Quincy Promes (AM) Spartak Moscow

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Mascot88, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Spends an awful lot of time on the left for a right winger!

..... then again Mane spends an awful lot of time on the right for a left winger!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. DanLFC

DanLFC Strafing ground targets

You do understand that we are only one side of the negotiation process dont you?

We can want him all we like but if Spartak are playing hardball then its going to take longer to get it him.

Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  3. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Nonsense, if Spartak play hardball, just find cheat code from the net. Use it and he'll be yours in no time.

redfanman and Mascot88 like this.
  4. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

Just out of interest - anyone here that actually follows the Russian League? Or seen more of him at Enschede? Seems he has a good reputation, but tbh I was slightly underwhelmed by that youtube compilation - but then these usually don't say that much about a player.

5. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

On the one hand, he doesn't look as good as Mane, while still having something about him... on the other hand that's probably what you want from a stand-in. I'm pretty neutral about this one in all honesty - I would like us to strengthen there this month, but I don't think he's a player who will come in and blow us all away.

Rather than Makati's 'if he didn't sign on 1st Jan then we don't want him' line, my thinking is that we've got our eyes on another target, and if that falls through may well move for Promes as a second-choice target in this window. Not sure who that would be, though.

6. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Due to family and friends living quite near the dutch border i know a bit about him. He was a highly rated talent in the holland U21 team, lots of pace, nice on setpieces but then how we all know hollands football was a mess. Everyone played worse so difficult to say. Blind took him in his team, i actually watched a few and yes, he is a bit similiar to Mane. But whether he would fit to english football i've no idea.

7. Cologne-Liverpool

Cheers! :well done:
    (Btw - knowing some Dutch people, I've learned that they absolutely hate it, when someone says Holland instead of the Netherlands - unless they're from that region of course;-))

8. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

I've been living some time together with a Dutch family and I know that, but they are absolutely relaxed people and they are used to be called like that ;-)

inaiq and Cologne-Liverpool like this.
  9. Cologne-Liverpool

Sure, sort of like most Germans say England when they mean the UK or GB. From my experience it depends on where exactly in the Netherlands they come from - I have gotten some angry remarks from people from Friesland in the past for examplelol Probably different from one person to the other though...Or maybe it's just me...:think::-(;-)

inaiq and James H like this.
  10. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

My mother still says "Tommies" i would never do that ;-)

Edit: sry for going offtopic :-)

11. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

You mean like when we really wanted Matip last January, or Konoplyanka In 2013/14?

ILLOK and inaiq like this.
  12. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

'Tommies' was a name given out of grudging respect, even affection by German servicemen toward their opponents. The Brits called the Germans 'Gerries' or 'Fritz' for the same reason. As far as I know, no offences was taken on either side.

PS. 'Tommies' was taken from the generic name given to the British infantryman in WW1: 'Tommy Atkins'

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    inaiq and Livvy like this.
  13. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

"Quincy solves the Klopp Case"

14. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

There hasn't exactly been a mad scramble for Sakho. Although our scouting and targets now seem to be guarded like Fort Knox, other teams drop their targets all the time. I was hoping for almost an auction situation, might end up being more scrap value :-( He's still worth £15m minimum IMHO.

15. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

What would the reaction here be if we spent £15-20m on a Centre Back who has had disciplinary problems, was not on speaking terms with his coach, and had been told, in no uncertain terms, to effing do one by his club?

We don't hold any cards on this one. We can't dig our heels in for a big fee, because every club knows that we're desperate to get shut.

The most likely scenario is a loan move late in the window. Clubs will want to 'try before they buy' and we're in no position to hold firm.

RobLFC and DanLFC like this.
  16. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Actually, let's take this to the Sakho thread, where it should be.

ptt likes this.
  17. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

It seems like he's on big money over there, but that should be no surprise really even if I don't know how good he is, you have to question (some of them admit it, like Valbuena) a 25-year old international playing in Russia for a few years. Maybe he'd take a wage cut to join us, who knows. Not sure if we'll go for this one. It seems like we've done our homework on him, but are looking if we can poach someone from Germany or whatever. We can't act passively in transfer windows at the moment, we're still in a process of building (you don't want to be in a Spurs situation next season in the CL/Europe, lacking quality in depth) and some of our best business was made through opportunity buys in January in last years. Again, I'm happy that we're not rushing stupidly into deals like Zaha, but at least it seems like we're searching. It could well go to the last days of the window, a bit like the Konoplyanka situation (we wanted him, but Kiev crushed the deal).

18. Cologne-Liverpool

Who was jumping to conclusions? And it's the Rumour Mill, right?

James H likes this.
  19. Etipafilaf

Etipafilaf "If we want, this can be a real special day."

Let's assume he doesn't have to take a pay cut and the wages are the same. Why would he come now, leaving a situation where he is guaranteed to play, when he can hold off until summer when he would know if we are a champion's league squad and he has a full summer to make the transition? Because he really wants to play at Liverpool? Because he thinks he can help win the league and trophies this season? Or because he's a competitor who likes the challenge?

It's a win win for Liverpool, not necessarily for him.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying there are some potential potholes for anyone we may try to bring in, not just Promes.

DanLFC likes this.
  20. HKReds

HKReds Member

Regardless of who we signed, I just hope it is not just because of Mane temporary absence. I rather we sign someone that will be able to push Mane or any of the front 3 or 4 to provide sufficient competition. Ideally, we are able to make a few signings during the Jan transfer window such that even if they are not 100% ready for the EPL, they will have half a season to get use to the league and the way the team is playing to make a more solid start next season.

21. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

My point is we wont be signing him anything this century because if we wanted him he would already be an LFC player

22. ptt

Has anybody else noticed that Quincy Promes is an anagram of Ricardo Quaresma?

Ish ;-)

Sionach, redbj, redalways and 4 others like this.
  23. Cologne-Liverpool

Except that nobody argued or said he shouldn't be signed or wasn't good enough - or maybe I missed something...

James H likes this.
  24. SupaLFC96

SupaLFC96 Well-Known Member

Didn't have time to go through the entire thread but people need to stop thinking of these players as backups. Origi is not a backup, neither is Sturridge. We need all the players to be a top level. As we know injuries happen and you can't have a precipitous drop off when players are injured or fatigued. We spent similar amount on Wijnaldum. This is the money for reasonable players these days. We ourselves are asking for at £20M for Sakho who hasn't played in almost a year. Let's not forget we spent nothing net spend in the summer. If we want a player and think he will improve the team I rather we get him and not have the team run out of steam late

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

25. Cologne-Liverpool

Wow...Ok...No I wasn't, just seriously didn't get your point on this, but nevermind, apologies...

James H likes this.
  26. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

Oi, you two -

[​IMG]

Artrain, Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  27. ptt

This is abuse, you want next door ;-)

bazza66 and EdWood like this.
  28. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I know what your point is, it's not the first time you've made it. We wanted both those players I named in a January window but got neither at that time. As others have stated, others get a say in whether a deal happens or not, and there is every reason the player's club may wish to draw things out.

29. Artrain

Artrain Well-Known Member

I'm ho-hum about him about after watching him on Youtube and linking that with the price being thrown around. Seems to do simple things very well. Nothing flashy. Good vision. Knows when to pass. He didn't seem Mane-like pacey though. 25mil sounds quite high. Or maybe I'm just not used to current market prices.

There are a couple of eyeballs floating in the air. :think:

Cologne-Liverpool and redfanman like this.
  30. CoolLiverpool

CoolLiverpool New Member

Is Klopp still after promes? I thought he was only a transfer target for the January transfer window