PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Bournemouth (EPL Wed 05/04/17 8pm UK)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Jase, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Crunch Time

Must win. A phrase we hear a lot; we use a lot. It carries arguably more weight now though.

Liverpool don't play any of the other top 7 clubs in our run-in, meaning a draw can't take points off our rivals.

The last time we met Bournemouth, we endured a horrific final 15 minutes, capitulating a 1-3 lead to lose 4-3 in injury at the Vitality Stadium.

We could see it coming, heads dropped, concentration disappeared. Credit to Bournemouth for pulling it off, but fuck me, was it hard to watch.

This time will be different. There will be no loss of focus, no collective brain fart. Bournemouth are in for a rough ride.

With Henderson and Lallana still injured and Sturridge and Mane also likely to miss this game, our injury situation doesn't look great, but Bournemouth don't pack the box with a low block. They usually try to play football, meaning there will be space in behind for the likes of Origi, Coutinho and Firmino to exploit. Can's looked more consistent and up for it in recent matches and Wijnaldum should continue his fairly impressive season. Also worth remembering he likes scoring at home.

Lucas...

He'll probably start, If he's played in a midfield role he'll do fine. There. Done. Move on.

Defense should be unchanged from the Everton match, with Lovren's return from injury meaning a settled back four for the remainder of the season.

Possible Lineup

..................Origi

Coutinho.............Firmino

.....Wijnaldum......Can

................Lucas

Milner....Lovren....Matip....Clyne

...................Mignolet

It's also worth taking a look at the other fixtures.

[​IMG]

Man Utd (H) play Everton the day before on Tuesday evening, so we'll know where we stand on that one. Could be interesting. United still in a bit of an injury/suspension "crisis" and may decide to focus more on the Europa League than the EPL to achieve ECL qualification, though it's a bit early for that imo. Everton have a habit of rolling over for United, but they'll be smarting after the derby game and may come out looking to prove a point.

Arsenal (H) are playing West Ham. Can't see anything other than a kicking here. WestHam are in free fall at the moment and Arsenal, at home, against a weaker team should be a cricket score, irrespective of the stuff that's going on off the field.

Swansea (H) take on Tottenham. I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say Swansea will win this one. They're 17th and desperate for points. They're also capable of playing well and can hurt a bigger team on their day. Spurs are due a reality check. Kane's continued absence must hurt them sooner or later.

Chelsea (H) play Man City. It shouldn't be, but it's probably gonna be the most boring game of the season, but honestly... Not a clue.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

bring.it.on.

jabu, Scott Jones and SBYM like this.
  3. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Origi for Mane and 3 points please

Like to see Grujic get the last quarter from the bench

If we adopt a similar pragmatic approach to the Everton game pretty sure we will win this by two or 3 goals

4. Eintrachtfan

Eintrachtfan The convinced one

I think it was a decent and impressing performance against Everton. I'm glad it was not an outstanding game from us. In this case I would worry about the Bournemouth clash. We have seen the from sky high to saddened to death unfortunately too often this season.
    From what I've seen on saturday gives me hope for the rest of the season. If we play like against the bluenoses I am very sure we gain a top four berth.

Scott Jones and Livvy like this.
  5. RedBaron

RedBaron Curse you RedBaron!!!!

After the Lord mayor's show and all that......
    I have a feeling for a tight game, 2-0 or 2-1 to us, we never do things easy. Look out for Ibe who will be trying hard for a place and that Fraser bloke who plays like a Scottish Messi whenever he's against us.
    Could be an interesting team selection from Klopp.

6. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

There is a lot for the players to make amends for. That defeat isn't forgotten, and I for one am still angry when thinking about how they accepted to be humiliated like that.

Nevermind the injuries hampering us, everyone at LFC should be itching to take revenge, and honestly: if the eleven players on the pitch on Wednesday night can't show enough anger and passion to properly swipe this lot away, then they don't deserve anything, and certainly not to take part in the CL next season.

7. Eintrachtfan

Eintrachtfan The convinced one

You're very harsh, Hope. Shit can happen, though I don't believe it.

SBYM likes this.
  8. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Fuck I love mid-week football.

:celebrating:

Pecl, StrongINTheAir and Scott Jones like this.
  9. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

We'll hear the news on Mane today. Hopefully we can have Sturridge back involved soon, even on the bench with his unlock & finish qualities. Need everyone who's available to do a job for the team and give us at least a little push, this top 4 fight could go right until the end. Nice for Origi to get that goal and some confidence. Looking at our younger/backup players, we have Grujic back, Stewart is also there. Trent now regularly gets a spot on the bench ahead of the second midfielder, even with Moreno there. There could be some minutes for any of Woodburn, Ojo or Wilson, depending on what qualities we need and their reaction when given a chance. Ojo's asked Klopp what he needs to do and responded well apparently to Klopp wanting him to run more, use his speed. Klopp said he noticed it. Wilson continues having a consistently quality season on the right of a front 3 for U23's. No need to say that we'll have to rotate a bit now after the international break, the derby, this game and then Stoke away on Saturday. Hopefully we get good news with Mane and then make the right decisions who to pick for the next 2 games. After that we'll have 8 days to regroup and properly prepare again.

Hope in your heart and Livvy like this.
  10. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

With Everton, this and Stoke away on Saturday I hope we don't fall into the trap that we did at Xmas time and try and play the same 11 for all three matches. Our level definitely dropped and I think they'll be a tweak or two in selection.

With Mane out, Origi comes in but I expect Moreno, Klavan, TAA and maybe Woodburn to start in one of these matches, maybe Moreno in this one and one or two of the others on Saturday.

Interesting that TAA came in on the right of the front three in the Derby, anyone fancy him playing there against Bournemouth?

Edit @Zoran the timing of the posts makes it look like I've pinched a couple of your points - sorry mate!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  11. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Looking a bit closer into it, the good thing at least is that our defence should be alright. Clyne didn't play for England. Matip, Lovren and Milner were all with us last week. Only Coutinho and Firmino played almost the maximum of minutes in Brazi's two games. Mane (1 full friendly?) and Wijnaldum (45mins in Bulgaria and 90mins against Italy I think) played some parts, Can was used just a bit. Origi is fresh.

Jase and Scott Jones like this.
  12. Mystryman01

Mystryman01 Active Member

U-23's playing tonight, so think that'll give us a clue on who could be making the bench for Wednesday

Livvy and Jase like this.
  13. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

good point.. report back please

14. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I agree it is a must win. I can see three points for Arsenal, Man u and spurs, City Chelsea could go either way. We have trickier games than this ahead so just hoping for a professional 2-0. Hopefully no more injuries.

15. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I don't think there is much need to rest players for this one. I think this is our last midweek of the season?

Such a shame Mane is out, as this is exactly the kind of game that I'd like to see Coutinho deeper for.

Coutinho Origi Firmino
    Can Wijnaldum
    Lucas
    Milner Lovren Matip Clyne
    Mignolet. ​

jabu, Pecl, Lowton_Red and 2 others like this.
  16. Mascot88

The City v Chelsea game is a real headscratcher.

The sensible thing would be to hope Chelsea crush them, but then again a City win makes things very interesting. A draw is probably the best outcome.

jabu and Chewbazza like this.
  17. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Team is picking itself at the moment with the injuries we have. Down to bare bones, really. Agree that Mascot's team above is the most likely lineup.

It would be nice if we got two or three without reply, and could bring on the likes of TAA, Woodburn and perhaps Grujic in the second half for a bit of a run-out.

Alright Now likes this.
  18. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

He's proving to be a very versatile player. He didn't look out of place on Saturday, and was unlucky not to score.
    So I fancy him to start, just not sure in what position.:think:

Scott Jones likes this.
  19. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

No need for any rotation in this one, although Stoke may prove a problem. We just have to win this with 2 difficult aways coming up.
    Same team as Saturday with Origi in for Mane. Can took a bit of a kicking but hopefully he's ok, I've made no secret of what I think of his Liverpool career so far but credit where it's due he's been excellent the last 3 games.
    Firminho can't be any less effective than he was against the bitters so if the front 3 all click I'm confident we'll get 3 points. Bournemouth shouldn't be under-estimated though, they've acquitted themselves well in their last 2 aways after being taken apart by Barcelona at Goodison.

20. richieh10

richieh10 Active Member

It's simple - must win

SBYM likes this.
  21. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Not too good away from home these cherries,4-1 with Coutinho getting a couple,Origi hopefully will step up and find some form as we need him to.

SBYM, Alright Now and Jase like this.
  22. StrongINTheAir

StrongINTheAir The voice of reason

With the other midweek matchups going on, and a chance for revenge, Thursday could be a very happy day after.
    Saw ESPN last night and they gave us a <1% chance to win the league, but a 84% chance of finishing in the Top 4.
    By contrast they estimate ManUre at a 21% and Gooners at a 18% chance of making the top 4.
    This week goes right and all those numbers will improve in our regards

Eintrachtfan, Alright Now and Livvy like this.
  23. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Didn't one of their players talk smack after the game when they won 4-3? i seem to vaguely remember someone making a remark about us.

Liverpool need to be angry and come out firing and put those idiots in their place...in the loss column.

Alright Now likes this.
  24. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Like to see Henderson start if he is available

25. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

if the team perform, we win, should be simple but liverpool never seem to do it the simple way. I reckon we will have a scare or two during this game but am confident we can come away with three points, im going with 3-1 same scoreline as the Everton game.
    Alternatively to a lot on here I would rather rotate for this game if we have to rotate, Stoke away looks a harder game on paper and I would rather all first team players available for that one, give TAA another chance on the right of the front three, if not him then maybe woodburn, I would give Moreno this game and keep Milner for Stoke. Unfortunately we don't have many options to change the midfield for this game but if we are ahead comfortably give grujic an opportunity for twenty mins- half hour.

Scott Jones likes this.
  26. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Whether we perform or not. Take the lead and keep it this time round. A little effort here and there should suffice.

StrongINTheAir likes this.
  27. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

Our line up could be vastly different from the last go around. We were missing Phil and Matip then. Also, Karius started. Lallana came on as a sub for Super Mane in the 69th minute. Lucas started at center back. Of course, we had Hendo and Sadio then and we probably don't now.

Please, keep that Fraser kid under wraps this time.

Scott Jones likes this.
  28. indianscouser

indianscouser Oh ya Beautttty!!

Is Sturridge fit?
    Id like to see him start. With Mane out, we need a goal scorer. Sturridge is the most natural goal scorer we have.
    If i were klopp, id tell him, go prove your worth. Ideal time for danny to lead the line.
    Origi is good, but id rather have Sturridge have a crack and rediscover his form.

Having said that:
    ...................Migs....................
    Clyne.......Matip..Lovren....Milner
    ..Can....Wijnaldum...Coutinho...
    .....Firmino...Origi...Sturrdige/Ojo

2-1 to us. Firmino and Wijnaldum.

29. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

He's somewhere in your neck of the woods...you should ask him if he'll be right.

30. Mascot88

lollollollol

jabu, StrongINTheAir, Druss and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.