Rummenigge lying about the English

Discussion in 'European Football' started by geebo, Oct 21, 2016.

1. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: English clubs effectively ‘kidnapping’ young players

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has accused English clubs of effectively “kidnapping” young players from overseas. Bayern are due to open the doors on a new youth academy in the north of Munich next summer, and the club chairman has declared he would have “moral reservations” about filling it with pre-teens from other countries.

“We don’t want to bring some 10 or 11-year-old to Munich like the English do,” he said in comments published in the club’s magazine. “You could almost speak of kidnapping with them and I would have moral reservations about that.”

“Our priority will certainly be Germany and Bavaria,” he said. “Our future talented players will much rather come from Rosenheim than Rio.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/21/karl-heinz-rummenigge-premier-league-young-players

This is a complete lie by Rummenigge. I have never liked this guy, because this is typical of his dubious character.
    Im not an expert on Youth movement or FIFA laws but Im pretty certain that Liverpool cant take players until they are over 16 (from England) or 18 (from Europe and the world) . They most certainly do not take 10 or 11 years olds from Europe or South America. Im pretty sure that is against FIFA rules.

Here is a quote in an article about a 15 year old:

"In clear terms, the rule says that youth players are not allowed to register with a team in a country other than their own until they are 18.
    FIFA lists three exceptions: If a player lives within 50 kilometers of a country’s border and his desired club is within 50 kilometers of the same border; if a player is moving from one European country to the other and is at least 16; or if a player’s family is moved to a different country for reasons “not linked to football.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/s...ules-sidelines-young-players-abroad.html?_r=0

The reality is Bayern are at least ten years behind English and Spanish academies. And the facgt is, BAyern wont be able to get young palyers from other countries anyway. But to slur thr English without provocation, whilst actually promoting their own academy is ridiculous.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/aff...e_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf
    Page 17- the protection of minors. No contract under 18, unles (16-18) the parents move to the new land (and a few other exceptions). But obviously 10 and 11 is ridiculous, and I think it is poor journalism from the Guradian to print tnhis without referring to the falseness of the comment.

inaiq likes this.
  2. inaiq

inaiq "Some people feel the rain others just get wet"

@geebo, Genuine questions
    Even though the rules are clear, and there are always exceptions to any rule, why would he put out such a "dog whistle" type comment?
    Is his philosophy specific to BM/Bavaria?

3. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Hilarious - the German leagues are responsible for the single largest influx of players from Brazil.

redfanman and geebo like this.
  4. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

At what age are German clubs importing these Brazilians?

inaiq likes this.
  5. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

If the comment of KHR are reported correctly, surely the English footballing gods will ask him for evidence to back up his claim.

If he stands by his comments and backs them up, then our system needs to be looked.

At the age of 10 or 11 no child should be subjected to the trauma that follows such moves.

If KHR is telling lies then he must have action taken against him.

darkvoid and Hope in your heart like this.
  6. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

Rummenigge should care his Rollex watches (gifts from sheiks) for which he didn't pay taxes in the airport in Munich.

He talks about many things just not about corruption.

redfanman and geebo like this.
  7. geebo

Im not sure, Ive never heard of it. I know in Spain they give the parents from other lands jobs in spain in order to circumvent the rule, although I beleive FIFA have since found them out. I think Brazilians can only be availab le at earliest 18, or maybe 17? but thats a guess.

8. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

KHR is being willfully oblivious to the fact that not only do the English league clubs comply with the FIFA regulations (at least the big ones that I know of do) but also that the home office entry requirements are far stricter here than in Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal for example.

A lot of players from Brazil are getting around the FIFA rules by reclaiming amateur status and making their way to the European leagues with the majority ending up in Germany. I was chatting with Reynaldo Buzzoni about this issue only last week. Of 490 transfers out of the Brazilian leagues last year 110 went to Germany, 100 went to Spain (Portugal and the US were the 3rd and 4th most popular destinations). Of those 490, 139 were minors.

redfanman, Celtic Dragon and geebo like this.
  9. geebo

Thanks for that update. That is disgraceful. Whenever I see the word "minors" that makes me thing of trafficing children ! Of course, some would say what else have these "poor brazilians got" when now they have a chance at football... but, I reckon only a small percent make it to the top and I guess thats the same line they used to justified slavery in the 18th century !

KHR was always a complete T*sser. HE was totally against a manager (a good one) who took cocaine, KHR helped destroy his career, and called him immoral, and yet, KHR has (or had til then) been having and affair for about 10 years at least although still married and living with his wife- T me thats more immoral than taking cocaine ! because it hurts another person whereas self abuse doesnt !!! but, Always hated him... he once slated the whole Bayern team at a dinner, I think cos they lost a final, or it might have been a CL semi. Anyway, he was so abusive, half the team left the restaurant out of protest... two stories of that idiot that come to mind. Never liked him....

10. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Can't blame Kalle for those comments, I'm pretty sure that's the way he feels.
    Of course he is exaggerting with 10-11 year old boys.
    But the english clubs try to grab the best 16+ year old kids from around europe and the world.
    Where other clubs from other leagues already have done a lot of the groundwork. With the PLs' superior funds as leverage.
    To the detriment of local/domestic youngsters.

That's just my own opinion of course.

P.S. KHR is clearly referring to kids from europe, too. Not only from south america.
    And as long as the UK is in the EU work permits don't matter in those cases.

I'm afraid it's a fact that the PL clubs have much more foreign players in the squads and reserves than the other big leagues.
    No surprise it annoys big clubs in germany (maybe spain, too), that their leagues became feeder leagues for the TV rights-billions- etc Premier League.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  11. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

P.S.: not that I'm a big fan of Kalle or Bayern.
    It's obvious that KHR wants Bayern to be the only club that grabs the most talented kids from other german clubs :-)