POST MATCH: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 1/4/17 12.30pm)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Mascot88, Apr 1, 2017.

?

Man of the Match

Poll closed Apr 8, 2017.
  1. Mignolet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clyne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lovren

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Matip

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Milner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lucas

22 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Can [Yellow 67']

9 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Wijnaldum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mane [GOAL 7', off 55']

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Firmino

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Coutinho [GOAL 31', off 72']

76 vote(s)
    57.6%
  12. Origi [On 55', GOAL 60']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Alexander Arnold [on 72']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AnfieldCat

AnfieldCat TIA Squad Member

I have just watched Koeman's after match press conference, what a deluded bitter man. Pretty embarrassing to watch tbh.

FGred, Livvy, OllieRed and 3 others like this.
  2. Eintrachtfan

Eintrachtfan The convinced one

There is so much said in the Everton-match-posts that I don't want to add
    much.

I expected a draw before the game. Afterwards I was very very very very satisfied and had a big grin from ear to ear.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    FGred, Livvy, Alright Now and 2 others like this.
  3. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Just part of the game to lose Coleman then presumably to both them and their rank manager.

Mascot88 and Scott Jones like this.
  4. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

It's a man's game, unless it's one of your own getting his leg snapped.

koptician, Livvy and T.C.B like this.
  5. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I just put it down to the fact that Lucas' main opponent was one of the few players in the EPL who is slower than him. Up against Barkley or Chalie Adam it's Lucas all day. lol

Btw I think Barkley is a good player with lots of talent and would be a great pivot in some teams. He is just slow so is very limited in how he can be utilised.

6. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

The timing of our second goal was key, didn't allow us to stew over conceding the equaliser. Could have been a much different game had it stayed 1-1 for a while.

After Phil's superb goal, they just resorted to kicking everything and anything, not a good game from then to be honest and it was inevitable that someone would get injured. Pretty disgraceful really.

But we should the right application, not a bad player in red and Phil absolutely unplayable. Also Emre Can looks like he's surely earned an improved contract offer, just hope that situation sorts itself out soon.

Bournemouth up next at Anfield, no Mane and Lallana, just hope we can keep today's positive performance going.

7. Flobs

Flobs FADA

The way I saw it was that Wijnaldum was picking up very good positions and moving the ball quickly. Let's face it he's not our most physical player and needs to be good at other stuff. Also I think Everton targeted Can as well as Can being our physical presence which he accepts and just gets on with it.

Please do post your thoughts once you have seen it all over again. I'm just going to enjoy the win.

Werder4life likes this.
  8. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Where is the sport in that?

Regards,
    Lovepool

redalways and Alright Now like this.
  9. Flobs

Flobs FADA

This once I'll forgive you as it was your loss. Beware I might not be so lenient next time. :-)

Maria likes this.
  10. Flobs

Flobs FADA

It's comments like this that get me confused. Matip isn't a rock, he's a block of ice or even an iceberg he's so cool!

ptt likes this.
  11. Semmy

Sorry I'm just catching up now. Late night and early 4:30am game (@ubermick knows what I'm talking about) and a 12-hr shift makes for a tired Semmy (yes, I just third-person'd myself)

If you think it's easy to not get a sniff of a full match more than once a month, then come into a derby like that one and play the #6 and boss it, you must play keeper if at all. I've never been a fanboy of Lucas but I have a respect for ANY player who can do what he did today. MOTM stuff, and it's a thankless job playing that role.

FGred, koptician, kwala and 3 others like this.
  12. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

When you have the relatives round and can't say come 2 hours later, they will use that to haunt me that I chose football over 'flesh and blood', which in these days and age is a load of old cobblers! I was sneaking out to check the TIA thread though, hope that counts for half the marks.

13. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Just caught up with Koeman's post match comments.
    What game was he at? Williams and Barkley looked like they were out there to do damage,couldn't say that about our lads.
    Can got a lot of attention,didn't work,he had a good game,dare I say it, he is staring to grow on me.
    Dunno about the criticism of Lucas,he was very solid in the midfield today,thought we may have some issues there today but he,and Can were well up for it.
    Got to admit when Mane collapsed going off I was horrified,though that was a season ender!
    Maybe not,certainly hope not for the lads sake.
    Cou,MOTM for me but it was a good all round performance from the lads.
    Special mention for Trent-Arnold,that lad is really looking the goods,has a great career ahead of him,if he keeps going like he is.

14. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Was playing one of our last games of the season so missed it, having to play outfield I was able to be rotated on and off and keep up with it. Delighted with that result and some nice finishes.

Not sure if anyone else noticed it but their goalies positioning was dreadful. As for those tackles, that's nothing to do with it being a Derby, it's just disgusting any game they should be stamped out. You want the best players here you won't get it with that kind of tackling. They could have left us without 5 injuries.

15. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Was thinking the same thing myself Clive.

Oh and throughout my several post-match posts today I forgot to mention that Bugsy would have been immensely proud of the lads today!

FGred, Livvy, Clive and 2 others like this.
  16. OllieRed

OllieRed OllieRed

Fairly easy win against the bitters who were lucky to have 11 players on the pitch at full time, koeman embarrassed himself after the game with his comments a bitter manager.

17. Commando

Commando Active Member

I meant to comment earlier. Made up with the result. Just watching MOTD. The pundits, Shearer and Keown and Lineker seemed to have just brushed off the Barkley fouls and Williams' deliberate stamp/scrape on Can. I'm hoping that we'll make a noise about the stamp and maybe some retrospective action will happen. I also want to ask why on MOTD most teams seem to be wearing black armbands? I obviously know why we were wearing them today. I'd like to also see us get some decent armbands. Most teams seem to have quite wide ones with Velcro on whereas we just seem to wrap a bit of black insulating tape round our players arms.

FGred likes this.
  18. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

If he was as good as all that he would play more regularly than once a month.

19. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Koeman was complaining about one of Klopp's coaching staff who was reacting too much from from the bench, who was he referring to?

20. Commando

Commando Active Member

I also voted Lucas MOTM. I would like to see him kept at Anfield as I'm sure his attitude would be a great positive in our set up. ( Academy through to the First Team).

kwala and Fester like this.
  21. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Cuckooman,was complaining of how we kept throwing ourselves under their studs,typical fuck off answer.

koptician, Alright Now and Flobs like this.
  22. Commando

Commando Active Member

Cuckooman, I love it. Do I have your permission to use that name when chatting to my blue nose Son tomorrow?

23. Commando

Commando Active Member

Yeah, BTW, typical red Shite. Throwing their shins and ankles in the way of the Everton studs all day. Except when the Red toes kicked the ball toward the Everton goal on three occasions.

24. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Yes off course and sorry to hear of your son's affliction.:-)

25. won it at-a-turk stadium

won it at-a-turk stadium TIA Regular

Don't need. Everton play Man U next so any ban would help Manure

They were dud challenges but put this result in the vault and focus on another vital game in the space of a few days

lfc.eddie likes this.
  26. Commando

Commando Active Member

If only the midwife hadn't dropped him on his head as he was delivering him? Who knows, he might have been normal. We'll never know. Mind you I do treat him as if he were normal. When football is on the telly I let him out of his cage. Though I would never, ever take his restraints off. We did that once. Much to our cost.

Semmy and Scott Jones like this.
  27. shachart

shachart Our greatest win

I am not saying any of them are bad players, but TAA is our second RB, he is not anywhere near and adequate replacement for Coutinho, nor Klavan for Firmino.
    Assuming Hendo and Mane won't play on Wednesday, you have NO bench. Origi and Lucas will probably start, and Woodburn will be the senior player on the bench.
    Not to mention I have a feeling that we are going to hear that Can picked up a knock and isn't training either.
    We are about an injury away from sending in the LFC legends who play Real Madrid.

MarcusBerglund likes this.
  28. Commando

Commando Active Member

We all know for a fact that the blue shite will lie down and have their their tummies ticked by their bezzies.

koptician and redbj like this.
  29. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Sums them up to be honest. Those comments coming after I watched Colemans leg snap like a twig really tell you all you need to know.
    Have to be honest and say I always admired Koeman as a player and a manager and even thought he would be a good choice to replace Rodgers but he really let himself down in his post match interview today........never has the description "Bitter" been so apt.

Maria, Semmy and Scott Jones like this.
  30. Semmy

If he still had legs he may well have been. We'll never know. His lack of mobility at times can be a detriment but with experience grows the ability to read the play better.

Doesn't hurt that Bitters have a midfield like swiss cheese. Completely non-existent for the most part today. If Ross "meathead" Barkley is their marquee midfielder of the day then good on Mr Koeman for picking his battles.

Bunch of fucking muppets. At least Baines didn't actually mean to hurt Mane, but the fact remains they're still a second-class lot when it comes to class on the pitch.