PRE-MATCH: West Brom v Liverpool (Sunday 16 April 1330 ko)

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by SirBillShankly, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Another massive game, another cup final. West Brom have lost their last 2 but before that they defeated Arsenal here 3-1 and held United to a goalless draw at Old Trafford, so this will be another tough physical test.

I hope we go back to a flat back 4 , none of that 3 CB nonsense and we need to start better than we have in recent games, and Gini, no more brainfarts please.

If we play well we'll have too much going forward for them, Coutinho and Origi have now found some form , Sturridge is back and with Coutinho and Firmino well rested you can see them doing the business for us once again can't you? If Lallana and Hendo are unavailable I would go with:

...............................Mignolet...........................
    Clyne............Matip................Lovren.............Milner
    ...............Can...........Lucas......Wijnaldum...........
    .....Coutinho.............Firmino.................Origi.........

3-1 to the Redmen.

Ed@Ko, LaurazRed, legalalien and 5 others like this.
  2. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

Agree with the team, another tough game and would be a massive momentum and mental boost for top four if we take three points. we win 1-2 again I think.

Ed@Ko likes this.
  3. redaderry

redaderry Well-Known Member

It's maybe a bit early to call the lineup but comforting to know the the Brazilians are likely to be available. It would be nice to see team nivea back in midfield but that's probably a bit premature. I agree about the flat back four too.

Ed@Ko likes this.
  4. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Lallana should be back for this game but thats the team I would go with we looked very sold against Everton and Bournemouth with that team so I am happy with that away from home.

Any victory here and we truly are in pole position for top 4 if were not already

5. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

As with the Stoke game, I don't expect anything against a team which is truly a bogey team for us. Or rather, Pulis is the archetypical bogey manager for us. He'll tell his big thugs to intimidate our players, and of course, the ref will let them do what they want, 'English football' and all that... if there is a game in the season of which I don't expect anything, it's that one.

But as in Stoke, if the lads can be up for a genuine scrap and fight for every inch on the pitch, then their better technical quality can maybe shine through eventually... Also, West Brom are now safe, which means their season is petering out more and more, and they seem to struggle to score goals at the moment. So, in my book, it's the first goal which will decide the game. If our lads can score it, then we have a chance to get something out of it.

As far as I'm concerned, expectation for this game = 0
    But the hope that we can somehow scrape through again and get three immensely important points is very much there though! :-)

Ed@Ko, 104TOSH, Jase and 5 others like this.
  6. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Oh Hope, usually @lfc.eddie is the pessimistic one, I am hoping WBA players go in holiday mode by the time they play us. Stay hopeful.

Ed@Ko, legalalien, 104TOSH and 3 others like this.
  7. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "┬┐Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I've passed my baton to @Hope in your heart and @Nikola, they are doing mighty well indeed.

In that predictor thing that was posted in the Run In thread, I had this down as us getting only a point, and that's me being optimistic. They are not unbeatable, but we are not exactly a team that likes to play against physical side. Long ball, tight defence and a lot of crosses, all of which are our weaknesses. It would not be an easy 3 points and Klopp has yet to learn how to adapt to teams like this without Mane. They score quite a lot at home with 27 home goals, equalling City, while we concede 24 away from home. So not going to be a walk in the park even though they are already safe.

8. Makati Red

This is our toughest fixture left thi season playing the 8th best placed team in the PL away from home and a Pulis team at that who just loves stuffing LFC

However there are sone positive pluses

WBA are safe and will be expected to attack us rather than stifle us

Also like Watford yesterday if we can get a couple of goals up they probably dobt fight as hars as they did agaibst us at Anfield

THe secret is not to give them an early goal and something to hang on to

WIn this and we are in position A

dandmc9 likes this.
  9. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

Agree with everything in the OP, revert to a back 4 and try and starve them of set-pieces.
    Arsenal and the manc scum will both have played hard games by the time we kick off so a point here might not be too shabby.

10. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Expectation for this game = 0?

Hope mate, I reckon it's high time you changed your name to Despair in your heart.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  11. Billy Biskix

Billy Biskix TIA Youth Team Valued Member

They're a team of cunts that's managed by a cunt. This will be bloody awful to watch. There'll be a queue of players round the block trying to put Coutinho in hospital. Don't care how we do it but just win and get out of there with no broken bones.

12. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Some heart in mouth stuff again with some stand out performances from a few and a bit of six yard box mayhem,i think we will win but have no fucking clue how and with who in the team but i expect the unexpected,their manager is a major fucking plum.

Ed@Ko, Jase, James H and 2 others like this.
  13. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

This is one of those games when the calendar comes out you look at and say "ugh", because you know it's going to be a pain in the ass.

I'd take a tie out of this one since they'll probably go with a 10-0-0 formation and we could have a hard time getting through the wall.

14. richieh10

richieh10 Member

We need an early goal.

I'm
    Not that bother about them I think they are one of our weaker opponents left even tho they have had a decent season.

We're going for Champuons League - WBA away should be a stroll in the park.

4 at the back please no fucking about.

Would rather see sturridge play that Origi

15. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Every next game seems to be our toughest fixture. It is draining being a weary Liverpool supporter.

16. Makati Red

We should be enjoying it first time since Suarez were competing for something in the PL at this time of the season

17. redaderry

redaderry Well-Known Member

The last time they beat us was over four years ago in February 2013. Since then we've beaten them three times and drawn four. #justsayinlike

18. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Had them as a draw in the predictor. But having dispatched Stoke in such convincing fashion, I feel a win isn't unobtainable.

104TOSH, James H, Alright Now and 2 others like this.
  19. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Cheers redaderry, that cheered me up. Whenever I see Pulis, I keep thinking of a sinister character out of the Grimm's fairytales, who will ruin everything for us.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  20. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

A tip of the Liverbird cap to SirBillShankly for refocusing us. Just stay healthy this week, stay away from the press, get back in the groove with the 4-3-3, show up with fresh legs for heavy metal football, and we'll be fine.

And, please, some positive developments on Lallana and Hendo.

21. Alright Now

Draining and enjoying go hand in hand.

22. Alright Now

If theirs is a plum, ours is a peach.

By the way, are you all awake watching Justin Rose or are we unable to sleep for the next 6 weeks?

Maria, Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  23. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Would't mind Sergio Garcia winning it tbh.

3-1 to reds.:-)

104TOSH, James H and Alright Now like this.
  24. Alright Now

But if John Daly was playing, I'm guessing he'd be your man. Just a hunch.

Scott Jones likes this.
  25. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

15-0, we finish this season as we'll maintain all the way through the next. Juggernaut time with Can absolutely bossing it :-)

104TOSH and Alright Now like this.
  26. ptt

English victory here :-)

Alright Now likes this.
  27. Alright Now

In other words, while Scott Jones is looking for Sergio's ball in the azalea, the rich are about to get richer.

Scott Jones likes this.
  28. ptt

Rich? Me? Ha! Rich in life, poor in pocket :-)

Ed@Ko and Alright Now like this.
  29. RMP

RMP TIA First Team

Is Hendo anywhere near close to returning?

Would like to see him and/or Lallana getting a few minutes here. I am not so nervy about this one as I was about the last one. Reason being WBA only motivation here will be to stick it to us.

We should have enough technical ability to deal with them and I am happy Can is showing some form as well as I think he will be a very important player for this one.

Ed@Ko, Maria and redfanman like this.
  30. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Hoping we have no more hiccups this season and am reasonably confident that we can deal with West Brom.
    Wont be a walk in the park,we'll need to earn the points for sure.
    Hopefully we might see a little of Lallana here and Hendo is not far away.
    Do agree we need to go back to the flat back 4 too!
    Pleasing that Can seems to be out of the doldrums,been pretty useful of late.
    2-0 to us!

Ed@Ko and Alright Now like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.