Reece Oxford (West Ham CB/DM)

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Celtic Dragon, May 25, 2016.

1. LW94

LW94 Member

would love us to sign Oxford. Think he's an outstanding talent.

2. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Just how good do you think he could be ? A better prospect than say Brannagan or Stewart ?

Serious question mate

3. RedStefarus

RedStefarus TIA Youth Team

Brenda?

boston red likes this.
  4. LW94

LW94 Member

you caught me :unhappy:

5. LW94

LW94 Member

he's a complete different player to both of them. Oxford is naturally a CB and that's where I see his future, though he can operate as a DM if required. If we signed him I think we'd have arguably the 2 best upcoming English CB's

For what its worth, I don't think Stewart is much of a prospect, he's abilities appear to be very limited and he's 22 so no longer a youngster that we should look at as 'potential'

OLDIE likes this.
  6. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Fair assessment.

I think Stewart will be moved on and that we will get a tidy sum for him. I like him but he is 22 and won't play at least a third of league games.

I have only seen Oxford on match of the day or in the odd live game, I never really paid any attention to him because I thought nothing of him to be honest.

A centre back position will be extremely difficult though, Lovren, Matip, Gomez and AN other (Sakho will get done) I can't see Klopp going for further inexperience. I may be wrong

DM might be a better option for him. Lucas may go, so we may look to bring in another couple of players.

Thanks for your opinion

7. LW94

LW94 Member

You think Stewart will move on in this window? Would be odd considering he's just signed a new contract but I wouldn't be totally surprised or against it.

Well Reece Oxford doesn't turn 18 until December so he doesn't need to be ready to step up for the first team yet.
    17 years old but he's already gone one hell of a physique, standing at 1.91m, plenty of time to muscle up and he could be a top athlete.

Didn't the Echo report that Niklas Sule had turned us down to continue his progress at Hoffenheim? Also rumours of us being interested in Jonathan Tah, so based on that it looks like we're after a young CB.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Gomez at RB a few times tbh.

8. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Sometimes players are offered new contracts to increase or protect their market value.

A centre back will very much depend on Sakho and how long he gets. 2 years and he is gone - we will then no doubt bring someone in. Tah or Sule, its a matter for the club and the player, but I think they will buy if Sakho gets done heavily.

Gomez at right back, no I don't see it. Flanno yes, Gomez will be left in the middle, in my view

9. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Maybe it was a judgement on the club sign him up, for rainy days. Will hold his value. A loan this season or sell

10. LW94

LW94 Member

Must have been

11. LW94

LW94 Member

I don't see him getting 2 years, I think he'll get 6 months max, which would mean he'd be back by October/November.

12. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

We will find out today

13. LW94

LW94 Member

not been on here for long, whats the general consensus on Sakho?
    I've seen people say they want him to be banned as they don't rate him and we're likely to buy someone if there is a ban

14. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

It's not a case of wanting him banned. It is a case that he broke the rules, in the full knowledge that he was breaking the rules. Therefore he must be banned.

No player can be above the rules in regards to drugs.

It does not matter whether it is Sakho or an under 16 player or how valuable the player is in the transfer market

darkvoid likes this.
  15. LW94

LW94 Member

but his team are arguing that the drug shouldn't have been banned in the first place... if thats the case then he doesn't deserve a ban at all imo

16. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

It was still on the banned list when he knowingly took it. He could have tried to get it taken off the banned list before he wanted to take

redfanman and OLDIE like this.
  17. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

The fact remains it was on the banned list.

If he disagreed with it being on the list then he should have made representations BEFORE using the drug.

Individuals cannot decide what rules to adhere to or not.

I suspect he will get the 2 years because he KNEW he was breaking the rules

darkvoid likes this.
  18. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Mixed really.I'm not a fan of Sahko or Moreno, but plenty of people on here are.

Despite his qualities I view him similar to Moreno-too much of a liability to have any defensive solidity and prone to horrendous mistakes, think they both need replacing, possibly kept as squad members but not first teamers.

19. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

I reckon you'll probably be right but I reckon it'll be 2 years from when we suspended him and not from when they issue their findings

20. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I think this is another thread that could do with being locked @Nikola

21. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Congratulations on your promotion, you must be really proud

redfanman, darkvoid and rupzzz like this.
  22. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid Valued Member

Self made Mod eh?

Take it from someone who used to be one, they don't take kindly to being told what to do.

redfanman and darkvoid like this.
  23. darkvoid

darkvoid Tiocfaidh ár lá

Must be all the bad language and abuse we are throwing around

boston red and redfanman like this.
  24. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

No. No we don't.

darkvoid and redfanman like this.
  25. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

That certainly wasnt the intention of the post perhaps I should just have asked why this thread is still open when this particular subject has long passed and everyone is discussing things in here bar the subject the matter

Appologies to all Mods

26. LW94

LW94 Member

or n
    knew he wouldn't get 2 years.

OLDIE likes this.