Post-Season Friendly Sydney FC vs LFC

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Clive, May 23, 2017.

1. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

Further to my discussion on the match. If I was casting a critical eye on players, I thought, I would mention.
    Matip and Agger, played together in the second half, I think they gave up two shots, one well stopped by Mignolet. Agger, committed numerous players, when pushing forward, and really opened the game up, as did Matip. In fact they were both very solid in defence.
    Lovren started in the first half, and had Moreno, Carra, and Lucas in the mix (around him).
    While LFC ran riot over the opposition, Carra, Lucas and Moreno, all looked comfortable, Lovren, looked anything but. He looked to slow for our level, his decisions were rash, and he gave the entire stadium an uneasy feeling, can't imagine what it did to Karius. In fact, on at least 3 occasions, he kicked the ball out for corners, in sheer desperation, when other options were available. I only saw Carra, give up a corner once, and that came about as a deflection.
    So, I'm actually concerned on the performance of Lovren, when you think about the lads, who actually played like Agger, Carra, Stevie G, etc, that a first team starter, was the poorest.
    Food for thought.

2. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

When a game is played at a leisurely pace and 3 retired players can keep up, then their natural abilities can show their polish.

Lovren is a RCB though and right-footed. He shouldn't be playing on the left side.

Regardless he is decent enough to stay. Good 2nd string behind Sakho / Matip

3. costared

costared TIA Reserve Team

I doubt it will be Sakho. Pity but there you go. We definitely need another top class CB.