Rugby Union

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LaurazRed, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Like you said you didn't see the game!

2. Flobs

Flobs FADA

As I said! lol

3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Yep Italy are improving, they have a very good coach now.. Their main problem is they have what 2 teams in Italy you would say are at a decent level, which means their players are spread all around, you lose that continuity of players knowing eachother through club rugby and their player pool is really small compared to the other nations.

LaurazRed and Flobs like this.
  4. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

France,the sublime to the ridiculous in 80 minutes it's unbelievable,they have talent no doubt but their composure goes missing too much but I suppose that's the classic French way,Scotland getting better but lack depth,the try being judged a knock on in the second half was interesting decision and I feel unfair, France we're unfortunate on the score board but a win and plucky Scotland get a bonus losing point for staying within seven,crazy game really.

LaurazRed and Flobs like this.
  5. LaurazRed

LaurazRed The hopeful one

I couldn't believe the Finn Russell conversion miss right in front of the posts, he rushed it badly.

Scott Jones likes this.
  6. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Those need to be 'rushed'. Technically it was atrocious. Have to go for height not direction for those. lol

Scott Jones and LaurazRed like this.
  7. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I thought I would come back to this. Just wondering why you said it really, don't/didn't you rate Jacques Brunel or is it that you don't/didn't know much about him.
    He is a very competent coach and considered one of the best technical coaches in France. Also a wonderful, likable man though that could also be his weakness at international level. He put everything he had into improving Italy the problem is/was that he was just playing catch up all the time (I can not see that changing soon though I think that Ireland and England will probably peak in the next 4 years which might give some 'relief' to Italy's plight).

Scott Jones likes this.
  8. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

The whole new bonus-points approach is making for some very confusing stuff about predicting an eventual winner here. Ireland for example picked up a bonus point for only losing by less than 7 points ...as did all-of France, Wales and Scotland too. Another bonus point for scoring 4 tries as well.

Anybody's championship atm within this new system IMO. You gain an extra point by losing ugly and mean while you also gain by scoring freely too - and both on a very situational basis. It's crazy to see 5 teams almost neck-and-neck, when England should be clearly ahead already with their narrow 2 wins. Maybe it makes it more exciting though.

Scott Jones and Flobs like this.
  9. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I don't think it's sustainable. Foe 2 reason's it makes no sense. Firstly in the 6 nations is not a home and away league, secondly there's not enough teams in the competition to make it viable.

Certainly it is going to make it interesting. What I ask is is it now possible for a team to win the Grand Slam but not win the 6 nations? :think:

cardiffpete and Scott Jones like this.
  10. Scott Jones

For me the bonus "losing point" should be when you're away from home and you lose by no more than a try conversion,maybe relegation will be next to spice it up a bit as I wouldn't have minded Argentina being included but they chose southern hemisphere tournament,maybe Romania,Canada,Bulgaria or Russia is an option.

cardiffpete likes this.
  11. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

Georgia is another one here. They have some very tough players. Romania also a nice shout too.

Flobs and Scott Jones like this.
  12. Scott Jones

Ireland v France should be good,both struggling really so interesting to see who takes the bull by the horns,France look impressive at times like Ireland but a bit disjointed and capable of something ridiculous in skill or mistake,I think the Welsh will have too much for the Scottish unfortunately for England as I see Wales as England's biggest threat.

13. Scott Jones

Wales have played a shocking game,reminded me of our loss to Burnley with all the dominating of the game,attacking,possession and getting nothing,a sniff for them and they nail it,ridiculous game and Scotland deserved it in a way.:shocked: