POST MATCH: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 1/4/17 12.30pm)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Mascot88, Apr 1, 2017.

?

Man of the Match

Poll closed Apr 8, 2017.
  1. Mignolet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clyne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lovren

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Matip

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Milner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lucas

22 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Can [Yellow 67']

9 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Wijnaldum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mane [GOAL 7', off 55']

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Firmino

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Coutinho [GOAL 31', off 72']

76 vote(s)
    57.6%
  12. Origi [On 55', GOAL 60']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Alexander Arnold [on 72']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

On this point - i don't think manure, mcity, ars, Chelsea gets kicked this much each match. The ref usually protects their players a lot. Same is the case for Bayerns, Barcas of the world. At some point, we need to make a statement to the FA and refs - enough is enough. Start protecting our players too.

FGred, Scott Jones and redwhiteley7 like this.
  2. LFCFFC

LFCFFC New Member

Great derby win. Confimed Liverpool are and always will be top dogs.
    Coutinho back in form
    Maintaining our spot in the top 4
    Mourinho realising he's going to have to bankrupt United to get them anywhere near the title playing "his football"

What more could you want!

Only real negative is Mane's injury. Crossing all appendages for a quick recovery.

FGred likes this.
  3. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

To be fair there is a Liverpool fan site that is as shit as NSNO, SCM. A site that packed with fans that enjoy to spread hate against our own players when they play a shit game. A site that even allow death threats against our own players. Probably all the PL clubs have sites like that.

FGred likes this.
  4. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

What a great win. Glad to have Coutinho back to his in-form self. Guess he just needed some home cooking to get him back on track.

And glad my boy Origi scored and looked great. While it seems Mane may not be as badly hurt as originally thought, i highly doubt he's fit for Wednesday's game so Divock needs to be ready to walk the walk after he opened his mouth about not getting enough time. Here's a big chance for you, don't fuck it up.

5. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Excuse me?

lfc.eddie likes this.
  6. Elessar

SixCrazyMinutes.

7. melbournered

melbournered New Member

I am sure you don't,but i would not under estimate the role Lucas played in negating the influence of Lukaku. When Everton had the ball in our half the tracking and covering of Lukaku by Lucas was impressive.

8. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

I don't agree, Hazard, Sanchez etc. Get the shit kicked out of them all game.

Rambler likes this.
  9. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I was scared to death when I saw Lucas in the team but in CM he is not the liability that he clearly is in CD. Id say in that role he is clearly better than most with the exception of Henderson which unfortunately tells you the issues we have in CM. I am really hoping to see Grujic get some minutes from the bench in the remaining 8 games of the season as if he can cut it thats one less player to worry about buying for next season.

Its hard to believe Everton and WBA are the 7th and 8th best teams in the PL. We were poor but still way too good for them. But to be fair those teams dont possess the quality we have in Mane and Coutinho who basically won the game for us. If they ever get them they will eventually have to sell them.

I just hope that Klopp has a real plan for life without Mane because we will never have a better chance to make CL football than we do this season.

FGred likes this.
  10. Elessar

Hazard and Sanchez dive a lot so I don't agree. You could easily give them at least a yellow card for diving in every game. Two of the biggest cheaters in the game ever.

11. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Completely missing the point but hey ho.

12. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

From Klopp in the programme notes for yesterday's match:-

"I would like to pass on my regards and best wishes to Seamus Coleman, who due to very unfortunate circumstances is not available to play today.

I do not know him personally, but as a football supporter I love his character, his positive approach to the game and his commitment to his club.

There is a lot to admire about this player and it is his personal qualities that will help him as he recovers from this setback and returns to the game."

Compare and contrast with Koeman's cynical attitude to the welfare of other club's players. I have lost all respect for the man. Klopp on the other hand continues to impress me in so many ways!

13. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

Class/sportsmanship was never really Koeman's thing imo, I vividly remember him wiping his ass on the pitch with a German player's shirt in the Euros '88. Being a sore loser is one thing - but a sore winner?;-)

14. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Yet this is what you said in the Pre Match thread:

'Lucas, jesus wept fear the worst now

Hope I can come and tell everyone I was wrong'

However Lucas is now clearly better than anyone except Henderson. Having spent all night mingling with Afrikaans lads and still being fairly tanked after just an hours sleep I reckon I'll use a local favourite to convey my disdain:

"Vat 'n trap, papa. Vat 'n trap"

15. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Alright Now and Werder4life like this.
  16. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Absolutely, very true. We often end up talking about individuals (not just fans, but also the media), but it's important to remember that the foundation is the collective effort.

melbournered likes this.
  17. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

@Wyld@Heart, that last line about this is the best chance we will ever have to qualify for Champs League is a gem. This is exactly the kind of mentality a fan of a club in the Liverpool city has during 2005. Remember the club that actually got themselves into 4th place once, and that's it...

Look at the size of the coaching staff we have. Them giants!

18. Fester

Thinking about it this morning the Bitters can't beat us trying to play football and they can't beat us trying to kick our players off the park. Its all pretty desperate stuff for them really. Must be a tough reality pill for them to swallow! ;-)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    FGred likes this.
  19. costared

costared TIA Reserve Team

Like most folks said , a hard fought victory. Not a bad performance from any player. It would be easy to go for one of the goal scorers for motm but for me Matip was magnificent again and edges it .

FGred likes this.
  20. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

The derby is becoming a joke.

Gone are the days of a competitive match. Gone are the days of being unsure of the outcome and sadly gone are the days when both sides got stuck in to each other without moaning.

Souness, Reid, Lyons, Case, Smith, Labone could all mix it. They all got stuck in and shook hands at the end.

It wasn't until the late 70's that the first players were sent off. McDermott and Stanley were sent off together.

The 90's onwards has seen the game cleaned up so much. It has virtually made football a non contact sport.

The tackles yesterday have been described as disgracefull. Yes they were fouls and yes in todays climate perhaps a red card or two could have been showm.

If you look at the reaction to the tackles then you will see how our game has become to sanitised.

The childish comments after the game from Koeman highlights a mindset of our neighbours from over the park. It didnt take him long to buy into the peoples club.

The hest derbies are when the outcome is unknown. When was the last time Everton looked like a team that could turn up to a derby, never mind win a few on the bounce?

Yesterdays match was far to easy for us. I think Tranmere Rovers would give us more of a derby game than Everton.

21. Fester

I've been watching the game a pretty long time but some of their tackles yesterday could easily have put a couple of our players out for months. That's not blood and thunder Merseyside derby tackles its out and out thuggery whatever the era. I'd just like to check with you whether you are saying that that is acceptable?

FGred, LaurazRed, Maria and 2 others like this.
  22. Elessar

It is difference between hard tough tackles and tackles only meant to hurt the player. Barkley didn't even try to get the ball. That is tackles made by a coward, a shit house player. A player that should get jail time because tackles like that isn't a part of the game.

Duncan Ferguson got sent to jail for headbutting a player. This is even more dangerous play. Barkley should get sent to jail.

FGred likes this.
  23. LaurazRed

LaurazRed The hopeful one

We played very well for most of the game. Mané, Firmino and Coutinho looked really fresh and lively, and all three of our goals clinically taken. Barkley is making me fume with some of his so called tackles they're not just late but are dangerous.

The only time I felt uneasy yesterday, were from set pieces. We kept Lukaku very quiet which was a big relief.

My only worry is Mané limping off we can't afford to lose him and it looks like it might be another long term injury.

24. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

Understand what you're saying about the game in general being for big girl's blouses but some of the tackles the blueshite have put in in the last 3 derbies have been leg-breakers in any era of the game. Pure luck that Origi is the only long term injury. Even Royle's 'dogs of war' didn't put the sort of shithouse tackles Barclay was putting in yesterday. Suppose it must be hard for him being lauded as the new Gazza a couple of years ago and then being dominated by our 2nd choice midfield.

OLDIE, Maria, FGred and 2 others like this.
  25. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

I agree about your assessment and watched the game again last night and after the game everyone thought that Lovren had Lukak in his pocket but the player that single handedly took him out of the game and made him redundant was Lucas, he never even came within sight of Lovren or Matip almost invisibly his sweeping in front of the CHs was very effective yesterday. I realise I am going to get clobbered for saying something positive about Lucas but he plays for Liverpool and I usually praise our players...

26. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

It's amazing what playing in his natural position does for a player, even an 'over the hill' one like Lucas Leiva. ;-)

27. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

Totally agree about your comment on the pundits view of the fouls from those two useless cloggers while they were horrified with the ones committed on Ibra's head but then again Lineker used to be a blue and the background of the programme was a Blue stadium very difficult to be objective after that.

28. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

The impression I got from listening to the pundits was that they were expecting Everton to roll us over. It was all 'Lukaku this, Lukaku that, defensive issues this, Coutinho out of form that, Everton run of form this, Koeman master tactician that'... well, you get the picture.

No surprise that there's no massive outcry anywhere. Had any of those challenges been on precious Zlatan or Mourinho's flowering invincible lillies we'd never hear the end of it.

29. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I finished watching the replay this morning. It was a tempestuous affair with some thuggish behaviour tbh, not a beautiful to watch, seeing our boys get kicked left right and centre.
    I thought the whole team did well overall. We managed to contain Lukaku, he was quite redundant most of the game, Lucas very clever and acted as a decoy to deflect a lot of goals, Everton kind of did not realise that Lucas would be a great threat as they were thuggish trying take out other players like Can, Mane, Coutinho, Louvren etc. Hope you get what I mean here.

Firmino really makes me smile, he reminds me of such a relaxed player in the sun one minute and the next minute he is entraping the opposing player to come and get him and then he is doing these clever runs and turns with the ball and does a runner thinking ' alright then, come on then, get the ball off me' with a big smile and those lovely pearl white teeth. He really is delightful to watch.

Yes, Coutinho's goal was truly awe inspiring, it was definetely a rare diamond of goal, Mane''s goal was fantastic, how the hell runs from one end of the pitch to the other I will never know. So happy for Origi to get his goal and his confidence back, he definitely needed one. Moreover, TAA, what a wonder he is, he does not seem fazed by the occasion, he was brilliant, nearly got the 4th goal, I think it is only a matter of time before he does score in the EPL, what a talent. Also, my praise for the defence, they were immense, they were classy, they didn't need to the low level of thuggery and they kept calm and cool.

I definitely agree with you all, that Williams and Barkely should have been red carded and the latter should get the Oscar for the best acting for his simulation of being injured on the pitch. Horrible little player who does not know how to play good football. Our players were lucky that their injuries were not leg breaking injuries. I thought Everton would be weary after losing their key player to a horrific injury. I was worried for Mane and Can really getting stamped etc. The referee was such an incompetent plonker. I am trying to understand he wanted to keep the flow of the game going, but players health is more important.

All in all, it was a very hard fought match and a well deserved win for us, we were overall the much better team. Everton need to look at themselves and the way they conduct them themselves on the pitch, they shamed the beautiful game by not playing football. Koeman, maybe he should learn from Klopp and his compatriat Guardiola and learn to be gracious in defeat.

Fingers crossed and touching all good luck charms for our Mane.

Edit: MOTM was hard really ,but I am giving it to Lucas who was immense as he neutralised anyone in his path and Can for holding the midfield despite getting so many kicks in his legs and back.

Lowton_Red, T.C.B, FGred and 7 others like this.
  30. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

To me, it looks like nothing, they were not invading the pitch or shouting at officials at the sidelines. It's football, what are the coaching staff supposed to do, politely clapping and stay seated? We are not watching a classical music quartet or tennis match!
    Koeman is making a story out of nothing, he has been moaning all week and even arguing with Ireland's manager Martin O'Neil. He needs to get over it and move on, grumpy old man.