Premier League 2016/17

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Nikola, Jul 8, 2016.

1. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Beat Boro, anything else is irrelevant.

FGred, SBYM, The Elusive 19th and 2 others like this.
  2. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Sneijder and Coutinho were sold to fund Kovacic purchase who was then sold to Real 2 years later. Kovacic, despite @Nikola 's cravings has largely been underwhelming - imho - so far in his career. Nik can add on the player and suggest whether he is a success or failure.

redfanman and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  3. LFCFFC

LFCFFC New Member

Well that was fairly predictable.

It's nice that Arsenal's hopes have been dragged along right until the very end. It's also nice that Liverpool get to be the team to crush them.

Pulis once again meets his mortal enemy - 40 points in a premier league season.

redfanman, Scott Jones, SBYM and 2 others like this.
  4. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Poor Moyesy. He was but 20 minutes away from sealing his status as a footballing genius amongst Liverpool fans. Oh well, better luck next time Davey.

FGred, Livvy and redfanman like this.
  5. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

No shame in playing second fiddle to Modrić, who has been the best central midfielder in the world this season. Kovačić was good whenever called upon this season, though I wonder if he merely chose the easy way, being a squad player at a big club and not someone who can lead the team - which I think he's well equipped to do. Ironically, I believe he'd be great in Klopp's system in Wijnaldum's role but I'd say that ship has sailed for Liverpool.

The Elusive 19th and redfanman like this.
  6. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

7. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

8. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

In all honesty, I would be ecstatic is Pogba was our player. Trying to emulate Dennis Rodman's looks aside, he has a rare combination of skill and build that is ideal for a top PL central midfielder. He was wildly inconsistent this season, though, he had some fantastic games and then he had games like the one against us at Old Trafford. He's still being moved around too much by both Deschampes and Mourinho, though he reacted pretty well to it while he was at Juventus (clearer tactics, different system).

Kopstar likes this.
  9. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

When he arrived there were two marks against him:

1) he doesnt score, or even directly create, anywhere near as many goals as pretty much every other player in history who has been the subject of this sort of mega transfer.
    2) He had generally only thrived in a specific position alongside other players who did the things he does not.

You cannnot really change #1, and the signings Utd made in the summer suggested he was not going to be given this role, which is pretty much as has been the case. So I think are two issues. Utd maybe over spent for a sort of player who is always going to struggle to justify that sort of money in the eyes of most, and then largely misused him. He is a fantastic player, just not one that is going to win you a game by himself the way you expect players with similar transfers to be able to do.

FGred, norwegian wood and redfanman like this.
  10. pottymonster

pottymonster I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

I think he has Yaya potential written all over him, to be honest. I would take him in a heartbeat.

11. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Active Member

An awful smell of manure off him so he'd need to be well hosed down

12. Nevoo34

Nevoo34 Sleeping with the enemy

Fuck off Mourinho with your must rest players bullshit, cry me a fucking river you odious little prick.

A team full of international players with the exception of tunazebedee, a player he has only picked to emphasise his 'lack of depth and options'

What a cunt the man is.

To top it all off their fucking Sky Sports arse licking cunts buying his bullshit with their 'we'll keep you in touch with events at St Mary's as Jose Mourinho takes his depleted side to Southampton'

Jesus fucking Christ that starting line up must have cost £350m alone.

Boils my fucking piss.

13. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Looking at their front 5, Mhkitaryan and Fellaini are their cheapest options there, coming in at a mere 27 million each. Rooney cost them 30 and is on a 300k a week contract and Mata and martial together probably cost in the region of 80 million.

Their three centre backs cost around 50-60 million as well.

It's incredible what he can do with such limited talent at his disposal.

14. Nevoo34

Agreed, no wonder he has only a chance of finishing 6th with such a weak squad, they have no chance of beating a young Ajax team next week with all of their injuries and second choice buys.

Squad needs some serious surgery in the summer, another £300m should do it.

FGred, redfanman and inaiq like this.
  15. Nevoo34

You know what, av barely watched these fuckers this season but fuck me, they are so fucking shite, dull as fucking dish water and so fucking boring they would send a fucking glass eye to sleep.

redfanman likes this.
  16. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Active Member

I see manshit are hanging on for a glorious point at Southampton

FGred likes this.
  17. Krimson

Krimson • Supermané •

Another Jose bore draw. Mid-table shite. lol

18. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Happy happy happy. lol

19. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Glad I opted to watch the play off game. 0-0 written all over it. Southampton score no goals at home and United are shite.

20. redaderry

redaderry Well-Known Member

It's hard to imagine how any other manager would fair in the media having done so badly having spent so much and having the most expensive team in world sports. The fucker has them eating out of his hand.

21. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I propose Klopp after each game talks up our team and claims a win even when we dont. Then towards the end of the season he can claim we won the league with a record points total, even if we dont.

22. Strictly Armchair

Strictly Armchair Perspective and equilibrium

Jose’s Juniors triumph 0-0 at Saints

The perma-smiling Lusophonic chirpmeister led his youthful warriors (and Wayne Rooney) to a triumphant draw in tonight’s titanic tussle. Prior to facing up to Jose’s conquistadors, this crack Saints side had only failed to win 11 home league games this season. Claude ‘L’homme Gris’ Puel chose the occasion to not play a flat back nine, providing an even sterner test for poor Jose’s massively depleted team. The result further cemented their hold on 6th place in the table. Sketchy reports are coming in of there being dancing in the streets of West Cornwall after the full time whistle.

Tony Pulis, co-commentating on Hoof TV said, “You’ve got to admire the work he’s done on such limited resources, it’s a tremendous job to get as high as sixth. Although having said that he wouldn’t get as much praise if he was an under appreciated British coach with a name like Joe Morris”
    Martin Tyler, excited as excited could be after shouting ZLATAAAAAAN one too many times, had to depart in a hurry to take yet another pair of trousers to the dry cleaners

Full report to follow (on the match, not Martin Tyler’s trousers)

Robot Phobia, FGred, Livvy and 8 others like this.
  23. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

2 incredibly favourable cup runs have bought him some good will. Really though, fewer than 70 points with a squad that deep with those players is poor, even more so when you consider that those poor United fans have had to watch the dross he serves up. I know they've gone deep in 2 cups, but by and large they've played crap sides in those cups. The only decent side they played (City) had their kids out.

FGred, lfc.eddie, redfanman and 3 others like this.
  24. Nevoo34

Ex fucking actly

FGred likes this.
  25. LFCFFC

LFCFFC New Member

lol

Even the great John Carver would've mustered up more than 1 shot on target with a 200 million pound starting XI against Puel's Saints.

redfanman likes this.
  26. ShadesOfRed

ShadesOfRed TIA Youth Team

For the most part, yes, but Keane isn't having any of it.

27. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

What formation are Spurs going to be playing? I can't get my head around it from the team list. No full-backs or wing-backs?

28. Limiescouse

Possibly 3CBs with Son and Davies wing backs.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  29. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

BBC is showing Sissoko, not Song, as a wingback.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  30. Limiescouse

Even for as badly as Son played it against against Chelsea in the cup the other week I cannot imagine Poch thinking that lazy bastard is a better choice for WB than Son.

Arminius likes this.