Post Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 5/4/2017 8pm)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Mascot88, Apr 5, 2017.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed Apr 12, 2017.
  1. Mignolet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clyne

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Lovren

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Klavan

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Milner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lucas

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Can

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  8. Wijnaldum

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. Coutinho (GOAL off 65')

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  10. Firmino

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  11. Origi (GOAL)

29 vote(s)
    52.7%
  12. Matip (on 65’)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

Yes we never drew against shite teams back then :rolleyes:

FGred, Artrain and Chewbazza like this.
  2. Ascendant

Ascendant New Member

First post on these forums.

Bringing on Matip after making it 3-1 would've been the right thing to do. Trying to defend one goal lead for 25 mins was always going to be difficult. It would've been understandable if we were a man down. But that wasn't the case. Maybe Klopp hoped that the players will be able to pull it off.

3. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

wow...take a chill pill, there is football to be played yet.... which great manager did you have in mind to replace klopp btw??

ShadesOfRed, Scott Jones and Foldy like this.
  4. Ascendant

Ascendant New Member

This.
    Wijnaldum should never be passing back to Migs from that position. It shouldn't even be an option in his head. He was actually looking at Migs while he passed the ball. How he failed to see Afobe is beyond me.lol

5. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

really?? who was available to be bought in january?... i mean a player in manes class

geebo and Mascot88 like this.
  6. Ascendant

Ascendant New Member

Draxler ?
    If we had matched PSG's wages he could've joined us to play for a fellow German ?
    All hypothetical I know. But JK being here should hypothetically give us an advantage while attempting to sign German players. That's not been the case either.
    Also we cannot accuse players of "joining a team for money". At the end of the day they are professionals.

LFC_5 likes this.
  7. LFC_5

LFC_5 Member

You offer £150k- £200k pw for draxler & you Get him. It's simple . But yet again it falls down to these pathetic owners who are a bunch of fuckng clowns. Sooner they Fock off the better the pair of bastards! No ambition wot so ever.

I'd never thought I'd see the day when Spurs as a club are bigger & better both on & off the pitch ATM than us .

8. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

So, banana skin seen, and we still fell for it. Watching that makes tooth ache feel good. I have been saying all season, we are missing a Souness type- someone on the field to pull the team together, and stop them e.g. Defending a 2-1 lead at home for 20 mins... We should be killing the game, time wasting, playing keep ball.

So, a chance to close the door on Arsenal and manu and now they are back in touching distance. A chance to get a head of Manc blown ! We missed a golden opportunity. Now we need to win the next few matches...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Artrain, Rooster, Scott Jones and 5 others like this.
  9. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

How I miss Sakho. We desperately need his fight and leadership at the back. The spine of our team is spineless, we have no leaders out there.

Given we have funds, if we don't sign a proper Goalkeeper, left back, and Centreback (bring back Sakho please). We are going to struggle defensively again next season. You can't compete in any competition conceding the number of goals we do. And why do we concede such soft fucking goals? We have to score worldies and hand teams fucking tap ins week after week. Imagine watching us in the Champions league! Jesus we'd get destroyed.

Surely Jurgen must realise by now you can't coach a fucking spine into players. You are either born with one or not.

Flobs and Clive like this.
  10. brush85

brush85 Well-Known Member

You're going to be late for school.

What does that even mean? The coach made his fair share of mistakes as well...it has little to do with having a ''spine''. And more to do with game strategy. Our strategy failed us last night.

kwala likes this.
  11. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

I'm still fucking fuming, gah it's not as though we are shit, and it's not as though we have shit players.. We perform v's the better teams, we conceed very few goals against the better teams. Yet put us against certain teams we bottle it every time.

For me this is all down to poor coaching, we simply cannot play against a team whose primary mode of attack is aerial.. Be it set pieces, be it long throws, be it hoof it long and get the 2nd ball. We are atrocious at defending against it.

The worst part is, all of the above is glaringly obvious yet our management decided rather than playing to our strengths (I.e. High press, ball retention, attacking football.) To drop deep, go ultra defensive and invite a team onto a defence that has failed at dealing with teams like Bournmouth all season. Sorry but it's not good enough, Klopp has had long enough to work out this league has plenty of clogger teams who love to get dirty, leave the foot in, go long, work corners or set pieces. Yet has he improved our defence to deal with it? No he hasn't.

Another point, why when 2-1 up at 86 minutes didn't we use our subs? Why didn't we bring off Firmino to a glorious applaus (1-2 minutes eaten up), our team has a breather, it gets into shape, then 1 minute later you take off Lucas or Can or Gini and again another 2 minutes wasted.. Guess what it's 90 mins, Bournmouth are far more frantic, and then guess what a player drops down with cramp.. Fucking learn how to close out a game, it's fucking dogshit we are so clueless and have zero street smarts.

They scored 2 goals from 2 shots, they had 30% possession. This is like a shitter version of Groundhog Day.

You wanted to vomit Klopp? So did we.. So did fucking we.

P.s. Mignolet set the tone in the first minute with his fucking nervous bullshit, that guy needs to be fucked right off.

Mario Santi, peter roberts and Jase like this.
  12. Foldy

Foldy Well-Known Member

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to everybody for last nights drunken rant. I no doubt looked like a thunderc**t of massive proportions. I think the lesson learnt here is to a) don't drink and drivel b) turn phone off when pissed and angry. That is all I have to say about that.

13. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Morning all.

I had the worst dream last night...

14. Rambler

Rambler Bootle Boy

Stupid I know at my age & I should know better.....but I had a pretty sleepless night stressing over that finish..

However, I thought at the start of the season we would fall a bit short of top 4 & so I actually believe that given our paper thin squad compared to our rivals, we have actually over achieved. If we do make that 4th spot, make no mistake, it will be a massive achievement. The frustration for all of us and no doubt JK & the coaching side is the fact we can't seem to hold on to a lead against sides that launch the ball into the area. This has been going on for years now. Last night I couldn't understand why we sat back. Was that the instruction from the bench or just fatigue? I would have liked to see a more ambitious substitution such as Alexander-Arnold or even Sturridge to give them something to think about...

I have a feeling the Stoke game and the other results this weekend might be make or break....

15. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

Did anyone think the comment by Klopp was strange, when asked about Sturridge, something like 60 minutes was to early to bring on Daniel.
    Very strange, why even bother put him on the bench, if he can't survive, 20-30 minutes at home, while winning.
    Now that is a tactical error.

16. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

I would like to mention, what a great picture, Origi makes, in the jump to score his goal. That is a cracking header, but the still picture, looks amazing.

[​IMG]

Rambler, Hope in your heart and ptt like this.
  17. W00die

W00die Member

I try and take the attitude: See it's a post by Makati Red, read it, laugh, forget it existed and move on to next post....

Libero, Chewbazza and redalways like this.
  18. Reds

Reds TIA Youth Team

We can't park the bus even if we wanted to. Pathetic really and to make things worse all our remaining games are with a so called lesser teams. Need to bring back sakho he was a monster for crystal palace win against chelsea.

19. LaurazRed

LaurazRed The hopeful one

Like everyone else I feel very peeved with the game last night. We have chronic problems defending and what with all injuries I hope we don't just throw this away. @Rambler I have to agree with your last post. We're over achieving with our current squad and now injuries are really kicking in. I'm not sure whether we'll make the top 4. I actually think if we hadn't lost Matip yesterday we may have won. But maybe I'm being too simplistic here.

I am just desperate for a decent defence and stronger cover and competition at the back. The next 7 games will test the squad and supporters nerves.

20. Red Armada

Red Armada TIA Regular

Supporting this team is a mazochistic experience. One would think that they're doing it on purpose, that they can't actually be that bad at defending. And yet they are and have been for years.

It is disconcerting to see Klopp struggling to rectify the situation. At times it looked like progress was made but the mistakes were always there lingering under the surface and inevitably popped up again. We are well on course to concede more than 50 goals. We have the worst defensive record by far in the top six. Klopp keeps saying that they're working on it, that he'll find a solution etc etc. So far these are nothing but hollow words. The same errors are made, the same breakdowns, the same lapses in concentration and judgment.

Drastic measures have to be taken. Someone must step up and make it known to every single one of these fuckers that mistakes such as last night's will not be tolerated anymore. They seem to believe that defending is optional especially against the cannon fodder. There's a lack of accountability and it needs to be rooted out. It set in during Rodgers' time and it has grown to a parasitic plant that is suffocating the life out of everything. Enough is enough.

What's even more troubling is that Klopp doesn't seem capable to get a hold of the situation at least for the time being. His decision to bring on Matip for Coutinho and go with 5 at the back against Bournemouth at Anfield is quite telling. Just the fact that he's been considering employing 3 CBs as a means to shut shop speaks volumes of how bad things are. That's exactly what Rodgers did. And right now he looks just as clueless as he predecessor. What he must realise is that more than anything this team needs leaders. It needs the kind of players who held each other accountable, who take charge, who regard clean sheets as a matter of personal pride.

The majority of the current players have proven time after time that they don't have neither the strength nor the inclination to do that.

21. rippedshorts

rippedshorts TIA Regular

The can of worms opened for our fans...

22. football.tiger

football.tiger TIA Squad Member

Don't see the problem with three at the back, Klavan is rubbish, should've pulled Clyne for TAA though and Grujic or Sturridge for Lucas/Firmino.

23. W00die

W00die Member

Predictable result I suppose but frustrating. Positives: Thought Clyne had best game for a long time, actually had some half decent crosses and a good shot. Our corners actually looked like we had practised them and we looked dangerous for once, not a fluke either as it seemed to be most of them. Gini didn't let 'that' brain fart get to him and made a wonderful assist. Negatives: Our passing is still crap, we too often make weak passes that don't reach their destination. Can needs to realise he's not Messi and stop the stupid back heels. We need a CB that can play 90% of the matches a season. Coutinho needs to be able to play 90 minutes (when was the last time he did that?). We still can't defend set pieces.

24. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Fake news!

Unless we concede 12 in our remaining 7, we won't concede more than 50 goals. That's unlikely to happen.

Secondly, we've conceded 3 more goals than Arsenal with 2 more games played, and 5 more than City with 1 more game played. That's not 'by far' the worst defensive record.

You can make your point without exaggerating. Carry on.

Wyld@Heart likes this.
  25. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

People with a "Spine" Stand up straight and fight for a cause. In this case, our players, they are "Spineless" In the face of pressure or adversity they shrivel, wilt and evidently fuck up. Who is there in the side with unwavering fight? Looking the opposition straight in the eye and saying "Fuck you, not over my dead body pal!" and dragging the rest of the team with them? No one. We are Spineless little fucking pussies who wilt under the pressure. We don't have a single leader of men amongst them.

26. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

If we were spineless I doubt we'd have such a good record against the top sides and we wouldn't have beaten Everton twice. Many of these players came back against Dortmund and Villareal under pressure.

Our problem is a lack of quality, in our back up players rather than our first 11. Get more high quality options in and I bet the 'spineless pussies' will find it easier to win more football matches.

27. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

So much negativity in here, but I'll say this:
    • Origi is certainly backing up his words with output, and may he continue proving himself.
    • Coutinho played decently well for someone who was vomiting at half time.
    • Karius might get back into the side again; he did pretty well, and I still feel as though his ability to actually reach someone with his passes was a huge part of our attacking success.
    What's worrying though is that in our all our games that we haven't done well in thus far, the method to beat our attacking game is usually to stay compact and let us go wide. Take Lallana out of the game, and we have no outlets in the middle for the wide players to pass to or to be supported by.

On the other hand, if we spread out our results so far this season such that the bad results are amongst the good, I would bet a lot more fans would be willing to see the team for what it is; a work in progress not for getting top 4, but for competing with the title. We certainly know we have the quality, it's a matter of getting consistent about it. Just because we tended to have dips in form rather than spread out losses and draws, a narrative appears.

Also, for all the comments about how easy the title is, if only we didn't be stupid, or if the owners had splurged, etc. Chelsea had an incredible streak and good luck with injuries. On the other hand, we've had key players injured for short amounts of time here and there, enough to introduce instability into the squad, which can be detrimental for more than just the loss of the quality of the player.

FGred, SBYM and Joe Ware like this.
  28. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

That's probably because from "gut feel" it feels like it. Most of us are probably used to seeing us concede no more than 40 a season, especially under Benitez, so the regularity of conceding just feels very negative.

29. WooltonRed

WooltonRed TIA Youth Team

That result is totally down to Klopp and his baffling substitution of Coutinho with 30 mins of the game left.
    At the time, we were bossing the game and looking for a 3rd goal. He takes Coutinho off, brings a defender on and changes formation. A totally negative move which appeared to revitalise the Bournemouth players and the inevitable happened with them equalising.
    Klopp has now said that Coutinho was 'feeling sick' and that's why he brought him off! Really?? He was performing well enough during the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half , so I'm not buying that excuse. Also, why bring a defender on and change formation? It wasn't needed, as Bournemouth were on the back foot at the time and a 3rd goal looked very likely.
    Why not carry on with the same formation and put Sturridge on instead? Klopp claims Sturridge isn't ready for 30 minutes on the pitch!! Then why the fuck is he on the bench if he's not fit enough to last 30 minutes??
    Just to finish off, I'd like to know what the hell Sakho has done that is so bad, that it can't be forgiven and he be given another chance. He's still our player and I'm sure he would make a difference to the back four, who just can't be trusted.
    Rant over.

30. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

The big teams come to play football, We can do that, we have quality at the business end of the pitch.

The shite we struggle against time after time, defend deep, play on the counter, and tend to be more physical and direct in their approach. The Type of game where you have to match their fight and physicality, and let your quality take care of the result. When you have little fight, and cower at the thought of any Aerial threat, you are in trouble against these sides.

When speed of thought slight of foot, vision, and technical ability are whats needed, we can do that, The players have confidence in their ability to do that.

When a Puffed out chest and the sheer will to win and stomach for a fight are needed, we are found desperately short.