Premier League 2016/17

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Nikola, Jul 8, 2016.

1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Nah I know you'd go for an English guy winning the golden boot over hoping that our rivals drop points from a non-English striker scoring more goals against our rival and win the golden boot.

2. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Even if that costs us top 4. Of course, Ed.
    I'm going for LFC getting a draw and arsenal winning.

3. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for Arsenal to finish 4th, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you.

4. RaoulDuke

5. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Hasn't he scored a hatrick against Arsenal before?

The Elusive 19th likes this.
  6. RaoulDuke

Now I have to look for the Anakin "I hate you" gif

:unhappy:

The Elusive 19th and redfanman like this.
  7. redfanman

According to Ft, Usmanov offered to buy Kroenke's shares in Arsenal for $1.3bn last month.

8. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Unless you're really grooveshark or that other closet gooner I think this is the wrong thread mate.

Usmanov is one of the few over there who have a genuine ambition to win stuff rather than just a shiny balance sheet.

9. redfanman

Agreed. Had some wider questions to ask off the back of my post - but maybe this post belongs in the PL thread? - Mods I'm happy to move it elsewhere if you thinks so.

i thought it interesting exactly because i see Usmanov as being ambitious and he has had plenty of opportunity to sell up and buy elsewhere but he hasnt, so FSG may need to up their game further if Kroenke sells up.

If Usmanov buys Arsenal, does that impact Everton as he had some financial dealing with their owner? Secondly, would Kroenke consider re-investing in the PL again (i.e could he be the partner FSG have looked for previously?)

Under FSG's ownership i think we have often felt Arsenal could be the side we could with a bit of work over take in the top 4 (now Spurs might get added to that if we are no longer including Man U?) but if Arsenal change owners is that still the case?

10. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

11. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

Dave-D, FGred, redfanman and 3 others like this.
  12. lfc.eddie

Jase and Irishanfield like this.
  13. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

It would be a double whammy, as not only is Usmanov as you stated, but it would get rid of the absolute cancer that is Kronke.

14. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Was watching Sky earlier. The bid has been rejected apparently as Kroenke wants to remain. Now is the time to really kick Arsenal in the teeth as a rival to us; keep them out of Champions League, star players wanting to leave, possible succession of manager having to be planned and brought through amidst an unliked and unwanted majority shareholder refusing to be moved on... Potentially the perfect storm to reduce our rival list by one for at least the next season or two.

15. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

I really cannot see this as likely. Kroenke essentially is the owner that EdWood and RedForever believe FSG to be. Not to say they are incorrect or otherwise, just that every single one of his teams is run in fairly similar way, whereas FSG clearly is more ambitious with Boston regardless of what your view of their management of LFC is. The Nuggets, Rams, and Avalanche are all far more profitable than they are successful as teams. Kroenke has even moved the Rams (back to LA) to make them more profitable. The only thing any of his teams won was the Stanley Cup by the Avalanche in 2001, not long after he bought them - absolutely not a team built on his watch.

I just cannot see Kroenke being that interesting to FSG. For that matter, I doubt Kroenke would be interested in putting money back into the PL. The number of clubs that you more or less know will never get relegated is very limited. From an investment point of view, there isn't a better one to put his money in than Arsenal. Big London club, big stadium, expensive seats, it has been a reliable Top 4 cash cow.

redfanman likes this.
  16. Limiescouse

And notably, both the Rams and Avalance were far more successful from a sporting success before he got his hands on them.

redfanman and Arminius like this.
  17. redfanman

Thanks Arminius, i dont know much about Kroenke. I was just thinking that he would be perhaps familiar with how FSG are structured (i'm guessing US sports may have similar structures in NFL/baseball?) and that was the only reason i considered it. I havent seen anything of Kroenke otherwise to want him here and after reading your post i'm pretty much i'm definitely hoping he doesnt come here.

18. Arminius

Actually, a structure like FSG's is really unusual. NFL ownership rules cap the number of owners, limit the types of corporation that can own them, and bar ownership in other sports - technically I believe Kroenke's son is the owner of the Rams. NHL ownership rules are somewhat more open, but every single team has at least one 40% shareholder. Baseball teams are as far as I can recall generally held by companies that exist for that purpose, while NBA owners are a mixed bag but generally of similar types.

The closest entities to FSG other than Kroenke's own are the Madison Square Garden company which owns the teams that play there (NHL. NBA) and the Illitch company that is a family firm that owns Detroit teams (MLB/NHL). FSG is unusual because it is not dedicated to one market, one sport, and while Henry is the largest shareholder, it is not at all his vehicle alone. I don't think FSG would touch him with a barge pole based on how he has conducted himself at Arsenal, even if they might share his views on managing the club. The open conflict with Usmanov is just not their style.

redfanman likes this.
  19. kingoftown

kingoftown Really good aimer.

As an Avalanche fan, I can absolutely confirm this. Not a well-run team at all.

20. Limiescouse

I spent my first 5 years in this country in St Louis, and he seems to have single handedly turned that town from one that supported its NFL team exceptionally well to one who now despise the NFL. A couple of times under his tenure they were Cleveland Browns type bad..."will they get a single win" style bad, and the Rams were still sold out every game. I think one year they got just 1 win, and the only non-sell out that season was for a game that clashed with a home Cards play off game. They way he treated that city has done more to help bring the MLS to that city than anyone involved in soccer could.

Arminius likes this.
  21. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

Apparently Mourinho will field up to 9 squad players including many youth players, today. Should be a fitting way to end the season.. getting tonked at home by Palace.

22. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

To be fair, I have a little bit of sympathy for... no, no I'm sorry, I couldn't get to the end of that sentence with a straight face.

FGred and Irishanfield like this.
  23. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Sorry the starting 11 will only cost 100 million more than our starting 11 will cost and not more then? Boo hoo feel so sorry for him with his massive, extortionate priced squad.

24. Arminius

25. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

Flaccid blue bitches. Take that!

FGred and mattyhurst like this.
  26. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

Is Fat Sam still covering his arse for the manure job?

FGred likes this.
  27. RaoulDuke

@lfc.eddie

I don't want to say "I told you so", but I told you so :J

We crush middlesbrough and are in the CL.
    Kane destroys hull and wins the golden golden boot a 2nd time in a row.

Wenger can retire and Lukaku plays in the EL without the golden boot.

And they all lived happily ever after.:-)

Livvy and FGred like this.
  28. Limiescouse

For Utd, you mean

RaoulDuke likes this.
  29. lfc.eddie

No you didn't, you wanted Kane to win golden boots and us in the champs league or not don't matter..... :well done:

30. RaoulDuke

Come again, I don't understand.

So you really believe I would rather have wanted to see Kane win the golden boot than us finish 4th?
    Is that what you just said?