PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Everton - 1/4/2017

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by ubermick, Mar 22, 2017.

?

Likely Result?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2017.
  1. Easy win

18.1%
  2. Tight win

62.9%
  3. Draw

14.3%
  4. Tight loss

3.8%
  5. Big loss

1.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Fuck the international break. Time for our semi annual battering of the team that's a very small step above Tranmere Rovers. They've been on a hot streak of form lately, so will feel slightly bad about slapping that out of them. Last time they visited our patch they were on the end of a 4-0 beating that should have been a lot higher, and they haven't beaten us in the league since 2010, and haven't walked away from Anfield with three points since 1999.

Off ye go.

2. richieh10

richieh10 Active Member

3-1 I say.

Can't even imagine us keeping a clean sheet these days

Couts needs to actually step up, think he'll bang one in, Firmino and Mane!

C'mon

3. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

We just need to pretend they are a top team,they will be confident but that just means a bigger bubble to burst,3-1 to us.

4. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

The strange thing is that for the vast majority of the Anfield derbies since 1999, I have had a quiet feeling of dread - against all evidence really. But this one does look tight, we have not played well against a team we are supposed to beat for a while, they have indeed been looking good.

5. Shostakovich

Shostakovich Banned Users

Draw forme - they're in v good form righ t now and we're in indifferen t form. Recen t history says a win for us, but Koeman has a clue, unlike previous Ev managers

6. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

No excuse for a lack of motivation with the passing of Ronnie. You would assume there will be some form of tribute.

If the memory of that man can't inspire effort then nothing will. Then with a bit of luck the three points should sort themselves out.

7. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Went for big loss.
    It will feel like one to me even if we beat them 2-1 like I think we will. If we don't thrash them something like 4-1 it always feels like we've lost to those toffees to me.
    (Our form says they will score at least 1 grrrr).

8. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

We should win this one at home, but we have to watch out for Lukaku - the lad is on fire and will surely get his move to a big club next season.

t34m43 and inaiq like this.
  9. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

You think so? I am not so sure if these bunch of players we have today even know who he is if they are not being told daily about him. I doubt Bugsy's passing will add any motivation to these bunch. But if playing Everton isn't enough to get them all fired up, they should just all leave the club.

Fester likes this.
  10. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

I will reserve my judgement until the 3-4 days leading up to the game. He is my favourite player at the club, but if Lallana has his 4 obligatory newspaper articles telling the world how we have our mojo back and we are awesome, then I will expect a different result than if we have a week of media silence.

You could argue having articles in the papers shouldn't make a difference, but to me it shows a real lack of focus of the job at hand. Let your fucking actions do the talking!

11. DeathOrGlory

DeathOrGlory Fortune Favours the Brave

To be honest i doubt Lallana goes out searching for journos to speak to, rather he's being forced to give them for the club... and yes giving generic answers but what do you want him to say? "YESSS we're gonna TWAT these SCUMBAGGGS! COOOOME OOOOON YOU REDS!" ?

Scott Jones and redbj like this.
  12. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Keep the same side, but bring Lovren back in for Klavan (who is also out on international duty this week). Hopefully we'll have Henderson ready in the next game or two.

Hoping for a nice mosaic on the Kop for Ronnie.

13. Craigy_Boy_92

Craigy_Boy_92 Member

Should be winning this game especially being at home. Everton are a good side but so are Spurs, Arsenal and City. Beat all them at home. I know its easy to think like that but we should be winning this. The crowd will be bouncing for it.

2 home games in a row. We HAVE to get 6pts out of them.

14. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

What's wrong with "No I don't want to talk right now as I have a big game to prepare for" if asked by a journo? And if the club is intentionally creating these articles, for what purpose?

15. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

MS derby games are unpredictable for a variety of factors. Keep in mind that this fixture produces more red cards than any other. You can play well from the start, then the occasion gets too much for one player who makes a rash red card tackle and its practically game over. These things have happened. Add to that Lukaku won't need an invite to bang in a couple against us. I think we will win but I don't think I personally could be confident about it.

Craigy_Boy_92 likes this.
  16. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Smash the bitter fuckers.

17. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

I never get why people say this.

Everton haven't won at Anfield for 18 years. It's been one of the most predictable fixtures of my lifetime. Even with a Gerrard red card after 18 minutes in 2006 we beat these fuckers 3-1.

18. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

'Unpredictable' in the sense that they managed to get 10 draws against us in the last 10 years?

19. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

So we don't win every game against them, making this 'unpredictable'? Pretty much every side we face is unpredictable then. Facing Wolves is more unpredictable than Everton.

At Anfield it's either a low scoring draw or a Liverpool win, it's been that way for 17 years. Seems about as predictable as a top flight football match gets. It's more unpredictable at Goodison, but this fixture isn't being played at Goodison.

Not saying Everton can't win but in recent history this particular fixture has been easier to call than most others.

redwhiteley7 likes this.
  20. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Look whos coming to town the Blue shite ! shit_preview_featured.jpg

That's it for now I'll weigh in later.

21. kwala

kwala TIA Regular

They are 2 years off a 20th anniversary dvd release. Let's not spoil that for them!

How the fuck is 1999 nearly 20 years ago?

I can see us clicking soon and handing out a beating. Coutinho will come good again soon. Let's hope this is the game!

22. ubermick

We're getting old is why... driving home yesterday, listening to the Joshua Tree, and realizing it came out 30 years ago. Jesus wept.

23. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Toy Story is old enough now to drink legally in the US.

Remember seeing that at the cinema... and I wasn't that young, either.

24. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Didn't know we're about to play the Smurfs..... ;-)

25. boston red

Apologies Eddie that was as dirty as I could get.

Actually drinks some blue dye buddy get back to us

26. boston red

best now not get experimental let's just say everything comes close to blue shite.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  27. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

I was having a laugh at their appalling record at Anfield, and that we should be disappointed to have drawn some, but carry on.

28. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Another way to think about it - when you are a young man listening to the Joshua Tree on your radio, and you head some old fart playing some baby-boomer playing Hey Jude on their car stereo, did you think they were old and stuck in their tastes? That baby boomer was 10 years more up to date than you. You are listening to the Everly Brothers...

Have they really not won at Anfield since 1999? Just doesn't feel that way.

29. ubermick

Hah! I did make the transition to "The stuff they play on the radio these days is absolute noise, not like the music I grew up with" phase about 5-6 years ago. I'm in full GERROFFMYLAWN mode.

There's still a lot of good new bands out there though - just getting harder and harder to find. If it's a few human beings with guitars and drums and sampling is avoided, I'll give it a listen.

And nope, the bitters have not tasted the sweetness of victory on our patch since then. I actually remember that match, Westerweld got sent off for a punch up with Francis the Rat Jeffers, that little shit. Gerrard was sent off as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merseyside_derby#Full_list_of_results

30. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Not sure you was though but it was funny anyway.:well done:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.