Post Match: Liverpool v Middlesborough (EPL 21/5/17 3pm)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Mascot88, May 21, 2017.

?

Man of the Match

Poll closed May 28, 2017.
  1. Mignolet

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Clyne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Matip

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Lovren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Milner [off 85']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Can

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Wijnaldum [GOAL 45+1']

62 vote(s)
    48.8%
  8. Coutinho [GOAL 50']

46 vote(s)
    36.2%
  9. Lallana [GOAL 56']

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. Sturridge [off 82']

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  11. Firmino [off 78']

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  12. Lucas [on 78']

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  13. Origi [on 82']

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Moreno [on 85]

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

If they lose in the final of the Europa they will soon change their minds as they all have categorically said they want a CL club

LFCFFC, SBYM, Maria and 3 others like this.
  2. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Actually, if you add up the rumours, 300M would not get it done. One way or another, Neymar cost Barca 100M, they would be looking for enough to improve their side. 150M? Mbappe reportedly at 100M, probably 75M to get it done. Griezmann rumours have him at 100M.

SBYM and FGred like this.
  3. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

ManU pays Rooney 300k/week, imagine what they would pay someone who can run

4. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

Plus they have likely not had time to fully digest the beauty of our new kit yet.

SBYM, FGred and Scott Jones like this.
  5. Red Skip

Red Skip Red Skip

Thank you @Maria, I was a nervous wreck last season, especially during our dip in form in January/February period, I felt deflated at that time and thought we had blown away all our good work from the beginning of our league campaign. Thankfully we recovered and made it over the line at the end.
    Back to stay the summer course anyway - hopefully my nerves will stay strong for now on. Must be old age catching up with me that I'm finding the match pressure and tension difficult.
    Still haven't stopped dreaming of happy times ahead.

LaurazRed, Alright Now and Maria like this.
  6. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

No worries.

The Red Sox are worth HEAPS more than that...

7. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@Red Skip tell me about it. I have been a perpetually nervous since January, I also find watching the last 5-6 matches very stressful, at times I could not cope with watching the whole match. Somehow, I really, do feel very hopeful for our club's future. Klopp is in it for the long haul. We have alot to look forward to. I looking forward to European nights again

LaurazRed and Red Skip like this.
  8. Red Skip

Red Skip Red Skip

Yes @Maria I can relate to the difficulty of watching the matches, I wholeheartenly wanted to gain a top four finish this season to help our progress that I was just became overwhelmed with nervous meltdown.
    Still have total belief in our Boss Man Mr Klopp and his coaching Staff to continue our progressive improvement next season and like you looking forward to the 2017/18 season. The love of LFC still burning strong in my heart. Hopefully good times will comes rolling our way again soon.

LaurazRed and Maria like this.
  9. Strictly Armchair

Strictly Armchair Perspective and equilibrium

Come on Scott Jones, it can't be that difficult. Your password will definitely have an 'f' in there somewhere. Probably rhymes with luck it 123.
    Internet issues aside (Virgin left me without internet access for FIVE WEEKS last season, from the LC final against Citeh onwards, until I told them where to shove their non-existent connection) at least we can all enjoy the summer and look forward to an even better season next time around.

Repeat after me, YOU REEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSS!

LFCFFC, Livvy, SBYM and 4 others like this.
  10. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

SBYM, Eintrachtfan and Maria like this.
  11. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Ok, I get it. I can't believe footballers are that shallow and just think of money all the time. I would prefer to win a medal, a trophy and get into Champions League. Money is not everything in life.
    For example, Harry Kane, he doesn't want to move for money, he loves Tottenham.

LaurazRed and Eintrachtfan like this.
  12. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Well to be fair, the mancs have £££££££££, and on top of that, this season's League Cup and the EL final, which could easily morph into the EL Cup. As others have said, winning or losing that match will be crucial for them. Hopefully Ajax can win it!

Livvy, Red Skip and Maria like this.
  13. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Harry Kane is also only 23 and this Spurs team looks like they could win something. In a couple of years time if Spurs haven't won anything I reckon he'd go.

As for money not being everything; how many people who have money understand that? Seems to me those who least understand how much to priotise wealth are those who have it. The rich always want to get richer, often at the expense of other forms of reward.

SBYM likes this.
  14. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

predominantly, yes, probably, but UTD are still winning trophies, and are still assembling something half decent, they've just come back to the pack a bit.

players would still assume them to be a club that is successful, or the potential to return to the summit in the near future.

hope not.

Hope in your heart likes this.
  15. redgingerbread

redgingerbread Honorary Scouser

Who's Fergie??? His name is whiskey nose.

Lowton_Red likes this.
  16. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I think we have to be realistic about Utd. They will just lash money at this thing until something sticks. I think they'll spend at least 200m this summer. You can't keep doing that and it not come good at some point.

17. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

It wont. I have confidence in Moaninho. He was not even able to find out Pogba's best position - after a full season. Ibra basically saved him this season. Else they would have got relegated.

18. LaurazRed

LaurazRed The hopeful one

I think the tension gets the better of all of us at times, we're so invested as supporters. We as fans probably feel it more, as we have no control over what happens on the pitch.

@Red Skip It's good to see you back, I hope you stick around.

Maria, Red Skip and Scott Jones like this.
  19. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

I will take it!

Just getting caught up now after a long weekend away camping. Happy with the results

20. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

Our focus now, should be on making some good moves in the transfer market early as we have the CL qualifiers to deal with. Cant afford to slip up when we have one foot in the Big Show.

21. Dutch

Dutch Active Member Valued Member

No thank you I don't want that poser and master diver in our red.

SBYM likes this.
  22. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Well if it's between keeping you as a fan or get Neymar, you know where we all would lean towards..... :well done:

Maria, Scott Jones, SBYM and 2 others like this.
  23. Dutch

Dutch Active Member Valued Member

24. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

If we could get his mate Coutinho to persuade him to come to LFC, I wouldn't mind, I think he would enjoy playing at LFC.

25. Red Skip

Red Skip Red Skip

Since not sure where to place these thoughts - I'll place them here as this was our last competitive game of the season.

My concerns are our fitness problems to many of our most senior players who can/have an impact on match results and season outcome. What appears to me is that too many of our important players have frequent injury problems during the season.
    For EG - Henderson, Countinho, Lallana, Sturridge - the loss of Mane was a blow for the run-in. thankfully Mane's absence didn't cost us a top four finish. This is the reason we need Quality strength in depth to cover for all possibilities - so that our level doesn't suffer like we experienced during Jan/Feb of last campaign.

I expect the Boss to address this major concern during this summer's transfer window.
    I'm sure his aim will be to move us up another level to be able to sustain consistemcy in performances and this brings hopefully positive match results. This is my hope anyway.

I do expect players moving on - the ones that were loaned out - all with the exception of Ward, Fulton. and Allan Rodrigues - Doubts surrounding the futures of Moreno and Lucas.

Sincerely hope that Jurgen Klopp is successful in bringing in he players he has earmarked to strenghten us for next season.
    Best of luck Mr Klopp. YNWA

26. Semmy

First chance I really got to watch the game.

Full marks to the 15 minute applause and YNWA afterwards.

Can't say that I will ever feel what that meant to the people still living Hillsborough. But I feel in a way the club has helped those heal with their losses one way, emotional or other.

You'll never walk alone.

Some interesting little battle on the board lately, getting snippy. Don't really enjoy that, have enough of that shit IRL.

Remember folks, we are talking about football (and politics, music, food recipes, crochet) but leave the handbags at the door, yeah?

Hope you all have a good week. We have European Nights back and a fantastic coach. The lads will play for him, and the future is looking good!

Livvy likes this.
  27. Semmy

28. Semmy

29. Semmy

European Nights

Livvy likes this.