Ryan Sessegnon (LB) Fulham

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Kopstar, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

thanks kopstar

Kopstar likes this.
  2. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

I mean, if his reasoning is simply that Spurs are a great club for developing youth players, recently competed for the title and look a solid bet to remain in the CL in the near future, I'd fully understand it of course, though I do think in terms of youth development we're on a par.

But if it was simply a question of geography I would think he seems to lack ambition. I guess the question is really whether we'd ever really know his true reasoning whichever club he ends up at.

SoueysTash likes this.
  3. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

I've got a feeling we can't loan him out to any English clubs....kopstar?

4. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

It's not a loophole. We haven't been banned from signing players to professional contracts. We can sign anyone we want to a professional contract as long as they are old enough to do so. We can also sign players to youth contracts providing the haven't been anywhere close to the English leagues in the 18 months before. It's a very limited group we are banned from signing.

RedSeven, jabu and SoueysTash like this.
  5. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

You're all bastards. There's a special place in hell for you and ZB. Next to the lawyers, see you there.

6. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

dont matter !! Paul Joyce reporting our interest in Ryan Sessengon has ended.

7. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

Didn't he say Spurs are looking like the preferred destination as oppose to LFC's interest has ended? Don't have a times sub so can't check but that was the headline I think...

edit: Opens twitter

DaveOCKOP‏Verified account @DaveOCKOP 12s13 seconds ago
    Paul Joyce has stated that Liverpool have ended their interest in Ryan Sessegnon.

jabu likes this.
  8. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan Vertrauen Sie mir

If Sessegnon spurns us and Leicester decides not to sell Chilwell then we do or would we go for?

9. Zinedine Biscan

Going by current links it could well be Andy Robertson from Hull.

redfanman likes this.
  10. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

Christ - I'd prefer a proper left back signing. Milner looked goosed at the end of last season, to be fair to Robertson I don't know if he's any good but do I want to be going into a crucial fixture with Milner injured and him as left back - absolutely not.

11. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

Tierney from Celtic perhaps,if we are still looking for youth.

12. Zinedine Biscan

It's not ideal, though there still seems to be a bit of chat about Mendy of Monaco.

13. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

There's something amusingly petty about how we're often said to have "ended our interest" moments before news that a player has signed for another club.

14. MarlboroMan

Yeah Robertson is very average and while I would have taken him IF we got Sessegnon as understudy but just Robertson would be terrible. He's not a special talent by any means nor is he already a good player so I rather Tierney from Celtic or just compete with the big boys for Mendy.

15. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Which we are apparently (Mendy)

16. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Come on - if we couldn't get a 16 year old teenager while competing against 1 club (who came to the party very late i think), how are we going to sign Mendy, a guy coveted by so many top clubs.

17. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Thats Brand and Sess out of the list. In a week or 2, we will hear that we have lost interest in Vvd and Keita too.
    Then most of the last few months wish list of TIA posters can go to the bin.

18. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

It's not a competition, but it's annoying when a person continues to perpetuate an inaccuracy, thus confusing the discussion, when the relevant and accurate information is freely available (directly given to him).

redfanman likes this.
  19. Juggernaut

Juggernaut New Member

Would have really liked, hope its not a case of Dele Alli 2.0 where we don't want go give him the wages hes after.

Potentially great signing for Spurs, I just hope we have someone as good or better lined up (Mendy...!).

20. Prolix

Prolix Well-Known Member

If Paul Joyce has, in fact, stated this, why are we not provided with a link to either a.) Paul Joyce's twitter account stating such or b.) an article written by Paul Joyce stating such?

I really do not understand the insistence of football fans to prop up these ridiculous twitter accounts that just churn out uncited excerpts of other people's work. A particular favourite of mine is whenever one of these newsspambots just puts [Newspaper Source] in brackets at the end of the tweet rather than simply attaching a link.

Scott Jones likes this.
  21. football.tiger

football.tiger TIA Squad Member

It's like the NYTs or WaPo, post it and they will come...

22. MarlboroMan

Had a lot of faith in our ability to attract, Van Dijk and Sessegnon just yesterday and today the stupid Twitterverse are now saying neither are likely. :-( I pray that they have no clue what is going on because I struggle to find another CB as complete as VVD and a LB which as much potential as Sessegnon. How many 16yrs kids do so well in the Championship that they make the team of the year?
    For both of them we are the best choice for them. Chelsea play 3 at the back which I'm assuming isn't very comfortable for VVD plus they already have a settled backline which would make breaking into it a tough order. While we play a back 4 and are seeking a first choice CB to partner Matip.
    Sessegnon too would likely see more games with us than with Spurs and most of the top 6 clubs. Its a weird choice to me not beneficial to their development IMO.

23. Zinedine Biscan

Probably because Joyce writes for The Times and his articles are behind a pay-wall. It's not on his Twitter timeline.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce

There is an article here, but I'm not paying to read it:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tottenham-want-sessegnon-czjt6bv7j

24. Prolix

Prolix Well-Known Member

Even without paying at least I can see enough of the article to support the claim. Rather than taking "DaveOCKOP"'s (?) word for it.

25. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

His account won't tweet things as his stories are behind a paywall. So, "propping up ridiculous twitter accounts" is more, relying on them to pay their subs so I can read news in 140 characters...Quite simple really, it's not bollocks - every LFC fan account has tweeted it so...you're welcome, for the information.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  26. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

Ah...the entire article:

Tottenham Hotspur have emerged as favourites to sign Ryan Sessegnon, the Fulham teenager. Sessegnon, who can operate at left back or further forward, can sign his first professional contract having recently turned 17 — but he has yet to put pen to paper. Tottenham finished the season with Ben Davies at left back after Danny Rose suffered a knee injury.

It was a really long one.

redfanman likes this.
  27. Zinedine Biscan

Really, I just see it saying that Spurs remain favourites to sign him, which we knew days ago. I couldn't see any mention in the pre-paywall text about us dropping interest in signing him.

Prolix likes this.
  28. Prolix

Prolix Well-Known Member

Fair enough. And apologies to @SoueysTash, I didn't mean it as a criticism of you per se. Probably just a personal bugbear I need to get over.

Carry on.

FGred, SoueysTash and Scott Jones like this.
  29. Zinedine Biscan

Nay problemo. It's certainly worth saying that there's a lot of charlatans in Twitter-land, or those who accidentally spread false information through being keen to share good news first, and so it's always worth checking the source or origin of a rumour before putting too much faith in it.

FGred and redfanman like this.
  30. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

NP mate, if that was the only acct on my timeline tweeting it, it's unlikely I'd have posted it. :well done:

FGred likes this.