to source a midfielder who fits Klopp’s blueprint, rather than one with a big name.

This makes out that Zielinski was seen as a big name :S

I wonder if Melissa knows what is going on as some profess anyhow.

22. redfanman

Her most recent posts wouldn't suggest that she does. Most of it could be written by just following forums/tweets of others with an interest in the club and little insight. For example, after trying for Zielinski, how likely is it that the club would turn to a big name that doesnt fit the blueprint?

23. schmee

schmee Am I my own mentor or my own worst enemy?

Honestly have to say that I cared so little about this potential transfer that I've just had to catch up on over half a dozen pages of this thread as I've just been ignoring it.

If he does go to Milan then so be it. I would obviously supported him to the hilt had we signed him but I honestly could not care less atm if he goes somewhere else. For me there are certain positional priorities which we all (or at least most of us) and I just never felt that this kid fitted into those positions where we need an upgrade from what we have currently.

24. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Well, Klopp doesn't win a thing if he doesn't have players from Poland in his team but let's hope he'll make an exception with Liverpool! Anyway, I'd like to see how Brannagan would compare with Zielinski - Brannagan is probably more of a box-to-box player, while Zielinski is more of an attacking midfielder but I'd love to hear Klopp's thoughts as to why he thinks Zielinski should have advantage over Brannagan in his tactical plans (experience aside). Brannagan does seem like someone clubs like Udinese would develop and sell for massive profit before he's 24.

redfanman likes this.
  25. Dortmund fan

26. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

...at last, an end to the Zielinski Saga.

27. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

It's rare that I feel so neutral... a little relieved, even... at us missing out on one of our targets. But this is one of those times.

JustHitMyHead and Chewbazza like this.
  28. spizfromoz

spizfromoz Well-Known Member

Is there a Polish left back worth buying?

29. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

I suspect his posing wearing our shirt while kicking a ball around on video didn't impress his club. Perhaps that had a negative effect on the transfer talks.

30. Dortmund fan

Zielinski interest ended

Liverpool have ended their interest in Piotr Zielinski following Georginio Wijnaldum’s arrival at the club, according to Gazzetta World.

The Reds were keen to land the 22-year-old Udinese man but couldn’t agree on a fee with the Italian outfit and have now seemingly given up.

Zielinski wanted to join Liverpool and was stalling on a move to Napoli, who have had a bid accepted for him, in case a move to Anfield did end up materialising.

However, he will now have to look elsewhere for a new club, with Napoli still interested and AC Milan also reportedly entering the race for his services.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-crystal-8482671

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.