Raphael Guerreiro (LB) Lorient

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by rupzzz, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Wherever this winds up,so far Guerreiro is probably as good as any of the LB's being tossed around just now,as possible replacements for Moreno,we have to do something about LB,gone on far too long,Moreno might have a look in later,but just now he has too many brain farts for mine.

2. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

3. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

They've really become our nemesis in this window.

Dortmund - the new Spurs?

koptician and redfanman like this.
  4. norwegian wood

norwegian wood TIA Regular

Yeah, makes sense that. Spurs, Dortmund, Liverpool; they're all pretty much in the same boat. A lot of similarities in terms of playing style and which players they can attract, so it's natural they're looking at the same segment of the market and end up going for the same players. None of them can compete with the big three in Europe; and maybe not with the likes of Juve, PSG, Atletico, Arsenal, Chelsea or the Manchester clubs either. Maybe for the odd player, if there are special circumstances.

redfanman likes this.
  5. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Well Dortmund will stop spending eventually.

6. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

That... or perhaps, more likely, the press has linked us with anyone Dortmund were targeting due to the Klopp angle... while certain agents were happy to build on that alleged interest to drum up interest that would increase the salary on offer.

7. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Possibly, but this is the agent driven era. Anyone who has a client that we might be interested in is also going to go to clubs of similar stature, like Dortmund and Spurs, to see if there is any interest there.

8. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan Vertrauen Sie mir

Not fussed out about losing him, as I don't see him as a LB. Played LM last I watched them against Lyon I think so not what we need as we have one of those. We need a defend first LB, personally I prefer a more experienced one but whatever, that can help mentor Moreno in the art of defending. I don't see the point in getting another attacking LB that isn't all that good at defending so I say well done to Dortmund and Raph but not the right one for me.

9. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

The reason he was moved into LM this past season is not because he cannot defend, but because his coach is very defensive and likes having 2 full backs in front of each other. Guerreiro's quality on the ball is why he was the one picked to play further up the pitch.

10. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

11. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.