Raphael Guerreiro (LB) Lorient

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by rupzzz, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

But to say we havent bid for someone - how would you know that? If you had inside information the info would be we have bid for X or Y.

Why would information leak to her about us not bidding for someone? She couldnt know that.

2. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Thats not really inside info though. That article was written on the 27th May.

The Benteke player talk on TIA started on May 23rd. Maybe this forum has advanced news too.

Reporting something doesnt mean you have inside information.

3. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Haha the opinion pieces come after the links, even for the journos.

What's the saying? you can lead a horse to water...

She's been accurate with everything so far, reports from inside Anfield on game days, she has great access to the players and gets sit down one on ones...not much else I can say. You can smear her with the journo taint if you like. I'm not really that bothered, I was just trying maybe to hard to answer who she is and why I believe her story. Listen to TAW if you really want your doubts about her enforced/dispelled.

spooky likes this.
  4. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Accurate with what though, thats what im asking. We didnt sign anyone other than Caulker.

darkvoid likes this.
  5. jgw_geneseo

Yup, not sure who Gujic or Matip are :well done:. She's been around a little longer than that. If you want specifics try google.

6. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Are you saying she broke those stories and was the first to report them. Genuinely I dont know her so im asking.

7. jgw_geneseo

Yes she's been in front of all of our transfer dealings for around a year. Saying who isn't a target (for example, the guys thread we are ruining), and who is a genuine target we are pursuing. First? Not sure. I bet she was on a couple though, yes. Joyce, Pearce, etc. will usually all spit the same info out at the same time, so I'm sure they all have the same contact.

My main point in all of this is I'd put her stories on the same level of trust as I would Hunter, Pearce, Joyce, Barret, etc., the reliable Liverpool reporters.

8. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Well you see heres the thing. Goal.com has a history, long history of simply being a news aggregator. They take news from other sites, and put the story out there, or reprint them. Including often a lot of BS.

I can read a Pearce, Barrett, Joyce article and put my own spin on it and put it out within 10 minutes, its not hard. Most news outlets regurgitate news. TIA does it. Nothing wrong with it, but it doesnt pretend to have the inside track.

So theres a difference between those that get the stories and those that simply re-report them.

darkvoid likes this.
  9. jgw_geneseo

you got it

10. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

So this threads been hijacked as silly season creeps in lol

11. jgw_geneseo

Yup. Sorry. Back to the unreliable and stories about Gotze's girlfriend and family.

12. humanrefutation

humanrefutation Active Member

I like the idea of bringing in competition for Moreno, but I think I'd prefer if we made a serious bid for Ricardo Rodriguez.

13. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

It is relevant though, we are testing the validity of the claim by the VP of the club that weve made a bid vs the journalist who says we havent.

14. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

His YouTube video only shows goals, I want to see defending :unhappy:

15. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

I prefer to take a laid back attitude to transfers. There are a few sources that I feel are reliable and once I've read we're linked I just wait and see. No point backing one journo over another and getting over keen by it all.

16. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  17. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Nice to see we are targeting someone nobody here knows about, so now I am waiting for the usual suspect to come out saying how good is he compared to who we have. Like that Grujic fella and that polish midfielder we are supposedly about to sign, Zielinkski, both been touted to be better than our players today.

18. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

No Liverpool offer for Guerreiro as Chilwell remains the main target

By Melissa Reddy

Liverpool has not bid for Raphael Guerreiro despite Lorient vice-president Alex Hayes claiming as much, sources tell Goal.

Leicester City's Ben Chilwell is the priority target at left back, with the Reds escalating negotiations with the Premier League champion over the 19-year-old.

The Reds have distanced themselves from any links with Guerreiro as they continue to pursue a shortlist of targets, which does not include the defender.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/69/t...l-offer-for-guerreiro-as-chilwell-remains-the

19. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

You have a little thing for her don't you? :think:

20. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Technically, she is saying that the sources told Goal, she's not saying that they are her sources. If the club have distanced themselves from the move, then the other journalists would have said so wouldnt they?

I'm also interested by the use of the Chilwell as the "priority target at left back". Does that mean we expect him to play left back next season, or are we going with Moreno?

lfc.eddie likes this.
  21. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Whether Reddy or Hayes are closest to the truth doesn't faze me sat all.
    What does is that we do need a quality LB this summer,can't possibly start another season with Moreno first choice.
    We are already seeing heaps of LB's names floated..what happened to Hector?
    Not convinced about Chilwell and would be surprised if Reddy is right about him being first choice.
    Know nothing about Guerreiro except what I've seen in the last few hours but based on that he'd be as good a pick as any.
    Anyway,time will tell,probably another couple of dozen to go,yet.

22. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

According to some reports in France, he's close to agreement with Dortmund who would pay €10m (a year left on his Lorient deal) for him on a 4-year deal.

23. garth

garth ♫♫♫♫♫

I refuse to believe that until it's confirmed by Melissa Reddy.

24. Zoran

Just scored for Portugal against Norway.

25. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Lovely free kick. We could use some of that; there's always room for an Aurelio-esque left foot.

Zoran likes this.
  26. Zoran

Muy bien. :well done:

Hope in your heart likes this.
  27. liver1

liver1 Well-Known Member

Does he know how to stand on the rear left hand side of the pitch and stay there for most of the game?

If so, ill take one.

28. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Anfield/Sydney/Orange County

But genetically engineered with hamstrings made of steel.

redfanman likes this.
  29. POBox

POBox TIA Reserve Team

30. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.