Post Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 5/4/2017 8pm)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Mascot88, Apr 5, 2017.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed Apr 12, 2017.
  1. Mignolet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clyne

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Lovren

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Klavan

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Milner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lucas

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Can

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  8. Wijnaldum

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. Coutinho (GOAL off 65')

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  10. Firmino

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  11. Origi (GOAL)

29 vote(s)
    52.7%
  12. Matip (on 65’)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Still have a bitter taste in my mouth about not winning this game.We were in total control, woke up this morning still in disbelief. The absence of Mane, Lallana and Sturridge added to the tiredness of Firmino and Matip replacing Coutinho hindered us but we should still have won this game.Why didn't Kloppo replace Coutinho with an attack-minded player? Why go with 3 CB's ? Bad decisions those.

But, the goals we conceded were just hideous. What was Wijnaldum thinking? What on earth was Klavan doing? Keeping your eyes on the ball is just basic defending isn't it? Time for Gomez to be getting some game time I think.

Shame Clyne's shot didn't go in, was a brilliant effort, Boruc's save was unbelievable. Good to see Origi playing well again, we need him playing out of his skin for the run in.

Now, looking ahead, let's hope we can pick ourselves up for Stoke and grab 3 points.

Clive likes this.
  2. Poor Scouser Tommy

Poor Scouser Tommy Sweet as a nut.

I'll have to agree with you on this. If only because his actions made no sense to me.

3. kingoftown

kingoftown Really good aimer.

To be fair, you were much better as the night went on, even after you attacked my age, told me to "fuck off," and called me a prick!

All is forgiven, we were all pissed off.

SBYM, inaiq and Foldy like this.
  4. Poor Scouser Tommy

I might be mistaken, but I seem to remember that the first internet forum was created so that a drunken tirade could be posted - by no less than Ernest Hemingway.

Silliness aside: we've all done it. But not all have the strength of character to apologise.

inaiq and Foldy like this.
  5. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

Thank you Tommy

6. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

So sorry mate, I blame the Belgian beer mix I had from xmas!

Alright Now, inaiq and kingoftown like this.
  7. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Well said, measure of a man is admitting the odd balls up :-)

LaurazRed, Bob8, Maria and 3 others like this.
  8. kingoftown

kingoftown Really good aimer.

Belgian?! All is doubly forgiven.

FGred, inaiq and Foldy like this.
  9. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

;-)

SBYM, kingoftown, inaiq and 1 other person like this.
  10. Poor Scouser Tommy

Speaking of Belgian:

Origi - Bournemouth Apr2017.jpg

#reasonstobeoptimistic #getinson!

11. Rambler

Rambler Bootle Boy

I may not have the foggiest idea what you are on about but I do recognise a fellow disciple of Nietzsche when I see one.

SBYM, Alright Now, ILLOK and 2 others like this.
  12. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

nice

lad could have been a pro basketball player with that leap

[​IMG]

13. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

Thanks mate

ptt likes this.
  14. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

15. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

IMG_0919.GIF

Livvy, Maria and inaiq like this.
  16. Eintrachtfan

Eintrachtfan The convinced one

Understandably bad mood here.
    I'm just pondering Klavan had defended a little bit better in the 87. min.

We would have won the game 2-1 with an ugly win and Klopp would be a genius with his 5 at the back. I'm sure most posters would say a top four run in is secured already.
    I wasn't happy with bringing in Matip for Coutinho, I thought Alexander-Arnold would have been the better option. Bringing in fresh legs, yes. Changing the style of play, no. That was an invitation for Bournemouth.
    Afterwards you are always slier.

Livvy, SBYM, redfanman and 2 others like this.
  17. Poor Scouser Tommy

We might have a legitimate target man on our hands.

I was searching for an image of his strike against the Toffees, until I realised that only a video would do justice:

[​IMG]

(Thanks to @shankly96)

This kid could become one of the best.

Origi needs good service from the players behind him, and at this stage of his career he shouldn't be weighted down with the expectation of snatching wins in desperate situations. But, if allowed time to blossom, he stands every chance of scoring 20 goals a season with monotonous regularity.

redalways, Livvy, SBYM and 2 others like this.
  18. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Origi just needs a bit more confidence and aggression. The other stuff will come, his positioning etc, getting the mental side with him right makes him a much better player immediately. Physically and technically he's fantastic, really hope he makes an impression in these last 7 games.

19. Bob8

Bob8 TIA Youth Team

Agreed, pretty much the same thoughts myself and I think Klopp was pondering between TAA and Matip and decided to go with experience. Maybe if he would've gone with Alexander-Arnold we'd won 4-1, or lost 3-2 who knows.

Eintrachtfan likes this.
  20. Etipafilaf

Etipafilaf "If we want, this can be a real special day."

This one had me so frustrated I had to give myself a full 24 hours before I could review things with any sort of objectivity.

And yet I'm still searching for a good reason why Klopp went defensive when Phil had to come off. Completely changed the momentum of the match. It's not like Bournemouth was peppering our goal (or even spending a lot of time with possession). We seemed more likely to get a third than give up a goal.

The worst part about it is we went away from who we are to lose a lead we should not have lost. I can only hope that is not Klopp's plan to secure the points needed during this final stretch.

For the first time all year I have concerns we may not make top 4. I still think we will but that's largely because of the rest of the field, not because it is clear we have learned from past mistakes...

Anyway there were a few positives to build upon.

*loved how gini responded to his mistake.
    *Divock was superb.

21. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Agree completely, being young and play sporadically he will need time to mature into his position. I like his attitude as well, being blasted by the manager from the sideline, he kept going and improve. He won't be a Firmino type because that Brazilian is quite unique in reading the ball when defenders have them, but with his physicality and pace, he will be a nuisance for any defence when his game gets better.

redfanman and SBYM like this.
  22. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Him not going all,out for that ball at the back post was utter shithousery though, if he'd ignored his own safety he could have scored.

23. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

What on earth?

redfanman and Livvy like this.
  24. afrikana

afrikana TIA Squad Member

Ah yes, fuck a serious injury, the team comes first eh .....

Any way, frustrating result, had a gut feeling our defensive frailties would be exposed as the clock wound down and to no surprise we conceded a poor goal.

Yes the Matip substitute may have given Bournemouth the initiative to press forward, however, we conceded from a throw in.

Theoretically, that scenario would still have been present irregardless of who was on the pitch in the same way its not a guarantee adding another attacker would have given us a third goal to kill off the game.

We are just utter shit at the back, it's laughable how we can't deal with set pieces especially the dreaded second ball; we can't rely on outscoring opponents by more than 2 goals all the time.

Makati Red and Wyld@Heart like this.
  25. Artrain

Artrain Well-Known Member

The expressions on Bournemouth players' faces are priceless. lol

26. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

No guts no glory, Suarez would have demolished the post in pursuit of a goal in that scenario. That it is elite level mentality, a winning mentality, a player who will do what it takes to score, block, win.. Players we lack in abundance.

27. Craigy_Boy_92

Craigy_Boy_92 Member

First time on the forum since the game. Understandably frustrated.

Bournemouth had a few chances to make it 2-0 in the first half so we were lucky not to be further behind. But when we had the lead we should of went for the kill and maybe with 10 mins left brought on another defender. We done that far too early. Even when they equalised Klopp should of brought someone on straight away (even if its just for 6-7mins) and went for it.

Origi was fantastic. Happy for the lad.

28. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Whatever you say about Rodgers there was a never say die attitude about that team and we had leaders on the pitch with Suarez being the number one leader of that team. I dont think you can underestimate what a loss Gerrard was from that perpsective as well.

However we have to deal with the here and now and its clear Klopp will have to buy these leaders because they dont exist at the club. Henderson is the best leader at the club and that tells you everything you need to know, The one player who could be a leader is Matip but after that you really struggle to think of anyone who has those qualities from the Suarez team

29. sportbilly1966

sportbilly1966 TIA New Signing

Wow now I remember wny I stay away from post match forums when we lose ...... Where are all these idiots when we win????

redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  30. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

They scored within the last 10 minutes, so how would bringing on Matip in the 80th minute have made any difference?