POST MATCH: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 1/4/17 12.30pm)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Mascot88, Apr 1, 2017.

?

Man of the Match

Poll closed Apr 8, 2017.
  1. Mignolet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clyne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lovren

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Matip

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Milner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lucas

22 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Can [Yellow 67']

9 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Wijnaldum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mane [GOAL 7', off 55']

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Firmino

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Coutinho [GOAL 31', off 72']

76 vote(s)
    57.6%
  12. Origi [On 55', GOAL 60']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Alexander Arnold [on 72']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

On Barkley, his approach mirrored a lot of the Everton players, and an approach that has been endemic in that club for ages.

The reason he is throwing himself into reckless tackles and trying to injure our lads is because he isn't good enough to compete with us, and if he isn't good enough to compete then all he can do is make a show of what a big man he is in front of his degenerate fans.

Williams knew exactly what he was doing. The stamp on Can was deliberate, as he had to adjust his stride to plant his studs in. The later one is a straight red, borne of frustration and petulance.

Koeman is the ringleader of the shower of cunts, with his 'mans game' rubbish. They were sent out to injure their opposition - no doubt about that.

That club have had their chest puffed out of late, with their relatively decent form (against no-one of note) and their new 'stadium', with talk about how they are going to overtake us - only for the gulf between the two clubs to be so humiliatingly exposed on Saturday. All they can do in response is to try and fool their fans by substituting aggression and frustration for ability. It will probably work too, thick fucks.

FGred, ubermick, James H and 8 others like this.
  2. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Here is Ross Barkley showing 'passion' earlier in the season

No, definitely not 'that sort of player'.

FGred, James H, Scott Jones and 3 others like this.
  3. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

He is vile. And while I wouldn't wish injury on anyone, I hope that there's some karmic fallout for him at some point.

4. redalways

redalways TIA Regular

A fight with red cards on both sides during their next match would satisfy me sufficiently however.

5. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Everton have a few twats in the form of some fans, players and management team.

But they got twated and should take it with grace instead of bitterness....

Barkley, Williams aned Komen need to watch the game again then reflect on their words and actions. Derby or not bitterness is an ugly emotion.

I had to endure Gary twatville as co-commentary and he is a bitter and twisted twat. but I am glad he was there as he had to endure sublime football from LFC and it made him choke on his verbige.. :-)

FGred and James H like this.
  6. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

Ditto...
    Just did not have the energy to pin point as well as you have..
    Only point I would maybe disagree is not all Everton fans are bitter twats. But they do have their share...

FGred and James H like this.
  7. Isle

Isle Member

Can is growing on me in many ways. I think his form continues to grow as he feels more comfortable with 'who he is' on the pitch and what his specific role means to the side. I heard a few weeks ago that he wants to play deeper, that he wants to be that holding/defensive midfielder.

But aside from his play, it's also the intangible part of his game that I am loving at the moment. With his growing form he is also bringing a certain swagger. I feel that our side can be bullied at times (I've posted about it before) but Can seems to relish those aggressive and confrontational situations. Not in a neanderthal, 'Ross Barkley' sort of way, but with a leader's spirit. He is not afraid to mix it up and let the opposition know he'll be there all day and isn't afraid to stand up for his mates.

FGred, James H and Eintrachtfan like this.
  8. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Koeman is just getting out of his 'war' with O'Neill about McCarthy, he must he loving all of this controversial press. What a cnut.

Barkley also a cnut.

Williams very much a cnut as well. Haven't forgiven him for laying Phil out early in the 13/14 season for a month and required shoulder surgery.

FGred likes this.
  9. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

As for our boys, i would tend to believe that he is trying to earn the raise he is holding out for with his contract negotiations. If he can maintain the level he has played at for last few weeks then he may well get it. Much cheaper to keep what we have than have to ship him off and sign a replacement.

Could he have been playing through injury in Jan/Feb? Maybe.