PRE-MATCH: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (Sunday 23 April 1630 ko)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by SirBillShankly, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

We go again......

Another cup final, one big banana skin of a game. They recently stuffed Arsenal 3-0, won away at West Brom and of course Chelsea. Not to be underestimated at all. Fortunately for us the Big Man, Sakho, currently the rock of their defence will be missing. I can't see any reason to change our team. Hopefully we will stick with a flat back 4.No doubt Benteke will be outstanding, however he's facing the Mighty Migs who will hopefully deny him and our Brazilian Boys will do the business once again.

2-1 to our Redmen

............................Mignolet.....................
    Clyne...........Matip............Lovren............Milner
    ...............................Lucas.................................
    .................Can........................Wijnaldum..........
    .......Coutinho.........Origi............Firmino...........

2. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Aren't we excited..... I am not going to put any names down till closer to the day. Not wanting to jinx any of our players. But I know for damn sure that Sakho is not going to play and so is Scott Dan.

redfanman likes this.
  3. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Slapping the smile off the face of a third arsewipe manager in consecutive games would be perfect,2-0 to Firmino.

4. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

@SirBillShankly , its abit early for this thread, I have just recovered from the final third of the heart stopping WBA match. I am glad Sakho is not in it, it would have been abit awkward.

I think this match is a tough one as well. Also, as we are playing at home which is supposed to be an advantage, I hope it doesn't burden our boys much and hope they stay focused on the task they have to do.

5. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Another tough game in Crystal palace londoners having good form coming into this hame, though muck football all the same from fat Sam.. if there was one manager I would like to get relegated it would be him.

3 neanderthal managers in row ,
    I do hope there's less pressure with points dropped from other teams coming into this game

Nur der BvB09 and Alright Now like this.
  6. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Whats the deal with Sakho's availability?

Hopefully Sakho can't play against us, for all his off field antics he is still a very good defender, and the difference he makes to Palace is very noticable, just look at the upturn in their form since he's been there. BFS will set up defensively, and will have his team well drilled regardless of whether or not Sakho plays. We need to be very alert at the back. Palace's attacking strengths lie in counter attacking and the form of their wingers (Townsend and Zaha have both been playing well this season) and in Benteke who has scored 14 for them this season. If we're sensible and keep our heads we should run riot against their weakened back four. If not they'll do as much damage to us as we do to them. Either a win for us or a draw, depending on how sensibly we defend.

7. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Premier League has a rule against players playing against their parent club, so Sakho sits.

8. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Well that makes our task easier :-)

9. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

They'll be dangerous on the break but threadbare at the back, probably Martin Kelly and Damien Delaney at CB. If we take our chances I can see us getting 3 or 4 and that would be enough.

Nur der BvB09 likes this.
  10. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Zaha is a worry but Milner tends to do well against that type of player. Their back 5 looks a bit average, should be plenty of chances in it for us. Same team as West Brom, don't over commit the full backs, get Lucas dropping onto Benteke to win all the headers. As long as we don't give them loads of space on the break we should be okay.

Nur der BvB09 and redfanman like this.
  11. RMP

RMP TIA First Team

City and Arsenal will be off on FA Cup duty this weekend, while Utd face a tough trip to Turf Moor. Another opportunity to put some more distance between us and the rest.

Nur der BvB09 and redfanman like this.
  12. shachart

shachart Our greatest win

This is not a banana skin, this is an honest to god tough match. Just ask Arsenal.

I think the key for this match and the rest of the remaining home matches will be the fans. If Anfield will be quit, with everybody half expecting us to cruise through, it will catch on to the players. If Anfield will be like a european match or playing Utd, we will crush them.
    At this point in the season, it is all about how much energy you are able to bring out of you. A load Anfield will make sure players are energized.

13. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Could still happen. Apart from us, they've got Tottenham at home and both Manc clubs away, as well as a relegation 6-pointer home to Hull. I'm sure we will do our bit to send them down with Boro and S'land. It'll be far from easy but we should win.

14. Gazmaninaus

Gazmaninaus Well-Known Member

After the great result over the weekend, we really must be all guns blazing for this. I know, they have been in good form recently, but so have we. We have actually racked up some decent results, a blip with Bournemouth, but, good wins from that tough fixture list.
    A little bit worried, about the form of United, they seem to be coming home with a wet sail, and likewise, Arsenal, seem to be nicking points, so we need to be on our game.
    I like the fact, things are ticking over at the moment. No real, new injuries, one game a week, and hopefully, start to see, Henderson and Lallana, soon.

15. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Same team as last week please but more creation without giving Palace room to hit us on the sucker punch

There defence will surely give us chances, another clean sheet and we should have 3 more points

16. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I can't see them going down. They have too much firepower and are relatively solid. Well capable of taking points off the Manchester clubs too!

boston red and Scott Jones like this.
  17. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

So what we know so far from this thread is that Palace are a potential bananaskin, that we should beat 2-0 but it will be a tough game, but their defense is threadbare and we'll have loads of chances though they'll probably get relegated apart from being able to take points off United and City which will keep them up. Either way it's a great opportunity to wipe the smile of the face of their shithouse manager, unless Benteke is outstanding and comes back to haunt us.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  18. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

and that's ALL from Makati!

redbj, Jimmyscase, Mascot88 and 6 others like this.
  19. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

Im confident of winning this game after beating Stoke and WBA !! (If I had written that a few years ago I would have got slaughtered for thinking too small scale, and that our performances against the top teams were more important) ... well, today we have a near perfect record against the top 5(6?) (7?), AND we won away to Stoke, WBA and Pullis.

But the biggest argument is- cast your mind back to "we are Liverpool la la la lala", to Rodgers Egoism and that Palace game !! yes, THAT game !!! well, with Klopp in charge, that just isnt going to happen a second time !!!

And finally, Palace are 7 points clear of relegation, and the teams below have 5 games left. So, they are pretty safe, and I think the new manager effect will wear off at Anfield.

Maria, SBYM, Scott Jones and 2 others like this.
  20. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Not an easy game but we're pretty boss at Anfield having won 11 of 16 and only 1 loss (i believe during the shit show against Swansea) while Palace have only won 5 of 16 on the road.Though they're definitely in good form so are we and we're playing at Anfield so we'll take the 3 points.

SBYM likes this.
  21. lfc.eddie

Plural mate, plural....

redfanman, Chewbazza and Scott Jones like this.
  22. The Flying Pig

The Flying Pig Well-Known Member

Any chance Lallana or Henderson putting in an appearance or are the LFC medical team holding them hostage on the Daniel Sturridge Memorial Ward.

Jimmyscase and geebo like this.
  23. redshirt

redshirt Member

No on loan Sakho for palace. What does worry me is that diver young has said manure will finish in the top 3.:yawn:

24. indianscouser

indianscouser Oh ya Beautttty!!

few games remaining now and we need to get maximum points.
    Arsenal will be 3 points behind us if they win their remaining games and UTD will be on same points as us.
    So, lets get maximum points now so that UTD and Arsenal have to win their games (They have some big games left).
    Also, Its important that we are in touch with City. cant emphasize how important it is to come 3rd as coming 4th means we could potentially have a tough qualification round.
    Going to be a tough one, a high scoring one in my opinion as Palace are without the their regular CB's.
    Id go with same team vs WBA. May be Henderson instead of Lucas if he is fit.

25. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

As with the previous two matches, I'll take three points here first and foremost and not worry about how we get them. Scrappy 1-0 with a deflection off Lucas' arse and no other shots on target? I'd take that in a heartbeat.

That said, I suspect we'll do rather better than that, Fat Sam or no Fat Sam. Third twat manager in a row to get beaten by us.

I also think that if we win this, I'd put us firmly in the driving seat for top 4.

Red Armada, redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  26. lfc.eddie

Clyne, Milner and whoever guarding Cabeye will be key in this game. If we don't give out cheap free kicks to Cabeye, and stop Townsend and Zaha from providing those cut backs and crosses, Benteke will be useless. For me these are key battles. Origi should have a lot of freedom if they cannot field Dan in the defence. Cut off their source of threat and bully their defenders.

27. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Every match from here on out is huge. Europe's biggest stage is on the line.

We can't have a repeat of Bournemouth. This is winnable for us.

Let's go Liverpool! Go out there and get the full 3 points lads!

We didn't show much offensively in the last match, who do you reckon will step up?

I imagine Coutinho, if fit could make a big impact in this one.

28. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

Just get the 3 points any way we can. 1 off Bentekes big arse into his own net will do. Just get the points and move on.

29. shachart

shachart Our greatest win

While I agree that getting the 3 points is the most important thing, I think it is also important to keep an eye on the goal difference.
    The way things are right now, assuming UTD win their 2 games in hand they will have the same points as we do, which means GD will be a factor. If they win those 2 just by 1 goal, the GD will be just 3 , that is not enough.
    So while I understand why the team and Klopp set the team to sit back and hold a fragile lead, I think it might be a good idea to work on extending that lead.

30. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

That is very much enough, considering we have scored far more goals than they have (not sure if it goes on goals scored or head to head first but we win either way).

We already know the dangers of chasing GD recklessly vs Palace. We need not worry about GD at all at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.